Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Things A Female Should Never Do For Love - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things A Female Should Never Do For Love (33769 Views)

Neglect Of Male Child Rape/molestation By a Female Adult / My Wife Saw A Female Unclad Pics On My Ipad / 24 Things A Mum Teaches Her Daughter Before Marriage!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by mountain2019: 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
Abeg oo! Dat nö 6. Woman shld go 4 borrowing. People pity them pass men.
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
crowns2:
Sadly I am going through hurt and pain now. Always have it at the back of you mind that a man can change cry cry cry cry

Go to the marital advise thread
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
ALAYORMII:
Never send ur nu..des to a guy.

This should have been my number 2, how did I forget?
It is the most foolish thing anyone can do,not even to a husband
Once you send it you can't recall it
You have made yourself a slave to the receiver and whoever comes in possession of that device
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by freecocoa(f): 8:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
babyosisi:

There were about 7 points on the thread and you choose to focus on one for the purposes of criticism,neglecting the context or the other 6?
You are fasting become an expert in making a scripture a sermon
Tsk tsk tsk
It seems you have a problem with people disagreeing with you.

Why does my focusing on one of the point have to be an issue? I agree with the other points that's why I didn't focus on them and pointed out the one I don't agree with.

I don't see how the context of the others is supposed to affect the point I focused on, those points are pretty much independent of one another.

Lol @ sermon, and you are the one with a gazillion threads on pretty much the same topics, phuleeaasee.cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
freecocoa:

Why does my focusing on one of the point have to be an issue? I agree with the other points that's why I didn't focus on them and pointed out the one I don't agree with.

I don't see how the context of the others is supposed to affect the point I focused on, those points are pretty much independent of one another.

Lol @ sermon, and you are the one with a gazillion threads on pretty much the same topics, phuleeaasee.cheesy

And you are in every one of them
Hahahahaha grin grin grin
Anyway

3 Likes

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
Gosh
So one can't modify a post once it hits FP?

The point about sending nudie picture is very important,wish I could insert it there
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by freecocoa(f): 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
babyosisi:

And you are in every one of them
Hahahahaha
Anyway
So you should know better than to point fingers.

2 Likes

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
mountain2019:
Abeg oo! Dat nö 6. Woman shld go 4 borrowing. People pity them pass men.

Do you know majority of women who go to prayer houses to look for the "fruit of the womb" sleep with the prophets and you expect a woman going to beg for money from men won't be doing same?
You think they will come and say how it was gotten?
Think again
No reasonable man should put their wife in such a position.
If the man feels people will be more sympathetic to her the man should go with her then
Simple
Never send her to go a begging

1 Like

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Setaje(f): 8:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
freecocoa:

kiss
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2015
More

Don't change the core values of who you are and the essence of your being for the sake of love
You are your very best when you are who you truly are
Love shouldn't make you lose yourself
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by freecocoa(f): 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
Babyosisi you don't have to modify your posts to me, well you actually can do whatever you like with them but just know that, it's not a must to agree with you so don't get itchy when I don't, no one has the monopoly of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by mart2k(m): 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
babyosisi:

I personally don't see anything wrong with this.A respected familander some Christmases ago happily announced her lovely Christmas gift and we were happy for her.maybe I am just thinking about the crew of women I call my friends.If we can talk deep things and advise each other on very important life altering issues,telling them I am going to be spending a weekend at the Waldorf Astoria or them telling me their hubby just gave them 5k for Christmas or landed them a diamond rock on their finger is a piece of cake.it actually shows the man in a good light IMHO
and u think they are hapi hearing it? hmmm, u dnt understand this life yet. Those smiles are fake o, u better believe me. had it been u can c tru their minds n c wat they were thinking, u wl b afraid to make such mistake again. D point m trying 2 make is that,not all ur friends that u share ur success story with wl b hapi 2 hear it. D problem now is how 2 know those that ar not hapi wit d story. I op u know d damage they cn cause. so, its advisable 2 keep ur success story 2 ursef especially if u cnt separate ur enemies from ur friends.
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
mart2k:
and u think they are hapi hearing it? hmmm, u dnt understand this life yet. Those smiles are fake o, u better believe me. had it been u can c tru their minds n c wat they were thinking, u wl b afraid to make such mistake again. D point m trying 2 make is that,not all ur friends that u share ur success story with wl b hapi 2 hear it. D problem now is how 2 know those that ar not hapi wit d story. I op u know d damage they cn cause. so, its advisable 2 keep ur success story 2 ursef especially if u cnt separate ur enemies from ur friends.

