Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,630 members, 7,958,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:20 AM

He Was Deported On Arriving UK. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / He Was Deported On Arriving UK. (35924 Views)

37 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Murtala Muhammed International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
justwise:

Now i'm worried about you....even as i got no clue what you are on about but the effect on you is obvious...judging by your posts lately... grin grin

Lol....wanted to joke that you gave me weed...maybe it didnt come out right
..I miss the sun
Maybe that is just it

But I am serious about my posts ooo
Nothing happens on our thread again
....how do you survive thread...
Sad
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by Tinyemeka(m): 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
pansophist:

You should stuck up your "holier than thou attitude". You're even wishing him a lengthy ban? That's very inconsiderate! Everyone lies, especially in this case where he doesn't want anything do with his inlaw!

A lie is a lie.

Evil is evil.

Even if he didn't want to have anything to do with the sister-in-law at that moment, he still could have told the truth and tell them that he was in the country and didn't yet want to meet her.
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by justwise(m): 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
milychocs:

Lol....wanted to joke that you gave me weed...maybe it didnt come out right
..I miss the sun
Maybe that is just it

But I am serious about my posts ooo
Nothing happens on our thread again
....how do you survive thread...
Sad

lol...i got your joke for real...

Well that thread comes alive from May when the new admission starts
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by rexzqcom(m): 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2015
In sane societies, presidential aspiration of someone like Buhari would have long evaporated into thin air for all his convoluted lies about unearned certificate. He might even be imprisoned for perjury. People do sometimes lies everywhere in the world. But once you are caught, you will face the music.
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by Tetero9(m): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2015
I was nearly deported at the point of entry in UK in January 2011. I had booked hotel around Westham Area, which is known for serious drug trafficking in UK. I claimed not to know anyone in UK while completing my visa application form, I boarded British Airways from Nigeria to UK, unknown to me, the airline is strictly for 'whites' and senior citizens of Nigeria, for a young boy like me, i was asking for too much. I got to UK early in the morning around 5:30am, the immigration whisked me away instead of stamping my passport. I was asked I know anyone in UK, I said 'NO'. I was asked to write the address of the company I was working for then, I did, I was asked to write my salary. I did, I was asked to write my house address, I did, I was asked if anyone helped me to fill my form, I said no. The man asked for my phone, I gave it to him, he gave a white piece of paper I still keep till this day. The paper reads( I am detaining you for further interrogation). I was offered tea, I declined, I was offered food I declined. My friend in UK who lived in Hayes then, which is not too far from Heathrow had come to the airport and gone, after waiting for 4 hours. He had sent me a message saying ' guy where u dey now'. The white man reads it, and asked who he was, I said he is a Facebook friend, but who I never met before, the man believed it. He then asked why I was taking 12 bars of Lux soap into UK, I said the store in Lagos Airport does not sell pieces, because I said I wanted to spend 1 week. I was taking inside for scanning, a black man who had worked in Ivory Coast questioned me this time, he saw my garri and called it garri, he knows it, they cut my 2 tubers of yam, and brought out the beans as well. My friend had asked me to bring those stuffs because he has lost touch with Nigeria. In all, I was questioned by 13 immigration officers, and they all asked the same questions, and I answered the same manner. At the end a woman stamped me in and told me ' next time learn how to speak some truth, welcome to UK'. I have been to UK two more times after then without troubles. They can be funny, just maintain your stance, getting visa does not mean automatic entry into UK. Pardon my errors, no time to proof read, thank you.
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by Adaezeagu(f): 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
Justfollowit:

