Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional (9909 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/09/17 / Kenneth Copeland Daily Devotional / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/08/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:26am On Jan 21, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: TUESDAY 21ST JANUARY 2020
THEME: CHILDREN OF GOD ARE PEACEMAKERS II.
MEMORISE:
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another Romans 14:19
READ: Romans 14:17-19
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
when there is a dispute going on around you, there are three lines of action you can take: You can stay out of it, take sides or make peace between the quarreling parties. God expects His children to pick the option of making peace at all times. When you are known as a Christian, people respect and trust your judgment. Hence it would be of great effect if you attempt to make peace between quarreling parties. Your involvement can avert a lot of things like a full-blown fight, a long period of malice or an unresolved disagreement. If getting involved to make peace can have this effect, why be indifferent?
You could even be the one involved in a quarrel. At such times, I implore you to always choose the side of peace. Always look for a way in which both yourself and the other party can settle the matter amicably or peacefully. This may be difficult to do as it may result in you forgoing some benefits so as to let peace reign, but then it is the right thing to do.
Imagine walking by the road and you see me arguing violently with someone. If you know me very well, you are likely to conclude that it is just a look alike, and can’t be me. But if it happens to be me, then you would be greatly disappointed by my behavior. That is how baby Christians and unbelievers look at you too. They believe that as a Christian, you should act like Christ and He is not quarrelsome. Rather, He commanded that we should love our enemies (Luke 6:35). By quarreling, you show the world a wrong example of how a Christian should behave and God forbid that they carry on with that. Many people have decided against becoming saved because of how they saw some so-called Christians conduct themselves. Don’t deter someone else’s salvation. Fighting for your right can never be worth as much as a person’s soul. Paul said in Romans 14:21:
“It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.”
Choose to be a peacemaker today.
KEY POINT:
God wants you to be a peacemaker at all times.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 27-29
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 27: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 22ND JANUARY 2020
THEME: LIGHT OF THE WORLD.
MEMORISE:
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16
READ: Matthew 5:14-16
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
In the scripture above (John 8:12), Jesus introduced Himself as the light of the world, then turned around to say that we (Christians) are the light of the world in Matthew 5:14.
“Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.”
In other words, we share similar characteristics with Jesus Christ. Now, if you the great characteristics that Jesus Christ had while on earth, why are you hiding them.
Light is supposed to shine wherever there is darkness; why do you sometimes go in the midst of darkness and hide your light? Jesus never shied away from shining the light of the gospel on anyone that He saw living in darkness. Darkness can also mean confusion; when people are confused and do not know what steps to take, they are in darkness. When you find yourself amongst people who need direction on what next to do, you should ask God for guidance and relay what He tells you to them. Shine your light to clear darkness. Don’t join them in being worried and confused; if you do, you are hiding your light under a bushel. The fact that you are there should give them confidence that direction will soon come, because they know you are light.
You must note however that light usually goes off when disconnected from its source. The reason many Christians have stopped shining as light in their world it because they have lost their connection to the first Light- Jesus Christ. Once you disconnect the bulb from electricity, it will go off. Even though everyone can see the bulb and hope to get some light from it, they cannot, because it is not connected. If darkness is thriving around you, then you need to check your connection to the source. Do you still pray often? Do you still spend time studying your Bible? Do you still fellowship where the iron other Christians can sharpen yours?
PRAYER POINT:
Father, in every way that I have been disconnected from You, my source, please give me the grace to reconnect, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 30-31
HYMN 15: IN CHRIST ALONE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS BY PST. ENOCH .A. ADEBOYE
THURSDAY JANUARY 23
SALT OF THE EARTH
MEMORISE:
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Matthew 5:13
READ: Luke 14:34
Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be seasoned?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 32-34
The statement “You are the salt of the earth” means that without you, the earth cannot be sweet. Hence, the sweetness of this world depends on you.
One of the ways by which you can be like salt in your world is through the words of your mouth. Colossians 4:6 says:
“Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.”
Always speak soothing words to the downtrodden, never use harsh and abusive words and ensure your words are healing rather than killing those who hear them.
Another way to be the salt of the earth is to show kindness to others. Your little act of kindness is a great factor in making the world a sweet place for some other person(s) to live in. in Matthew 25:34-46, there is a list of people to whom you are expected to always show kindness. These include the hungry, the prisoners, the sick, those who have no clothes and so on.
If you don’t do these things, then you have lost your savour and Jesus said in Matthew 5:13 that salt that has lost its savor is good for nothing but should be cast out and trodden under the foot of men. You may say: But this world is a very wicked place, how can I use nice words and perform kind acts in such a place? Well, that is exactly the point. When you cook a cup of rice, you don’t add a cup of salt to it. The salt is always little compared to the rice. You should not expect the whole world to be salt too; it is your duty to influence others with your savour and bring out the sweetness in them. You cannot afford to become bitter just because others around you are.
Remain the salt of the earth. Don’t be weary in doing good. Your reward will surely come if you don’t give up (Galatians 6:9).
PRAYER POINT:
Lord, please have mercy on me for all the times that I lost my savour. I promise from now on to remain as salt even in this wicked world.
HYMN 22:
1. O Lord, my God!
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: FRIDAY 24TH JANUARY, 2020.
THEME:: AMBASSADORS OF CHRIST
MEMORISE:
Now we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2nd Corinthians 5:20
READ: 1st Corinthians 8:9-13 (KJV)
9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that are weak.
10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
An ambassador is an accredited person who represents his/her nation in a foreign country.
Ambassadors of Christ
When a country chooses a person to serve as an ambassador, it means the fellow has characteristics that reflect who they are and who they want the world to see them as.
Many Christians, even Pastors call themselves ambassadors of Christ whereas Christ’s testimony about them is
“I know you not”
(Matthew 25:12). It is not just about claiming to be Christ’s Ambassador, it is about living the lifestyle of Christ (Matthew 7:21-23).
Ambassadors of Christ
How do we know those who are true ambassadors of Christ? Jesus said it is by their fruits that we will know them.
Is the fruit of the spirit evident in your lifestyle? Do you show love to those around you? Are you patient, meek, full of joy? Are you at peace in your mind and following peace with all men? Are you gentle? Do you have faith in God? If these things don’t describe you correctly, then you are not an ambassador of Christ.
Jesus said in John 14:9 that if you have seen Him, then you have seen the Father.
That is a true ambassador. Can people look at you and have a good picture of who Christ is?
A powerful Muslim cleric once said that if he can find ten Christians like Adeboye, he would convert to Christianity. This shows how scarce true ambassadors of Christ are.
The moment you call yourself a Christian, people begin to watch your lifestyle; what they see in you will determine how they take Christianity.
Ephesians 6:20 states:
“For which I am an ambassador in chains, that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly as I ought to.”
While true Christians are saving souls from grasp of the devil, don’t be the one to turn them away from Christ. If you will not live the lifestyle of Christ, don’t go around parading yourself as a Christian. Jesus said He knows His sheep and His sheep know Him (John 10:14).
The end is very near; if you do not repent and change your ways, you would soon have to join your real father – the devil. I pray that will never be your story.
Reflection:
Are you truly an ambassador of Christ?
AUTHOR: PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE, GENERAL OVERSEER OF THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 35-37,
Hymn: 26
Stand up, stand up for Jesus
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:44pm On Jan 24, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 25TH JANUARY 2020.
THEME: GOD’S SANDPAPER.
MEMORISE:
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Hebrews 12:11
READ: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
When a carpenter is working on a piece of furniture, he has a picture of what he wants the finished work t look like. He puts in a lot of effort to make the piece of wood into what he has in mind, and if it is not smooth as he wishes, he smoothens it to the desired state with some sandpaper. Jesus Christ is our carpenter and He has a picture of what He wants us to be as He works on us; however, every now and then, we exhibit certain behaviors which can hinder His ultimate plan, so He employs the sandpaper (a person or situation) to smoothen us out. The experience, however, is always painful as noted in today’s memory verse but it is for our own good. If a piece of wood being sandpaper could express itself, it would scream in pain, but the beauty of the outcome will make it worthwhile. Hebrews 12:6 clarifies this:
