Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Will You Teach A Client This? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Will You Teach A Client This? (612 Views)

Why Don't Naija Bloggers Help Each Other? If You Teach Someone Will You Die? / How Do I Tell A Client To Pay For His Site Hosting Every Year / How Much Will You Charge A Client To Put Up An Ad-banner On Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Teach A Client This? by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 22, 2015
Hello my people.
Happy sunday.

Yesterday a client called me telling me that his wordpress site stopped working. I looked at it. And I found out that one of the .php script is corrupt. Maybe by a plugin or themes.

I fixed it for him free of charge.

And he thanked me. Latar last night he sent me a message that I should teach him how to do it. Asking me what and what did I do. I told him I re-uploaded another broken script. He said I should tell the exact thing. So that he can do it by himself next time.

I wanted to tell him. But @ a point my mind told me that he wants me to teach him how to design website indirectly. Because even from on-set he likes to do most of the thing himself. He can't just make payment for anything. He will want me to be there with him while I make d whole payment and the rest of it.

I want to know if its his right to know this from me? Or should I decline his request.

Please I believe some of u must have come accross such clients.
Re: Will You Teach A Client This? by adorablepepple(f): 8:50am On Mar 22, 2015
decline immediately, What kind of request is that?, if he insist tell him he should pay n you would organise a class for him, shikena
Re: Will You Teach A Client This? by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 22, 2015
adorablepepple:
decline immediately, What kind of request is that?, if he insist tell him he should pay n you would organise a class for him, shikena
thanks. That's exactly what I did. But I just want to know if my actions were right or wrong. Thanks
Re: Will You Teach A Client This? by donsheddy1(m): 12:38pm On Mar 22, 2015
Your actions are right. So decline whatsover request he's asking of you cos that's how he'll become a pro without even paying a dime for it. That's y I bill my clients so they don't ask me silly questions and as well make my self scarce for them too.
Re: Will You Teach A Client This? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
donsheddy1:
Your actions are right. So decline whatsover request he's asking of you cos that's how he'll become a pro without even paying a dime for it. That's y I bill my clients so they don't ask me silly questions and as well make my self scarce for them too.
my brother. He is now mad at me. That I made him to be ashamed of himself. Just because I declined his request. I think ur right in this aspect of been scarce. Am always available to him.
Re: Will You Teach A Client This? by Craigston: 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2015
So far you've done nothing wrong. Thumbs up. Dealing with clients can be difficult sometimes. Be a little scarce (especially when it's for an issue that's not a massive threat. When relating with him, be more professional. Anything too forward should be repelled immediately. From your experiences and help from other resources, start defining your 'TOS' which will set boundaries and conditions between you and clients. Those documents they agree to bound under really have a good way of setting them straight. Let him know that fiddling with those scripts can have costly consequences and it requires a good technical learning to put him in place for that. You did well there. He should focus more on providing content and improving quality of content.
Re: Will You Teach A Client This? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
Craigston:
So far you've done nothing wrong. Thumbs up. Dealing with clients can be difficult sometimes. Be a little scarce (especially when it's for an issue that's not a massive threat. When relating with him, be more professional. Anything too forward should be repelled immediately. From your experiences and help from other resources, start defining your 'TOS' which will set boundaries and conditions between you and clients. Those documents they agree to bound under really have a good way of setting them straight. Let him know that fiddling with those scripts can have costly consequences and it requires a good technical learning to put him in place for that. You did well there. He should focus more on providing content and improving quality of content.
thanks.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Testing A New Social Bookmarking Site / Which Of This Domain Have High Good Perception .org, .net, .com, .co / I Need Traffic For My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.