Why are you folks so negative and why do you care so much about the bad side of things .
If you don't know your friends then do what pleases you
I know mine
Not afraid to share good stories with friends
I can stand up in a congregation of people I hardly know to share a testimony and I can't share good stories with friends?
Hmm
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
Be back in some hours
Hold the fort y'all wink wink
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by mart2k(m): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
greatgod2012:

not all friends have good heart, besides, you only know those who you truly and genuinely love and you don't know those who truly and genuinely love you among them. So, it's better to thread carefully among the so-called friends.
May God help us all.
you have just won a kiss from me....open ya bluetooth, am sending it over .
uar very right, miss. I told her same thing. it seems u n I ar thinking dsame way
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by mart2k(m): 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
babyosisi:

Why are you folks so negative and why do you care so much about the bad side of things .
If you don't know your friends then do what pleases you
I know mine
Not afraid to share good stories with friends
I can stand up in a congregation of people I hardly know to share a testimony and I can't share good stories with friends?
Hmm
you ar right to some extent just because u v not fall a victim b4. but lemme also remind u dat ur enemies ar those close to u not those that ar far from u. so, I c no danger sharing ur success story in d midst of people u dnt know, its better n safer.
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by xklassic: 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
babyosisi:

More

Don't change the core values of who you are and the essence of your being for the sake of love
You are your very best when you are who you truly are
Love shouldn't make you lose yourself
. This hits me so much. Thanks ma'am, it came at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by synergycom19: 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
Women don't even know the meaning of love
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Amuga(f): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2015
EcoTerror:
I'm scared of dating girls that talks a lot, the moment I find out my system shuts down.
hahahaha.. Running mouth ladies
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by suptol(m): 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
She should Leave love alone grin
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by EcoTerror: 11:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
Amuga post=31 899706:
hahahaha.. Running mouth ladies
which category do you fall in; extrovert or intrvert?
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 22, 2015
How come nobody has a problem with the one before the last?
About letting family members know about challenges?

I do not agree with it at all, same way I don't agree with the last

That is how a beautiful pharmacist was killed and her relatives said they had no inkling she was going thru hell...and about the man who was going thru hell cos his wife was constantly humiliating him by hopping off with men, to sleep with them and taunt him about it, cos he was broke
As a matter of fact, it would kill me to know that any of my siblings was having big issues and felt they could not share it with me, and other family members
what are we blood for?

And as for the spouse getting evil eyes...oh yes, he or she would...to make them sit up and behave or else...
I am that ferocious, lol
I honestly do not agree with that bit too...I agree with all but the last two bits....strongly disagree actually
I do not want that Bible quote about "a man leaving his family...and two become one, etc"
Thanks
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by ALAYORMII: 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2015
babyosisi:

This should have been my number 2, how did I forget?
It is the most foolish thing anyone can do,not even to a husband
Once you send it you can't recall it
You have made yourself a slave to the receiver and whoever comes in possession of that device

Some gurls never listens
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Edusouls(m): 11:50pm On Mar 22, 2015
babyosisi:
Drop out of school to marry
Never never never do that
Marriage is not the zenith of life but the beginning of a new phase.Going in without the ability to provide is not advised.This message is particularly relevant to the ones marrying men overseas,I have seen that happen,the papers come through and you abandon your education to go to Obodo Oyibo.It is a foolish thing to do,many have regretted it.A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Bad mouth your family to your fiancé/husband
If you have already done so,don't beat yourself up.Learn from it,marriage sometimes can be like a law court,whatever you say can be used against you when you least expect it.Apply wisdom.even if your parents hate your husband or fiancé with a passion,don't reveal the extent or relay their words verbatim.You may eventually marry him but the man will never forget how they felt about him and the painful things they said.

Share secrets of your friends with your man
There is a code of friendship that cannot be broken.If a friend for instance has confided in you with certain deep secrets that will show her in a bad light,please keep it to yourself,including certain utterances that are unwholesome,don't share.there are some things you must take to your grave.I learned this the hard way.I had a friend that was fond of talking ill of Nigerian men and I shared those stories years ago,my husband remembers it till this day and doesn't like her much for that.

Compare your situation with that of others even in light hearted humor
When you compare your household with that of others,you are basically telling the man he is not man enough.Be content with what you have and strive together towards doing better.Many young marriages go through strain especially financial strains.Be patient and hope and pray for a better tomorrow,the earnings usually increase as the years go by.