“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth…...”
When God wants to smoothen you out, He will put someone in your life as a piece of sandpaper, until you are well-polished. Your sandpaper could be your boss in the office or your pastor in Church. Despite their harshness, see the sandpaper in them. There is probably a behavior that God wants you to shed or acquire from working with the boss or pastor.
The most frequent piece of sandpaper I have seen God use on people is their spouse. He knows that you can resign in an office or leave a church, but your contract with your spouse is for life. So, He often uses our spouses to smoothen us out. The problem with most people however, is that instead of submitting to the process of change and becoming better, they choose to fight their spouses. It is no wonder many have remained on the one spot for very long. Yield to change. Listen to what your God-fearing spouse is trying to correct in your behavior- it is for your own good. If you allow yourselves to be smoothen by each other, you would advance fast in life and your home would be a better place to raise your children in. your latter years would also be more pleasurable.
KEY POINT:
The faster you let the sandpaper do its work, the better for you.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 38-40
HYMN 25: ROCK OF AGES, CLEFT FOR ME.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:00pm On Jan 25, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 26TH JANUARY, 2020.
THEME:: MAKE JESUS TREND.
MEMORISE:
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach to every creature. Mark 16:15
READ: Matthew 24:12-14 (KJV)
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
This present time is often called the digital age. The internet possesses great benefits, but it is also fast becoming a curse.
You can hardly visit the internet without a worldly picture popping up; they are either asking you to register on a dating site or advertising something with a half-naked woman.
It is probably not so harmful for mature Christians, but what of our children who visit this same internet regularly?
Less than fifteen years ago, we had magazines which were untouchable to children because of their explicit content, but today, the children have access to everything through their smart phones! May God protect our children from the perversion of this world in the mighty name of Jesus.
The internet allows everyone to voice what they believe in. The problem is not with the people putting such things on the internet, the problem is with Christians who are not putting Christians content there. Many Christians are into advertising, yet they champion advert campaigns with half-naked models.
In other words, they have been recruited by the devil to voice his own beliefs. If the children of the world are posing dirty things on the internet and you are joining them to do so, it is a shame.
On the other hand, if you have a social medial account and you are not posting godly messages, then you are handing the world over to the devil on a platter of gold. I wonder why we Christians can’t ensure that no one goes on the internet without something concerning Jesus popping up.
The devil is using the internet to corrupt our children; are you going to sit back and just watch? Won’t you fight for the spiritual sanity of our children? If there are five sets of explicit content on the internet, let us outmatch them with ten godly ones.
2nd Timothy 4:2 admonishes:
“…preach the word, be instant in season and out of season….”
ACTION POINT:
Use everything you have to present Jesus to the world.
AUTHOR: Pastor E.A. Adeboye , the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God,one of the largest evangelical
Churches in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer's Ministries.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 41-42,
HYMN: SING HYMN 28:
THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 27th JANUARY 2020.
THEME: THE WORD OR THE WORLD?
MEMORISE:
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. Colossians 3:16
READ: 1 John 2:14-17
14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
People are naturally influenced by what they constantly see or hear. Thus, every Christian is at the risk of being influenced by the world around them. This is why we must always remember that though we are in this world, we are not of it (John 15:19). Our major influence should be the word of God. Romans 12:2 states:
“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
The above passage warns us against being influenced by the world. It counsels that our minds must be constantly renewed so that we can do the will of God which is clearly written in His word.
How often do you read your Bible? If you don’t read your Bible at least in the morning and evening, it is likely that you are l ready being influenced by the world. This is because something you don’t interact with regularly cannot have more influence on you than that which you relate with frequently. You must read your Bible daily. You must also ensure that you memorize and meditate on the scripture daily.
Many Christians today live like the world around them: they hardly pray before making decisions, even though Proverbs 3:5-6 says you should not lean on your own understanding, but acknowledge Him in ALL your ways. They ignore the poor and hungry even through Matthew 25:45 says that not showing care for the hungry and destitute translates to not showing care for Christ. They walk around with high shoulders because of their leadership position or wealth, whereas our Master washed the feet of His disciples and even said whoever will lead amongst us must be the servant of everyone else. What really influences you- is it the word of God or the world? If the word of God has any influence on you, it would show in your lifestyle. You wouldn’t need to tell people that you are a Christian before they know that indeed you are a child of God.
REFLECTION:
What influences your daily decisions- is it the word of God or the world?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 43-45
HYMN 4: BLESSED ASSURANCE, JESUS IS MINE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY, 28TH JANUARY, 2020.
THEME: CRUSH THAT CRUSH I
MEMORISE:
But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites: 1st Kings 11:1
READ: 1st Kings 11:1-11 (KJV)
1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:
2 Of the nations concerning which the Lord said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father.
5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the Lord, and went not fully after the Lord, as did David his father.
7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
9 And the Lord was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the Lord God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the Lord commanded.
11 Wherefore the Lord said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.
We studied this topic in the Teenagers’ Open Heaven last year and I thought to discuss it with you this year because it is also relevant to many adults. A crush is a brief but intense infatuation for someone.
To the unmarried, I want to tell you that a crush is likely to crush you if you base your decision concerning whom to marry solely on your emotions.
It is often said that love is blind and this is very true. Samson had a crush on Delilah ( Judges 16:4-18). Oh, I wish he had crushed the crush so that he could see Delilah’s true character before he fell into her trap.
This is someone who sold him into captivity and ultimately his untimely death. If there is someone that you admire, before you jump into a relationship with the fellow, pray first. Study the fellow’s behaviour. After your hear from God yourself and get confirmations ( 2nd Corinthians 13:1), then you can involve your Pastor and commence courtship.
If you are not yet ready for marriage, then a crush is an agenda of the devil to distract you from your goals and to crush your destiny.
You had better crush that crush before it crushes you. 1st Corinthians 6:19 says:
“What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you….?”
The devil knows that any sexual sin is a sin against your body – the temple of God and once it is committed, that body ceases to be God’s temple, so he can now touch and destroy it.
Amnon – David’s heir apparent had a crush on his half-sister Tamar and instead of crushing it, he let it grow. He discussed it with the wrong person who gave him ungodly counsel that he acted on ( 2nd Samuel 13). He paid with his life and caused a deep rift in his family… all that crush grow and your entire life to gain if you crush it now.
KEY POINT:
Be wise and make the right decision; crush that crush now!
AUTHOR: Pastor E.A. Adeboye , the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of
God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 46-47,
HYMN 8: HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS FOR THE CLEANSING
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:53am On Jan 29, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 29th JANUARY 2020.
THEME: CRUSH THAT CRUSH II.
MEMORISE:
For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life. Proverbs 6:26
READ: Proverbs 6:23-29
23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
26 For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.
27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
29 So he that goeth in to his neighbour's wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.
Today, I will be focusing on the married. It is sad that many married people are still having crushes with persons apart from their spouses. If there is any fellow aside from your spouse you are admiring unduly, you must see such a person as the devil and get rid of them immediately. One of my sons once told me that he was always excited to resume in the office every Monday because he would get to see his secretary again. I told him to fire her immediately. Nothing and no one is worth your marriage.
What is a married woman doing on the phone with another man for countless minutes? Why would a married man be spending so much time with another man’s wife? Why would you prefer to discuss intimate issues with your “friend” of the opposite sex instead of your God-given spouse? Oh, you may say “I am not doing anything with the fellow; we are just friend.” That is exactly where it starts from. The devil knows you are a Christian and would not fall for someone just like that. So, he makes you become good friends with the fellow and before you know it, you would have fallen. May you not fall for any strategy of the devil in the mighty name of Jesus. If you have any friend that you talk to more than your spouse, break that friendship now. Proverbs 5:18 has this to say:
“Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.”
Spend more time with your spouse and make him/her your confidant. Exchange compliments. The reason many people have crushes outside their marriage is mostly due to a distance between the couple. They no longer communicate as they used to. When they talk, it is only on serious issues about the children or other family needs, instead of talking /gisting about just anything as they used to in the early days of their marriage. They no longer go out to fun places or take walks together except they are going for family functions. If there is no distance between yourself and your spouse, no crush can come between you.
KEY POINT:
No one should be closer to you or know more about you than your spouse.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 48-50
HYMN 3: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:34am On Jan 30, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 30th JANUARY 2020.
THEME: LOVE WHAT GOD LOVES.
MEMORISE:
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. I John 5:3
READ: I John 5:1-3
1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
There is a popular saying that the friend of my friend is my friend. If God is your friend, then you would love anyone or anything He loves. For example, God loves children. He likes having them around Him (Matthew 19:14) and He ensures that their angels stand face to face with Him (Matthew 18:10). I hope you love children too, because if you are always mean to children or you are indifferent when others are mean to them, then you cannot claim to love God.
So what are the things God loves? He loves fellowship. When Jesus was to start His ministry on earth, one of the first things He did was to appoint disciples to keep Him company (Mark 3:14-19). He said whenever two or three are gathered in His name, He will be present (Matthew 18:20). He loves it when we come together to fellowship. Are you excited when it is time to fellowship or are you reluctant to spend time with the brethren? One reason God loved David is found in Psalm 122:1:
“I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.”
He was always excited to attend Church meetings. Are you excited whenever it is time to go to Church? Are you one of those the Pastor has to follow-up closely before they are seen in Church? Make out time to enjoy fellowship with the brethren from today; God loves it.
God also loves all human beings dearly. He sent His only son to die for the world-not just the Jews or Christians alone. Some people forget that their house help is also amongst the people that Jesus came to die for so much that He died for him/her. Jesus said that the second greatest commandment after loving God is to love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:31). Have you seen people in the scenarios described in Matthew 25:42-43 and ignored them?
If you truly love God, then you would love people around you.
KEY POINT:
In Matthew 25:41-46, we see that people were thrown into hell simply because they did not love who God loves. Love everything and everyone He loves.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 1-3
HYMN 12: I AM THINE OH LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:51pm On Jan 30, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 31ST JANUARY 2020.
THEME: HATE WHAT GOD HATES.
MEMORISE:
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. Hebrews 1:9
READ: Proverbs 6:16-19
16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
You cannot claim to love what God loves and not hate what He hates. The Bible had made it easy for us to identify the things that God hates by listing them out in Proverbs 6:16-19:
“These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.”
Today we will only discuss two of the things God hates as seen in the passage above. The very first thing on the list is “a proud look.” God hates pride. James 4:6 says God resist the proud. In order words, if you are proud, forget about being a friend of God because He hates pride. But if you love Him, you too would hate pride. You would not raise your shoulders everywhere you go, you would not look down on others nor insist people call you by a title or greet you in a certain way.
The next thing on the list is “a lying tongue.” God hates lies. It amazes me when I see Christians lying and they’ll say it was a white lie. Do you think there is a section in heaven for those who tell white lies? The Bible says ALL liars shall have their part in the lake of fire (Revelations 21: 8 ). The white, black and multicolored liars are all going to hell because God hates lies. Stop telling lies. Jesus is called “the Truth“ (John 14:6), so anything like a lie is irritating to Him. On the other hand, the devil is the father and lord of lie (John 8:44).
Anyone who still tells lies no matter the color cannot claim to be a friend of God; the fellow is rather a child of the father of liars- the devil. Choose to become a child of God day.
KEY POINT:
God hates sin and if you love Him, you would also hate it.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 4-6
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 1ST FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: THE BLOOD OF JESUS I.
MEMORISE:
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin. 1 John 1:7
READ: Hebrews 9:11-14
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
The Blood of Jesus is the most powerful substance I know. I know how powerful it is because I have used it countless times and it has worked for me. The most important thing that the Blood of Jesus can do is wash away sins. Every sinner carries a burden of guilt. However, the moment the fellow surrenders his/her life to Christ, the Blood of Jesus washes away his/her sins. From that moment, the fellow is completely pure and none of his sins exists anymore. Isn’t that wonderful? If you are still carrying the burden of sin, I advise that you ask Him to cleanse you with His Blood today and you will experience great peace like never before.
Aside from washing away sins, the Blood of Jesus is also a potent weapon to overcome Satan. Revelation 12:11 says:
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony...”
Is Satan tormenting you in any area of your life? Just plead the Blood of Jesus on it and you will overcome him.
The greatest covenant anyone can enter into is a blood covenant. If it so happens that your forefathers have entered into a covenant with the devil and you noticed certain trends in your linage, the Blood of Jesus is the only thing that can break it. A long time ago in my family, one of our fathers impregnated his maid and his wife at the same time. While the wife was well-cared for after delivery, the maid, because of her status, was given food without oil-very dry and unappetizing, despite having delivered a son. The maid, hurt, placed a curse on the family and from that moment on, any child born and given anything with oil to eat died. The family found out and oil became forbidden for children in the home. Then I met Christ and His Blood overcame the ancestral curse in my family.
The Blood of Jesus is powerful enough to overcome Satan and all his demons.
PRAYER POINT:
I plead the Blood of Jesus on my linage and I use it to break every curse or evil covenant that exists in my family in the mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 7-9
HYMN 8: HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 2ND FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: THE BLOOD OF JESUS II.
MEMORISE:
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelation 12:11
READ: Exodus 12:1-13
And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt saying,
2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.
3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:
4 And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb.
5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:
6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.
7 And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it.
8 And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
9 Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.
10 And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire.
11 And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD's passover.
12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.
13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.
The Blood of Jesus is a very potent weapon in the hand of a believer; unfortunately, some don’t use it at all while others underutilize it, allowing the devil to take undue advantage.
“… and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.” Exodus 12:23
It is also a marker. In the verse above, God asked the Israelite to mark their door posts with the blood of a pure lamb, so when the angel of death sent to kill the first born of the Egyptians saw it, they would be spared. Jesus is our Lamb and His Blood is purer than that of any other. When it covers your life, the devil cannot touch you. I decree in the mighty name of Jesus: any evil coming your way this year will pass over once it sees the Blood of Jesus.
A couple once complained to me about the quarrels in their home. They lived alone, whenever either spouse kept money anywhere in the house, they would not find it, each time, both would deny ever taking the money. While we were talking, it occurred to me that the situation could be the devil’s manipulation, so I told them to cover their money with the Blood of Jesus when next they wanted to keep any in the house. I knew that when the devil came for the cash and saw the Blood, he would be unable to touch it. They obeyed and the money stopped vanishing in their home. All your possessions that the devil keeps touching are covered with the Blood of Jesus from now on.
Now that you know the power of the Blood, begin to use it effectively. Plead the Blood on everything that belongs to you so the devil will never be able to touch it again.
However, Jesus’ Blood is only potent in the hands of a believer. So, if you are still stained by sin, ask to be washed in it today. Only then can the Blood work mightily for you.
KEY POINT:
The Blood of Jesus is only potent in the hands of a believer.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 7-9
HYMN 15: IN CHRIST ALONE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
Am very sorry for not posting yesterday, God bless you all

