Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,562 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? (9890 Views)

No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service / Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by joystickextendr: 8:34am On Mar 22, 2015
Not totally acceptable

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by siegfried99(m): 8:34am On Mar 22, 2015
Lol grin grin
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 22, 2015
It's not acceptable because u re not sacrificing anything...... The beauty of fasting is when u deprive urself of what u av. You having a sumptuous meal @ home and u chose to take ur eyes off it because u re determined to fast. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by aportikoko: 8:38am On Mar 22, 2015
It good to fast
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Juchii(m): 8:39am On Mar 22, 2015
SagePerv:
Is there a need to starve yourself simply because you want something from a merciful being?

they will never understand. the best form of fasting is keeping yourself away from sin.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:40am On Mar 22, 2015
You just dey suffer your belle.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by yaudee(m): 8:40am On Mar 22, 2015
emusmith:

Those days, when one doesn't have cash or food items in school, we simply say "I convert it to fasting" grin grin grin

I know Our God is a Merciful God and also a Consuming fire cool

This "conversion", has it played out nice for anyone?

Is it acceptable before God?

Yes is acceptable before Allah. When Prophet Muhammad (SAW) ask his wife's whether there is food in the early part morning and they said there is none then he said from that time he is fasting, his reward is with Allah INSHA ALLAH.

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by dhardline(m): 8:44am On Mar 22, 2015
Iyalasisi:
It's not acceptable because u re not sacrificing anything...... The beauty of fasting is when u deprive urself of what u av. You having a sumptuous meal @ home and u chose to take ur eyes off it because u re determined to fast. smiley
You said it all.

2 Likes

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by alexbch(m): 8:46am On Mar 22, 2015
If wen deir is money u fast ....den God knws ur hart
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by ylaa(f): 8:47am On Mar 22, 2015
to be sincere with you, it is unacceptable. the bible says God cannot be mocked, whatever a man soweth that will he reap. you only choose to fast cause you have no food, but if you have food you will not even think of fasting. may God help us.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by BlackLeopard(m): 8:48am On Mar 22, 2015
I believe God'd encourage sparing and Getting Meal, because food very much is preferable to fasting if can be done.

And otherwise yes, you're giving the thought to God at least, and not lamenting not being given money and food. Circumstance turned into prayer, God's gotta get it.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 22, 2015
[b]No one does it better than me,, i am dead serious, sometimes when i wake up in the morning and i am so wet and Hot(sorry for the foul words on sunday) and i manage not to masturbarte, i will automatically convert it to fasting, sometimes when i eat late(say 11pm) and in the morning i am still full, i convert it to fasting, if by chance a guy sleeps in my house and for some reason beyond US we did not have seex, i convert it to fast...there was this day i was so broke, 5Naira no dey both home(my purse) and abroad(the bank), i resulted to convert it to fasting ni oooooo, all i did was just praying and praying,, by the evening a call came in

Guy: baby whats up how are you?
Me: Am fine and u, na wa o long time no see
Guy: No mind me i ben dey busy, where u dey na?
Me: am at home ooo, so bored
Guy: bored ke? come to Lag na, its just 5pm
Me: I can't am so broke, i cant even transport myself from here to Ago garage(OOU)
Guy: ok ok i will come and pick you right away, just give me some few mins
That was it, my prayers was answered, went with him to lagos and i came back to school 20thousand Naira richer

Testimonies of converted fasting[/b]
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by BlackLeopard(m): 8:50am On Mar 22, 2015
ylaa:
to be sincere with you, it is unacceptable. the bible says God cannot be mocked, whatever a man soweth that will he reap. you only choose to fast cause you have no food, but if you have food you will not even think of fasting. may God help us.

It's not necessarily mocking.

The OP thinks of God instead of say, going to commit a crime while crying 'you God made me do it by not giving me food'. There's a difference in intent and action. It's not mocking. It may not be the most sincere out there, but it's not harmful and to laugh at God; it's respect.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 22, 2015
SagePerv:
Is there a need to starve yourself simply because you want something from a merciful being?

like asking is there any need for Christ to die for man.Bible says there are certain things that can only be done through prayer and fasting.During fast,u feed on the word and holyspirit,depriving yourself of pleasure reveals your selflessness.Yes,fasting is needed to grow as christian.

1 Like

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2015
millions die in plane & auto crashes on daily basis, thousands die of cancer, ebola, hiv, etc,

isis beheading people in iraq, earthquakes hitting japan, israel bombarding gaza, etc

if you like starve your ass to death,

religion is a scam.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by danielmichael(m): 8:56am On Mar 22, 2015
Lols..hypicrisy in totality
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by moscobabs(m): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2015
Fasting is fasting weda broke or not
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by LadyX(f): 9:01am On Mar 22, 2015
As a human being I would say it's unacceptable.
However, there is nothing wrong with connecting with your creator when you have no food.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Ferdinandu(m): 9:02am On Mar 22, 2015
In my own church we are thought that if have to fast, then you are supposed to give cost of those food you didn't eat to the needy.

If you don't have money to eat then you have to join the rank of the needy so that people who are really fasting will help you out grin
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by nora544: 9:04am On Mar 22, 2015
when you have a problem in nigeria the only words are fasting and praying.

when you are broken than look to finde a work! because God didnot like lazy people!
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by pinkycute(f): 9:13am On Mar 22, 2015
cheesy cheesy

dharay99:

yhu sabi fast? grin no be doz 12pm own o
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by jaybee3(m): 9:15am On Mar 22, 2015
pinkycute:
cheesy cheesy Am on that now cheesy cheesy

I believe my God will understand wink

Oya wetin u wan buy?
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 22, 2015
Which god?
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by dharay99: 9:20am On Mar 22, 2015
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Infomizer(m): 9:20am On Mar 22, 2015
See as men dey reason on behalf of diety o!
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by DonMekino(m): 9:23am On Mar 22, 2015
hey hey....didn't knw plenty broke ass peeps full here on NL.... grin
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by chiedu7: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2015
joystickextendr:
Not totally acceptable

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature

Sorry I dont know the version of the bible you are reading,
but Jesus said if you are having problems PRAY!

Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Misogynist2014(m): 9:44am On Mar 22, 2015
ifeness:
Which god?
The LORD God of Heavens and Earth.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 22, 2015
Brothers when u fast u do so for yourself it's not God business,Yes! unless you don't know what fasting is. A Christian fast everyday nd for the humble truth you don't need to fast to receive anything from God, however you fast as a spiritual exercise Just like praying.
Re: Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 22, 2015
nora544:
when you have a problem in nigeria the only words are fasting and praying.

when you are broken than look to finde a work! because God didnot like lazy people!
Always Anti-Nigeria nawaooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal High Court Dismisses TB Joshua's Lawsuit Against Lagos Coroner' / Why I Left The Jehovah's Witnesses / Open Heavens Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.