Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP (1025 Views)

Florence Ita-Giwa Decamps To APC (Photos) / Alli Olanusi, Ondo Deputy Governor Decamps To APC / Niger State Deputy Governor Decamps To APC With 200 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2015
ers State Deputy Governor Defects To PDP

Channels Television. 
Updated March 22, 2015

The Deputy Governor of Rivers State, Tele Ikuru, has defected to the Peoples Democratic Party from the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ikuru declared his defection on Sunday, six days to the general elections.

In an address entitled “A Call On The Conscience Of The People of Rivers State”, the Deputy Governor said the address was delivered out of the fullness of his heart.

He said: “Ever since, as the true nature and motives of APC are unveiled, I have continued to twist and turn in extreme mental and emotional agony.

“The more I struggle to belong, the more the Rivers man in me rejects the APC.

“After carefully studying, interacting and analyzing the leadership of the party, I have come to the sad conclusion that the APC is a party of rebels, insurgents and anarchists, clothed in robes of pretence and deceit. APC is a party founded on deception and it thrives on unholy propaganda and falsehood”.

Mr Ikuru said his decision was centred on the fact that he would not want to be listed as part of a generation that would witch hunt and hound down the very first ever President from the region, apparently referring to the incumbent President seeking re-election in the presidential election that will hold on March 28.

“I wash my hands off this treachery and in the light of the above, I wish to urge all My Supporters, the Good People of Rivers State to join hands with other well-meaning Nigerians to massively vote for President Goodluck Jonathan and the Transformation Agenda that has brought so much relief and succour to the greatest number of Nigerians.

“I also urge all Rivers People to vote for Chief Barr Nyesom Wike (CON), who has shown by his antecedents, track records and boundless capabilities that he will deliver good governance to the People of Rivers State,” the Deputy Governor said in his defection speech.

Mr Ikuru has been Governor Chibuike Amechi’s deputy sine 2007 and has been campaigning for the APC along with Amechi until he declared his defection.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/03/22/rivers-state-deputy-governor-defects-to-pdp/
Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by luvinhubby(m): 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
Too little too late......Wike has already selected his cabinet.
#SMH..Politicians
Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by Clerverly: 6:42pm On Mar 22, 2015
How will that save jonathan from returning to Otuoke on March 28th?
Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by ThankGodEdeh(m): 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
awwwwwww.....
Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by harthonder(m): 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
He went to collect his own share of dollar before Gej will leave aso rock.
Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by cronus: 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
Lol.Tele Ikuru ke? If it was somebody else maybe it would be newsworthy. Tele Ikuru and Uche Secondus aka Total Chairman, the Deputy National Chairman of PDP are first cousins, they were even co-looters in the land reimbrusement saga in Port Harcourt. Tele has always been on his cousin's side but afraid to cough based on political choppings, I guess with one week left to Presidential election he felt it was now safe to decamp, lol.
Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by Clerverly: 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
Mr Ikuru said his decision was centred on the fact that he would not want to be listed as part of a generation that would witch hunt and hound down the very first ever President from the region, apparently referring to the incumbent President seeking re-election in the presidential election that will hold on March 28.

Only in Nigeria!
Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by arabbunkum: 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
London brigde is falling down
Falling down
Falling down

I no fit laugh o
Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by austinsmat(m): 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
for amachi mind now,this man don live me in the middle of an ocean
Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by Austin4lif: 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
Nice move, I will not also be among those people that will subject our generation to d fulani jihadist and to the northern enslavement of my pple. I will vote for GEJ. APC have islamic agenda, that why majority of muslim down north are praying for Buhari and d have also planned a 3 days fasting for him to win. D north dnt care who rules wht d want is a muslim president. Mr Tele, u have made a nice move. We will nt help to enslave our generation

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by talktrue1(m): 6:59pm On Mar 22, 2015
Amechi will not sleep this night

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by Kenai: 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
cronus:
Lol.Tele Ikuru ke? If it was somebody else maybe it would be newsworthy. Tele Ikuru and Uche Secondus aka Total Chairman, the Deputy National Chairman of PDP are first cousins, they were even co-looters in the land reimbrusement saga in Port Harcourt. Tele has always been on his cousin's side but afraid to cough based on political choppings, I guess with one week left to Presidential election he felt it was now safe to decamp, lol.

Interesting. So, were they co-looters all the while he was shouting "Change" and waving brooms with Amaechi, or did he suddenly become a looter when he decamped to the PDP just 45 minutes ago?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS; Rivers State Deputy Governor Decamps To PDP by cronus: 7:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
Kenai:

Interesting. So, were they co-looters all the while he was shouting "Change" and waving brooms with Amaechi, or did he suddenly become a looter when he decamped to the PDP just 45 minutes ago?

You really don't understand what is going on in that state.

(1) (Reply)

See How Buhari Can Escape Run-off!!! / President Jonathan Will Be Declared Winner / 10 Lessons To Learn From Mohammed Buhari’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.