DATE: MONDAY 3RD FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: LET YOUR MODRATION BE KNOWN 1
MEMORISE:
Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Philippians 4:5
READ: Deuteronomy 4: 23-24
23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.
24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
This generation is generally called the digital age because with a handheld device, you can connect with anyone in the world. This is actually very good but the concern is in such device taking total control of you. These days, many are so preoccupied with their phones that they do not have time for God and what matters to Him. For some, the first thing they pick when they wake in the morning is the phone and not the Bible. Others can spend one hour on social media yet cannot spend same studying God’s word or praying. This shows that such hearts are more drawn to the phone than God. Don’t give the devil the liberty to rob you of God’s blessing.
Are you not already giving a phone the place of God? Have you observed that the position many take when using a phone is such that their heads are bowed? (Exodus 34:14). Exodus 20:2-3 says:
“I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”
If you have to delete applications on your phone that you are addicted to, do so. If it will take you to place a Bible over your phone at night so when you reach out for the latter in the morning, it is the former you would pick instead, do so. Put measures in place to ensure you prioritize activities that will make you grow spiritually.
Many Christians now prefer electronic Bibles. However, with the Bible applications on the phones and tablets, there would be distractions from other applications on the device and the Spirit in the word of God cannot minister to a distracted mind. If you must use the electronic Bible, it would be best to go offline to cut off distractions from calls and messages. I play the audio Bible before I go to bed so that all night, God’s word is being read aloud in my room while I am sleeping. You can do so too.
REFLECTION:
Which one takes more of your time daily, you Bible or social media? If it is the later, repent and commit to amending your ways.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 13-15
HYMNAL: HYMN 2 – ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 4TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: LET YOUR MODRATION BE KNOWN II.
MEMORISE:
And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. Proverbs 23:2
READ: Proverbs 23:21
21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.
As much as food is necessary for humans to stay alive, it could also be the cause of untimely death for some. This is primarily because such people have refused to exercise moderation and care in their food intake. Today’s memory verse says you should control your appetite, exercise restraint even if it appears you may die by doing so. Don’t be like Esau who, because of hunger, in Genesis 25:32 claimed:
“Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?”
Listen: You will not die by exercising discipline on yourself. It is indiscipline that kills. Sometime ago, some rats were used for an experiment. They were put in two groups “A and B. the ones in the first group “A, were fed very well, thus they grew fresh and robust while the ones in group B were given fewer rations, so they were not as fat as those in the first group. After some time, all the rats were injected with the same measure of a disease. Those in group A died while those in B survived.
The researchers found a strong connection between overfeeding and the failure of the rats in group A to survive the disease. Watch the quantity of food you consume, especially when you are about to go to bed. It may be difficult at the start, but keep at it, your body will adjust.
Avoid junk and genetically modified food. As much as possible, reduce how often you take canned food. In fact, eating too much processed food has been linked with the development of cancer. It is best to eat organic fruits and vegetables as they are healthy. Grow some of your food if you can.
God is interested in your spiritual wellbeing but He is also very interested in your health. That is why He took care of sickness through the stripes on His body (Isaiah 53:5) before His crucifixion for your sins at Calvary. He needs you to take care of your body because the healthier you are, the more effective you will be in His service.
KEY POINT:
It is foolish to eat dangerously and expect to live in divine health.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 16-18
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:24pm On Feb 04, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 5TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: LET YOUR MODRATION BE KNOWN III.
MEMORISE:
We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check. James 3:2
READ: James 3:2-13
2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
In Isaiah 40:31, Christians who wait upon the Lord are compared to “an eagle” – often referred to as the “king of birds”. There are many kinds of birds; why did the Lord choose the eagle and not the parrot or some other kind for this illustration? The answer is not far-fetched. Several distinguishing factors set the eagle apart from the parrot and indeed other birds. While an eagle is big, strong and high flyer, parrot is weak and cannot fly as high. While one may enjoy the company of a parrot, when serious issues are to be discussed, it is usually shut out while “an eagle” is invited. Are you a parrot or an eagle?
The eagle does not talk much; it tends to act instead. It doesn’t move with a flock, like many people with gossip cliques today. Perhaps this is why it soars above storms- it has immense ability to use the storms to its advantage. How you use your mouth can determine if you will overcome a storm or be subdued by it. Watch it! Talk only when necessary.
He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction. Proverbs 13:3
Going by the above, the less likely you are to get into trouble and vice versa. Words are powerful, so be careful with them. You cannot retrieve any utterance. Matthew 12:36 says we shall be held accountable for every idle word we speak, so always think before you speak. You don’t have to response every time you are criticized. You don’t have to always say what’s on your mind. Bridle your tongue before it puts you in trouble.
Ask yourself: why do I talk too much? For some, it’s because they like noise and cannot stay quiet. Some want to impress; others talk to show they are good debaters and yet others, to display how current they are. If you talk too much, control your tongue or excuse yourself whenever you find yourself in such situations and soon enough, you will find yourself talking less and with moderation.
REFLECTION:
Be careful of what you say, when you say it, how you say it, where you say it and to whom you say it.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 19-21
HYMN 20: NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 6TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: HEAVENLY INVESTMENTS.
MEMORISE:
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. Matthew 13:44
READ: Matthew 6:19-21
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
The problem with some 21st Century Christians is that they do not know the value of heavenly investments, which yield dividends both in this life and eternally. This is unfortunate because they focus more on earthly investments and this is the exact opposite of our Lord’s injunction in our Bible text today. Earthly investments are prone to corruption. Jesus explains in the parable of the rich fool that choosing earthly investments over heavenly ones is not wise.
“...then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.” Luke 12:20-21
The Bible also says:
“Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.” Proverbs 23:5
A story was told of a young man who was attacked by hoodlums on his way home, the very night he gave his life to Jesus Christ. They asked him, “Your money or your life: which do you want to surrender?” To their amazement, the young man said “I am sorry; I do not have either of the two things you are asking for!” The gang leader, out of curiosity at the response of the young man asked “What do you mean you do not have life or money to surrender?” The young man replied “I am just coming from church where the pastor persuaded me to give my life to Christ and I did. At the end of the service, I was also asked to give my substance to God’s work and I emptied my pockets for the work of Jesus who saved me without any charge!” The leader said “I see, because you have amused me this evening, I will let you go, but next time, always remember to reserve something for us!” As funny as this story may sound, it carriers an eternal truth: Investing in the Kingdom of God is the best decision you can ever make as it yields both earthly and heavenly rewards.
CALL TO ACTION:
God bless you as you invest in His Kingdom.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 41-42
HYMN 2: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:34pm On Feb 06, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 7TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: GREAT FAITH.
MEMORISE:
And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? Mark 12:24
READ: Hebrews 11:1-13
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
Having faith means believing something that you are yet to see physically, so much so that you can feel it already. If you are hoping for a baby for example, faith is you hearing him/her cry; carrying and feeding him/her even when the baby has not manifested physically. Faith is the currency of operations in the spiritual realm which controls the physical; it is the greatest currency in the world. With faith, everything is possible (Mark 9:23).
However, there are different categories of faith. Some people have no faith at all. They believe in total impossibility and are consumed by fear. Some have little faith as Jesus pointed out in Matthew 6:30. These ones believe that impossibilities can be possible, but only for certain people like their Pastor or General Overseer. They don’t believe they also can work miracle.
However, there is faith as the grain of a mustard seed (Matthew 17:20). This faith, though small, can move mountains. It is the starting point for a man of faith. There is also great faith, according to Matthew 15:21-28. It is the kind that does not accept “No” for an answer, it is persistent. Not only does the fellow with great faith believe that all things are possible, he also endures even when manifestations are delayed. Your faith will become great in the mighty name of Jesus.
Faith comes by hearing *and hearing* by the word of God (Romans 10:17). The volume of His word in you determines your level of faith in Him. If your faith will increase, you must be addicted to God’s word. Meditate on it day and night. Season your words with the scriptures at all times (Deuteronomy 6:7-9).
When the word of God dwells richly in you, your faith will be great and nothing will be impossible to you.
KEY POINT:
Get addicted to your Bible and seek to always hear God’s voice.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 25-27
HYMN 4: BLESSED ASSURANCE, JESUS IS MINE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:28pm On Feb 07, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: MIRACLES ARE COMING.
MEMORISE:
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:23
READ: Mark 11:22-24
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
As we have seen from yesterday’s study, some Christians have little faith, and of course, they would not believe miracles can happen through them.
How I wish that the crowd at the Holy Ghost Services of the RCCG in Nigeria would have great faith to go out and start performing miracles. What a great revival that would bring! Jesus did not give the right to perform miracles to only a set of Christians, He said in Mark 16:17 that it is for believers.
“And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;”
Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that He came to die for our sins? Do you believe that He is coming back soon to take His children to Heaven? If your answer to both questions is ‘yes’, then you are a believer. Therefore, you are fully qualified to work miracles. Don’t be afraid, just go ahead and pray, then leave the rest to God.
A long time ago, when my faith was not as strong as it is today, whenever someone came to me for prayers, I would just pray and expect miracles to happen later. One day, a woman came for prayers with her child who was about ten years old and had been dumb from birth. As I began to pray “In the name of Jesus….” The child said “Amen”. I nearly jumped out of the window- I was that afraid. There I was, not expecting an immediate miracle but before I even prayed, it had happened.