How would you find foreign girl if you stayed in Nigeria undecided
I like dis ur kwesion
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Tetero9:
I was nearly deported at the point of entry in UK in January 2011. I had booked hotel around Westham Area, which is known for serious drug trafficking in UK. I claimed not to know anyone in UK while completing my visa application form, I boarded British Airways from Nigeria to UK, unknown to me, the airline is strictly for 'whites' and senior citizens of Nigeria, for a young boy like me, i was asking for too much. I got to UK early in the morning around 5:30am, the immigration whisked me away instead of stamping my passport. I was asked I know anyone in UK, I said 'NO'. I was asked to write the address of the company I was working for then, I did, I was asked to write my salary. I did, I was asked to write my house address, I did, I was asked if anyone helped me to fill my form, I said no. The man asked for my phone, I gave it to him, he gave a white piece of paper I still keep till this day. The paper reads( I am detaining you for further interrogation). I was offered tea, I declined, I was offered food I declined. My friend in UK who lived in Hayes then, which is not too far from Heathrow had come to the airport and gone, after waiting for 4 hours. He had sent me a message saying ' guy where u dey now'. The white man reads it, and asked who he was, I said he is a Facebook friend, but who I never met before, the man believed it. He then asked why I was taking 12 bars of Lux soap into UK, I said the store in Lagos Airport does not sell pieces, because I said I wanted to spend 1 week. I was taking inside for scanning, a black man who had worked in Ivory Coast questioned me this time, he saw my garri and called it garri, he knows it, they cut my 2 tubers of yam, and brought out the beans as well. My friend had asked me to bring those stuffs because he has lost touch with Nigeria. In all, I was questioned by 13 immigration officers, and they all asked the same questions, and I answered the same manner. At the end a woman stamped me in and told me ' next time learn how to speak some truth, welcome to UK'. I have been to UK two more times after then without troubles. They can be funny, just maintain your stance, getting visa does not mean automatic entry into UK. Pardon my errors, no time to proof read, thank you.

Gbam!!!
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by babeface3: 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2015
I am still so shocked at the reaction of my people on this. We are talking of formal professionalism in immigration matters and not informal sentiments whipped with baseless morality. Ask his relationship with his sister in law, if he ever visited her or had anything serous with her besides her phone number being in that phone for mere oversight or something. Could that statement 'I know no one in London' had been made with a different intent, probably thinking his sister in law stays in Scotland or Wales? Could that statement had been subjected to some scrutiny and this guy given a chance to explain? As im speaking with you there has been a lawsuit both in the UK in respect of this matter. Wait till you read it in the papers. Nigerian lawyers are also amazes at the hasty deportation.
obailala:

There is certainly more to this story than the you or your friend is telling us. If what you have narrated is the complete story, then I would say the UKBA guys were wrong.

Was he given a chance to explain why he claimed he knew no one?... He had a hotel booked, he was in the country for business meeting (probably in a town out of London), he had no intentions of seeing his in-law and didn't even think it fit to inform her. He probably didnt even know if she was resident in London or in another town. If I were the man and was casually asked by the immigration guys, I would likely have just given a similar casual answer since my sister in-law's existence was inconsequential to my visit. It becomes a problem only if the immigration guys laid serious emphasis on the question but the man still insisted he knew no one.

Just like I said, there is more to this story than your friend narrated. The immigration guys wouldn't just deport people for such a flimsy reason.
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by babeface3: 11:19pm On Mar 24, 2015
Before my very eyes, an American citizen arrested for serious criminal charges in Nigeria volunteered few information and when police demanded his phone and passport he said he would never give them. They did not do anything to him.
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by guiddoti: 12:40am On Mar 25, 2015
babeface3:

Before my very eyes, an American citizen arrested for serious criminal charges in Nigeria volunteered few information and when police demanded his phone and passport he said he would never give them. They did not do anything to him.
Deportation dey him mind.
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by laoma15(m): 1:24am On Mar 25, 2015
You can tell lies and get away with it inNigeria. But not in oversees. People should learn to always say the truth. This is a big lesson to anyone that calls black white.
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
Adaezeagu:
I like dis ur kwesion

Thanks
Re: He Was Deported On Arriving UK. by legendprac(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
In the UK, when govt officials ask you a question, it might not be because they don't have the answer on their system or can't find out, but because they simply want to give you the opportunity to lie so they mess you up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Brothers Burn To Death In Lagos-Badagry Expressway Auto Crash / Accident Cuts Off Man's Head (Graphic Photos) / Cows Dead As Lorry And Bus Collide In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.