Tell your family details of your marital challenges
Very common with young marriages especially for people from a close knit family.Unless your life is in danger,shut your mouth.If you must unburden your heart,find a trusted friend,your pastor's wife,a deaconess in church, a wise auntie,anyone but your mom and siblings.They will never forget the stories you told them and will always view your husband through those prisms long after the issues have been resolved.A third party non relative is preferred.

Go sourcing monetary help for the family
Allow the man to do it.you put yourself in vulnerable positions as a female by going out to beg or borrow money for the family if such need arises.Don't take on the role of a rescuer in the marriage.There are some things you should allow the man take the lead in and this is one of them.

Please add some more
so many crooked rules,and hidden acts that women alwaxs beleive it will work for them, no sincererity or honesty, thats why marriages fail rapidly nowadays, becos it is built on lies and cunny ways.

1 Like

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 23, 2015
Thank God i'm not gonna marry
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 23, 2015
xklassic:
. This hits me so much. Thanks ma'am, it came at the right time.

Maybe the thread was for you
Glad the words helped
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Kakagiwa(f): 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
Can she tell him some bad habit of his friends dat she knows but he might probably not know

1 Like

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
milychocs:
That is how a beautiful pharmacist was killed and her relatives said they had no inkling she was going thru hell...and about the man who was going thru hell cos his wife was constantly humiliating him by hopping of with men, to sleep with them and taunt him about it, cos he was broke
As a matter of fact, it would kill me to know that any of my siblings was having big issues and felt they could not share it with me, and other family members
what are we blood for?
And as for the spouse getting evil eyes...oh yes, he or she would...to make them sit up and behave or else...
I am that ferocious, lol
I honestly do not agree with that bit too...I agree with all but the last two bits....strongly disagree actually
I do not want that Bible quote about "a man leaving his family...and two become one, etc"
Thanks

Milychocs I am with you on this.

Recently I found out one of my sister's was having a bad time in her marriage I heard from one of her neighbours, in fact that neighbour could tell me practically everything going on in my own sister's house courtesy of the maid who works with my sister and constantly talks about the affairs in my sister's house.

I was so mad and my blood boiled over at the stories I heard, my rage came from the fact that someone I grew up with and lived with 30+ years of my life was being disrespected by her husband in a really bad way. Blood truly is thicker than water, there is a bond between siblings and parents that lasts a lifetime because of all the ups & downs, good & bad times you've been through that I doubt even marriage can break.

I find it disheartening when folks suggest things like don't tell your family details of your marital challenges . I don't want to know every darn detail of my siblings married lives but hell I care when they are hurting in their marriages and would like to know what I can do to help. Going by babyosis' point five married couples should therefore keep their mouth shut about financial challenges and their inability to pay school fees and other bills.

How can I help my brothers or sisters, if they do not share their struggles or I do not know what is happening with them? Babyosisi your last two points are seriously flawed. Please let's agree to disagree like freecocoa said we all can't agree with everything you say.

2 Likes

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
milychocs:

That is how a beautiful pharmacist was killed and her relatives said they had no inkling she was going thru hell...and about the man who was going thru hell cos his wife was constantly humiliating him by hopping of with men, to sleep with them and taunt him about it, cos he was broke
what are we blood for?

I am that ferocious, lol
Thanks

I don't know why many of you don't read the words of a post before responding.
Read me again,everything you said was already covered in a phrase,highlighted for effect.
This was what I said

Tell your family details of your marital challenges

Very common with young marriages especially for people from a close knit family [size=18pt].Unless your life is in danger,[/size] shut your mouth.If you must unburden your heart,find a trusted friend,your pastor's wife,a deaconess in church, a wise auntie,anyone but your mom and siblings.They will never forget the stories you told them and will always view your husband through those prisms long after the issues have been resolved.A third party non relative is preferred.

2 Likes

Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by ArcToyin(m): 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
Nice thread. The last point is very common amidst the Yorubas. The wife cn become a slave of another man just to raise the standard of living of the family and the husband will be at home sleeping and doing nothing.
Re: Things A Female Should Never Do For Love by simiolu1(m): 11:33am On Mar 24, 2015
ArcToyin:
Nice thread. The last point is very common amidst the Yorubas. The wife cn become a slave of another man just to raise the standard of living of the family and the husband will be at home sleeping and doing nothing.
We're talking about marriages generally and U're quick to finger point a tribe. Sorry Sir, I think U're a tribal bigot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice / Anja Ringgren-Loven Helps More Nigerian Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.