Imagine if I had stopped praying after trying a few times without seeing any instant miracles. The truth is that no great ‘miracle evangelist’ was so from birth; rather, he/she continued praying for people even when the results were not obvious, then one day, the miracles started happening. If you are a true believer, the *power* to work wonders is already in your hands, just go ahead and pray. If you pray for one person and nothing happens, pray for the next. Just keep praying, the miracles are coming.
KEY POINT:
Don’t stop praying for people; your days of working miracles are closer than you think.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 28-29
HYMN 28: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 9TH FEBRUARY, 2020.
THEME:: JOY IS COMING.
MEMORISE:
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5
READ: 1st Peter 1:3-8 (KJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
Perhaps, the most sorrowful period of my life was when my wife was pregnant with our fourth child.
Before we met the Lord, we had three children, all delivered through cesarean sections.
We had decided not to have any more because the doctor said she couldn’t have a natural; delivery and further surgeries may not have been safe. We became born again and one day, we came across Luke 1:37 : “For with God, nothing shall be impossible.” These words gave us the assurance to have another baby.
Throughout the pregnancy, we didn’t see any doctor. Some of our friends were quite apprehensive. They said my wife could bleed to death during labour because she could rupture any of the three points where she had been sutured during her previous deliveries. I kept saying “No, that is not written in my Bible.”
On the delivery date, she laboured for several hours to no avail. Then the second and third day passed and the baby was still not born. I was becoming really tense.
On the third day, the devil whispered to me very clearly “Stupid man, you claim to have a PhD; fool, your wife is going to die tonight and you will see what her relatives will do to you.”
Suddenly, a holy anger rose up within me and I said
“Listen devil, if my wife dies tonight, I will seek permission the General Overseer to preach on Sunday, and the first thing I will say is there is nothing that my God cannot do.”
Immediately after, I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit strongly with me and I began to pray.
Not long after, I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit strongly with me and I began to pray. Not long after, I heard the cry of a baby. My wife was the only one at the maternity so it could only have been ours.
After a short while, my Father-in-the-Lord, who had been with us all through, came out of the maternity and told me, “Baba aburo (father of a new-born), go and say hello to your wife.” My joy knew no bounds.
Indeed, weeping may endure for a night, but joy surely will come in the morning ( Psalm 30:5 ).
Dear reader, hold on to the word of God, keep confessing it, shut the devil up in times of discouragement and very soon your joy will become full in the mighty name of Jesus.
KEY POINT:
Do not despair. Hold fast to the word of God, your joy will surely come.
AUTHOR: Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God , one of the largest evangelical
Churches in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer's Ministries.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 30-32,
HYMN 21 – NOW THANK WE ALL OUR GOD
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 10TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: THE POWER OF TETIMONIES.
MEMORISE:
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Revelation 12:11
READ: Luke 17:12-19
12 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
13 And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
16 And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
17 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
18 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
Testimonies are very powerful. Revelation 12:11 confirms that the devil can be overcome by the word of our testimony. That is how important it is.
When it is testimony time, some people say to themselves “Let others mount the podium; I am too big for that.” Have you observed that those who frequently share testimonies always have new ones? This is because when you talk about what God has done in the past, He will be compelled to do more.
A testimony is a weapon of warfare. 2 Chronicles 20:1-30 shows this clearly. King Jehoshaphat knew how to give testimonies. Three different armies had gathered to destroy him, so he began to testify; God are You not the One who did this? Are You not the One who did that? The God told him there was no need to fight that battle. Jehoshaphat and his people only had to sing and God destroyed these armies for them.
David was another man who knew how to give testimonies. There was nothing God did for David that he kept quiet about. This is perhaps why Israel won all their battles during his reign and has remained to date the greatest king Israel ever had. In fact, his testimonies are all over the book of Psalms. He said in Psalm 103:2:
“Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:”
There is a lot to gain from sharing testimonies and a lot to lose from keeping God’s wonderous works to oneself. Have you been hiding your testimonies? Why not start relaying your testimony at every opportunity you have, even if it is with just one person and see what God will do in your life.
Some people say I love telling stories; the reality is that I actually just love bragging about what my God can do. I have noticed that the more of His great wonders I share, the more He does in my life. Share your testimony today and you will begin to experience more wonderous blessings from God.
KEY POINT:
Your testimony is a great weapon; start using it from today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 33-35
HYMN 3: BE GLAD IN THE LORD AND REJOICE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:18pm On Feb 10, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: THE BELOVED I.
MEMORISE:
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. Hebrews 12:6
READ: Hebrews 12:6-11
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
There are so many benefits attached to being the beloved of the Most High God, even to the point of enjoying sound sleep.
“…….. for so he giveth his beloved sleep.” Psalm 127:2
For every benefit though, there would be an attendant cost and yes, it is costly to be God’s favorite. Firstly, God chastens His own. What others could get away with would result in chastening and discipline for God’s beloved, should he/she attempt same.
A long time ago, when construction measurements were typically done in feet, I hired a man to do some work on the campground. However, instead of measuring in feet, he measured in meters. The Holy Spirit told me twice to correct him, but I refused, thinking “As a professional, he should know the difference between feet and meters; since he doesn’t know, let him suffer for it.” After he was done, one of his workmen offered me a handshake. The man was huge and his hand felt like iron. The pain shot straight to my brain. I turned to God and asked “Lord why?” He said “I told you to correct his boss but you refused.” Ah, but this punishment is too much for the offence” I grumbled. His response was “You are special to me, so I cannot take any nonsense from you.” If you want to be the beloved of God, then you must obey Him totally and adjust immediately when He chastens you.
Secondly, God sends His beloved on special assignments which are sometimes dangerous. When Goliath was to be killed, He sent David. When He needed to redeem mankind, He sent His only Son, Jesus. This is because He has put so much in them that He knows they will not disappoint Him.
For every successful mission God’s special children embark upon, He gives special rewards to them, just like Jesus was given a name that is above every other. Do you want to be the beloved of Jesus? If yes, get yourself ready for special chastisements, assignments and rewards!
REFLECTION:
Has God been chastising you about something for which you have refused to change? Adjust your ways.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 36-38
HYMN 3: BE GLAD IN THE LORD AND REJOICE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:37am On Feb 12, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: THE BELOVED II.
MEMORISE:
And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice. Genesis 22:18
READ: Genesis 22:11-18
11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
Blessings are in level. It could be general or special. God causes the rain to fall on both the good and evil; He makes air available to everybody. These are general blessings. But He can also reserve special blessings- the greatest of them, for His beloved.
In order not to be seen as a partial, He puts up His beloved for great blessings and then leaves them to take critical decisions. Elijah asked the widow of Zarephath to surrender her last meal to him, and after she did, God blessed her with an unending supply of food. If anyone should ask God in future, “why did you send Elijah to that widow of all the widows in the land?” He would turn to them and ask, “Can you surrender your last meal?”
When He loves you, He will put you in line for irreversible blessings by asking you for a serious sacrifice. The moment you do it, He will bless you greatly. In Genesis 22:1-18, God told Abraham to sacrifice his son to Him, but as soon as he lifted the knife to kill the boy, God stopped him and swore by Himself saying “In blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies.”
Generally, God’s favorite will not lack any good thing. David, the man after God’s heart said confidently “The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1).when God loves you, He will ensure that all your needs are supplied even before you make a request and if you want more, He will give you in abundance. In 2 Samuel 12:8, He told David:
“And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.”
If you would obey Him absolutely from now on, God will put you in line for an irreversible blessing in the mighty name of Jesus.
KEY POINT:
God’s beloved would never lack any good thing.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 39-40
HYMN 5: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 13TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: THE BELOVED III.
MEMORISE:
Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved. John 13:23
READ: John 13:21-26
21 When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
22 Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake.
23 Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.
24 Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.
25 He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?
26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
Jesus likes to be in the company of His co-laborers. Like we saw in His earthly ministry, at a time He was with “the five hundred”, then with “the seventy”, followed by “the twelve”, then ‘the three’, and finally ‘the one beloved’.
Imagine being a beloved in God’s company; you would be able to safely rest on His chest (John 13:23-26) and feel His heartbeat. You would hear secrets He won’t reveal to others.
“ He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.” Psalm 103:7
If there is going to be only one beloved of God in my generation, it must be me. I know I am God’s beloved because once in a while, He tells me secrets. He can tell you too, you only have to rest your head on His chest first.
He can’t trust you with His secret if all you do is offer hasty prayers to Him rather than getting lost in His presence for hours every day.
The one who will receive special revelations from God must rest on His bosom daily. When by God’s grace, I announce the prophesies at the beginning of a new year, it is because I have spent time resting my head on the chest of my Master. Such revelations don’t come during five minutes prayers, they come with extended fellowship with God. During the Holy Ghost service, when by the inspiration of God, I say “There is someone here….” It is because I have shut myself in, fasting and praying, spending time on the chest of my Master for days before the programme.
If your head is just by the chest of the Master, you would have noticed that his heart is beating for souls. He is seriously looking for laborers who will win souls for Him. You can’t be His beloved and not talk to someone about Christ at every opportunity you have. If you want to become a beloved of God start behaving like one right away.
REFLECTION:
If you claim to be His beloved, where are the souls you have won for Him?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 1-4
HYMN 7: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2020

DATE: FRIDAY 14TH FEBRUARY 2020.

THEME: PRAYERS FOR MARRIAGES.

MEMORISE:

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

READ: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

9 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.

10 For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.

11 Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?

12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

PRAYERS

1. Father, thank You for instituting marriage, thank You for giving me such a wonderful spouse. I adore You for making us meet each other and get married.

2. Father, make me a better husband/wife to my wife/husband.

3. Father, let the purpose for which You brought us together come to pass.

4. Father, give us as a couple wisdom to raise a godly family.

5. Father, provide for all the needs of my family (mention the needs).

6. Father, every generational curse- either from my linage or from my spouse’, destroy it today in the mighty name of Jesus.

7. Father, give us as a couple long lives. Don’t let us die young; let us fulfil Your purpose for our lives.

8. Husband: “Father, help me to love my wife like You love the Church.”
Wife: “Father, help me to submit to my husband as my head.”

9. Father, let every force breaking marriages fail over my marriage.

10. Father, wherever my spouse is weak, give me strength to lift him/her.

11. Father, make my marriage a godly model for other marriages to follow in the mighty name of Jesus.

12. Special prayer request for your marriage.

I stand with you in agreement today and pray that God will grant your request in the mighty name of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:

Lord, please help us as a couple to love You more and more with each passing day.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 5-7

HYMN 22: OH LORD MY GOD!.

1. O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Chorus:
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

2. When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

3. And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on a Cross, my burdens gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

4. When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 16TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: NO LONGER A MISTAKE.
MEMORISE:
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 2 Timothy 2:19
READ: 2 Peter 2:20-22
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Indeed, I was puzzled when I first saw David described as a man after God’s heart. This was someone who had committed grave sins that made God angry. How could he then be a man after God’s heart? When I studied about David, I realized that he never repeated the same offence. Every time he offended God, he would become very sorrowful, genuinely repent and completely stay off that offense forever.
Once, he counted the Israelites when he shouldn’t have and God was angry with him. David repented and never did so again. Another time, he stayed back from war when kings were to be at the warfront. In his idleness, he slept with another man’s wife and to cover his tracks, killed him. The moment God confronted him, with his sin, he became repentant and never missed any war again until he was old and weak. David was a man after God’s heart because he never repeated the same mistake. Today, unlike David, many Christians have made a habit of repeating mistakes. They commit a sin, ask for forgiveness, and days later, return to it. When the Pastor ask why they keep backsliding, they claim they cannot help it. God is not mocked. No one can be tempted beyond their capacity to resist (1 Corinthians 10:13).
If you truly resolve in your heart not to commit sin against, you would not. You don’t want to commit fornication anymore, yet you keep staying alone in an enclosed place with the opposite sex. You don’t want to steal the money kept in your care by the organization again, yet you count it alone without a witness. Don’t fool yourself, if you came across a rabid dog and managed escape, wouldn’t you take an alternative route next time.
“Abstain from all appearance of evil.” 1 Thessalonians 5:22
Once you can recognize anything that could lead to evil, the Lord says flee! Don’t join the multitude to commit sin. If it happened once, repent and forsake it. Don’t let it happen again.
ACTION POINT:
Make a list of those things that often make you sin and begin to avoid them from today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 11-13
HYMN 12: I AM THINE O LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 15TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: QUESTIONING GOD?
MEMORISE:
Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9
READ: John 11:20-33
20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
28 And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.
29 As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.
30 Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.
31 The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.
32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.
I am always surprised when I see people question God. Usually, they ask “Why me?”
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased. Psalm 115:3
God id sovereign, He does as He pleases. If the kings of small towns or villages in Yorubaland could be called ‘kabio o si’, which means ‘None can question you’, how much more the King of the entire Universe- the One who laid the foundations of the earth and created all thing? It is a complete insult to question God.
One man who questioned God in the Bible is Job. He had suffered a lot: he lost his children and all his wealth in a day. To make matters worse, incurable diseases showed up on his body and even his wife turned against him. It is strange that all these happened to him despite God testifying that he was a perfect and upright man (Job 1:cool. It was so frustrating for him that his questions occupy several chapters in the book of Job. You may think his actions could be justified given all he had been through but God didn’t take it lightly. Like He is keeping quiet for most of the people questioning Him now, God didn’t say anything to Job until chapter 38. By the time He was through with His response, it was Job’s turn to keep quiet. He was dumbfounded and afraid, realizing the might of the One he had been questioning all along.
God is not your peer- stop questioning Him. He can see what you are going through and He cares. Instead of questioning Him, why not go to Him in prayer and supplication? In our Bible reading today, you will observe that neither Mary nor Martha queried Jesus in spite of their anguish. Rather, they worshipped and honored Him. Little wonder Jesus responded to their tears with compassion and raised their brother from death. He cannot ignore the tears of His children. Cry to Him for help. Ask Him for a way out of the situation, call other believers to pray with you, and you will begin to see changes in your situation.
KEY POINT:
Questioning God is only a waste of time and an insult to the Most High.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 8-10
HYMN 1: ALL HAIL THE POWER.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:14pm On Feb 16, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 17TH FEBRUARY 2020
THEME: THE POWER OF YOUR WORDS
MEMORISE:
Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong. Joel 3:10
READ: 2 Kings 4:18-37
4:18 And when the child was grown, it fell on a day, that he went out to his father to the reapers.
4:19 And he said unto his father, My head, my head. And he said to a lad, Carry him to his mother.
4:20 And when he had taken him, and brought him to his mother, he sat on her knees till noon, and then died.
4:21 And she went up, and laid him on the bed of the man of God, and shut the door upon him, and went out.
4:22 And she called unto her husband, and said, Send me, I pray thee, one of the young men, and one of the asses, that I may run to the man of God, and come again.
4:23 And he said, Wherefore wilt thou go to him to day? it is neither new moon, nor sabbath. And she said, It shall be well.
4:24 Then she saddled an ass, and said to her servant, Drive, and go forward; slack not thy riding for me, except I bid thee.
4:25 So she went and came unto the man of God to mount Carmel. And it came to pass, when the man of God saw her afar off, that he said to Gehazi his servant, Behold, yonder is that Shunammite:
4:26 Run now, I pray thee, to meet her, and say unto her, Is it well with thee? is it well with thy husband? is it well with the child? And she answered, It is well.
4:27 And when she came to the man of God to the hill, she caught him by the feet: but Gehazi came near to thrust her away. And the man of God said, Let her alone; for her soul is vexed within her: and the LORD hath hid it from me, and hath not told me.
4:28 Then she said, Did I desire a son of my lord? did I not say, Do not deceive me?
4:29 Then he said to Gehazi, Gird up thy loins, and take my staff in thine hand, and go thy way: if thou meet any man, salute him not; and if any salute thee, answer him not again: and lay my staff upon the face of the child.
4:30 And the mother of the child said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. And he arose, and followed her.
4:31 And Gehazi passed on before them, and laid the staff upon the face of the child; but there was neither voice, nor hearing. Wherefore he went again to meet him, and told him, saying, The child is not awaked.
4:32 And when Elisha was come into the house, behold, the child was dead, and laid upon his bed.
4:33 He went in therefore, and shut the door upon them twain, and prayed unto the LORD.
4:34 And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and he stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm.
4:35 Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.
4:36 And he called Gehazi, and said, Call this Shunammite. So he called her. And when she was come in unto him, he said, Take up thy son.
4:37 Then she went in, and fell at his feet, and bowed herself to the ground, and took up her son, and went out.
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."
Proverbs 18:21
Your tongue is the most powerful part of your body. According to the Bible verse above, it can kill and as well bring to life. This is why you must be very careful how you use it. Many people don't realise how powerful the tongue is, so they kill things that should be alive in their lives and resurrect what should be dead. From now on, don't say you are poor; confess wealth. Stop saying you are sick; say you are healed. Don't speak evil about your country; speak good only. Speak positively into the lives of your children while you reject negative things. Don't refer to them as disobedient; call them obedient. Don't call them liars, thieves or prostitute; rather, always use positive words to describe them. What you say activates spirits to function; don't activate the wrong spirits in your children just because you want them to feel hurt or remorseful. Speak exactly what you want into their lives; it may be difficult, but it is worth it.
Aside from speaking into a child's life or situation, you also need to start speaking into the atmosphere. There may be no situation that you want to change with your tongue at the moment, but you can just begin to say that you and your children God has given you will live long and serve Him for the rest of your lives. You could say though a thousand may fall on your left and ten thousand on your right, not a strand of your hair will be hurt. You could also say that you will be the head and never the tail. Confess always that your tomorrow will be alright. Take a cue from the Shunamite woman in our Bible reading today. She told her husband "it shall be well" and it indeed was well with them.
Make it a habit to consistently use your tongue to speak what you want daily. Soon enough, you will see your life turn around for good and to God's glory.
ACTION POINT:
Begin to speak positive words into your life, your children's lives and every situation around you from today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Leviticus 14-15
HYMN 7: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 18TH FEBRUARY, 2020.
THEME: HOSPITALITY: A DUTY FOR ALL CHRISTIANS.
MEMORISE:
Use hospitality one to another without grudging. – (1 Peter 4:9)
READ: 1 PETER 4:9-10 (KJV).
9. Use hospitality one to another without grudging.
10. As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
The central message of Christianity is love, so much when Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment was, He answered:
“. ..thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. ”
– Matthew 22:37-40.
Hospitality is the duty of every Christian and in fact should be our way of life.
See every encounter you have with people as an opportunity to show forth the love of God. Help people.
You should never be rude or unaccommodating to anyone. God expects you to be hospitable to anyone you come across.
In Genesis 18:17, God who says He wouldn’t do anything without first telling His friend Abraham did not send angels to him directly.
He only asked them to take the route through Abraham’s house at the time he would be outside.
He expected that Abraham would call the angels in and host them. Being a true child of God, he did not disappoint his Father.
Imagine, he hosted angels! (Genesis 18:1-16)
Many Christians have missed their blessings because they were not as hospitable as they should have been.
That sweaty fellow you did not offer a bottle of water could have been the key to your prayers being answered.
Many of us are hospitable to our guests, which is good, but we can actually do better.
Have you considered the widow on your street, the beggar on your way home and other disadvantaged people around you?
I must add that hospitality is not limited to giving out material things.
It could also be shown through warmth and friendliness to people – a word of encouragement or just a smile.
From today, decide to be a true Christian and be hospitable to everyone you come across. God will bless you for it.
kEY POINT:
God wants you to be hospitable; don’t disappoint Him.
AUTHOR: PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: LEVITICUS 16-18.
HYMN 20: NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 19TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: RESPOND WITH LOVE.
MEMORISE:
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1
READ: 1 Corinthians 13:2
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
*"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;”* Matthew 5:44
As Christians we are called to a lifestyle of love- unconditional love even towards enemies and unfriendly people.
Some years ago, I went to see a man in his office and although he knew I had arrived, he kept me waiting. He probably thought I would get angry and leave, but I waited patiently. Finally, after several hours, he came in to attend to me and met me smiling. He found it hard to believe. “You waited?” He asked and I responded “Yes sir.” Immediately, his previously unfriendly countenance towards me changed. Today, that ‘unfriendly’ man has a house in Redemption Camp. Responding with love to those who wrong you will confuse and win them over to your side.
Have people been hurting you with their words and actions? From now on, smile and do good to them. Is anyone persecuting you because you are a Christian? Why not pray for them to have an encounter with Christ, so they can change? When you report with love to those who hate you, some may see you as a fool and try to advise you otherwise. Ignore them and obey the counsel of Jesus because 1 Corinthians 1:25 says *“…..the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.”*
Don’t abuse or insult anybody, your words should be seasoned with salt (Colossians 4:6). Don’t try to avenge yourself because vengeance is of God and not man (Romans 12:19). Don’t pray for your persecutors to die because God is not interested in the death of a sinner (Ezekiel 18:23, 32). No matter what you are going through in the hands of anyone, always respond in love. By doing so, you will save yourself and the person too and this is the will of God.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, give me the grace to respond in love to all those who hurt me.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 19-21
HYMN 29: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 20TH FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: THE EFFICACY OF PRAYER.
MEMORISE:
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16
READ: Mark 11:24
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
There is a mistake to some children and enemies of God- they underrate the efficacy of prayer. Prayer is the control tool in the spiritual realm. While it may appear that nothing is happening in the physical, the truth is things are shaping up in the spiritual.
Someone could argue that prayer does not put food on the table, but that’s not true. Sometimes ago, one of my spiritual daughters abroad delivered a set of twins. Unfortunately, not long after, they lost their means of livelihood and life became very difficult. One day, there was nothing to eat and the husband was not home. So, the woman resorted to praying, and petting the twins who were crying in hunger.
Meanwhile, a Christian group in the neighborhood was evangelizing from door-to-door. According to their schedule, they had finished for the day, but the leader of the group said “Let us go to one more house.” Incidentally, they went to my daughter’s house. When he had finished preaching. She apologized for not having offered him anything to drink, because there was nothing at home. He was surprised. He asked for her husband and she explained that he had no means of income but was out of the house at the moment. Immediately, the evangelist left for the supermarket to get food for the family and their babies. When he returned, he asked my daughter to tell her husband to see him in the office the next day. The husband went and got a new job. Imagine if my daughter had not prayed; the family could have gone hungry that night and their condition may have persisted.
Prayer does not give you the liberty to stop working and working does not mean you should stop praying. It simply makes your work fruitful. Instead of excessive worrying, get on your knees and pray. Before you talk to that person you think can help, talk to God.
“Pray without ceasing.” 1Thessalonians 5:17
Pray always. When you do so, nothing will be impossible for you to achieve.
KEY POINT:
God answer prayers and He will answer yours in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 22-23
HYMN 24: PASS ME NOT, O GENTLE SAVIOR.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 21ST FEBRUARY 2020.
THEME: BE UNTOUCHABLE.
MEMORISE:
Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm. 1Chronicles 16:22
READ: Job 1:10
10. Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
In the spirit realm, certain people are termed ‘untouchable.’ These ones have a wall of fire around them that make them too hot to be touched- even by the devil. The moment you become a child of God; you have access to this group.
Some Christians have once been secure, but somehow the devil seems to be touching them now. If you are in this category, it could be that God deliberately allowed the devil or you have backslidden and exposed yourself to danger. Job was untouchable until God permitted the devil. He was untouchable because he lived a holy life and prayed regularly.
If you are still telling ‘small lies’, the devil will not need permission from God before he touches you because he is the father of lies (John 8:44). In Joshua 24:9, King Balak invited Balaam to curse the people of Israel, but instead of curses, blessings came forth. They were untouchable by the plagues until they fell in the hands of beautiful ladies who seduced them into sin thereafter.
“Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.” Numbers 31:16
If you would not be vulnerable, you must have no business with the devil. Check your prayer life. A prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian. Each day without prayer makes one cold and the devil will be waiting until such a person has grown cold enough so he can touch him/her. That is why the devil tries to dampen the prayer life of an individual he hasn’t been permitted to touch.
When you become too busy to pray as you used to, watch out! That is the Devil trying to make you vulnerable so he can touch you, never let your prayer life get cold. May you receive divine help in the mighty name of Jesus.
KEY POINT:
The devil cannot touch you when are hot for God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 24-25
HYMN 23: ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? / Karma And Curses / Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 280
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.