Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,664 members, 7,844,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project (1102 Views)

Fg’s N60bn Economic Stimulus Out Next Week / EFCC Probes N60bn ‘budget Padding’ Vote For Senators / N60bn Sale Proceeds: EFCC Probes Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by kkdonjay: 10:09am On Mar 23, 2015
Re: FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by tochinoyi(m): 10:21am On Mar 23, 2015
what our past leaders couldn't do jona is fixing it without grudges

3 Likes

Re: FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by mrborntodoit: 10:23am On Mar 23, 2015
tochinoyi:
what our past leaders couldn't do jona is fixing it without grudges

Seconded grin

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by tochinoyi(m): 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
mrborntodoit:

Seconded grin
you no de tire your part members are leaving apc to pdp
Re: FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by mrborntodoit: 3:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
tochinoyi:
you no de tire your part members are leaving apc to pdp

Oga ,me na pro PDP
Re: FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by mrborntodoit: 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
The Federal Government has commissioned the multi billion naira irrigation component of the Gurara Dam project located in Kaduna State as parts of effort to boost irrigation farming in the state.
The commissioning of the project which got more funding from the government in November, 2012 was done by the Vice President, Arc. Namadi Sambo, over the weekend in Kaduna.
The Gurara Dam Project, which has three components; Irrigation, Power and Water is expected to impact on the socio-economic activities of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Niger and Kaduna states.
The scope of the Gurara Dam Project includes the provision of water to meet Abuja water demand for the next 50 years, generation of 30MW of electricity for onward transfer to the national grid and the provision of a multi-system irrigation platform covering a span of over 20,000 hectares.
Vice President Namadi Sambo said the project was part of government’s commitment to ensure food security in the country and noted that the commissioning of the project would further strengthen and compliment efforts by other government agencies especially the Agricultural Transformation Agenda.
Minister of Water Resources, Mrs Sarah Reng Ochekpe, in her address said the inauguration of the project was in fulfilment of promise, adding that it would ensure rural transformation through making available water for farming as well as for domestic use.
“The federal government has committed a lot of resources to the development of dam and irrigation nationwide and it is in fulfillment of our determination to make farming an all year round activity so that we can be self sufficient in food production,” she said.
The commissioned irrigation project has three different types of irrigation technologies including sprinkler, surface and pivoter deployed to cover the 6000 hectares currently in use out of the 20,000 hectares set aside by government.

http://go.engineer-ng.net/forum/topics/fg-commissions-n60bn-gurara-dam-irrigation-project?xg_source=activity
Re: FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by taharqa: 3:30pm On Mar 23, 2015
This is an extremely important dam project, one of the biggest ever built in the country and one that has been planned since independence for former Kaduna (kaduna and Abuja ).

Kasabimla dam in Taraba, I think the biggest in the country, would soon be commissioned too.

And dem say GEJ no dey work.....

1 Like

Re: FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by Sweetguy25: 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2015
Jonathan building important projects for people who hate him and wish him dead. What a life!
Re: FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by ashcall(m): 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
taharqa:
This is an extremely important dam project, one of the biggest ever built in the country and one that has been planned since independence for former Kaduna (kaduna and Abuja ).

Kasabimla dam in Taraba, I think the biggest in the country, would soon be commissioned too.

And dem say GEJ no dey work.....
gurara dam is an obj project and not gej brain child
Re: FG Commissions N60bn Gurara Dam Irrigation Project by Riodiao(m): 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
A CALL ON THE CONSCIENCE OF THE PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE
AN ADDRESS DELIVERED BY
ENGR TELE IKURU.
DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF RIVERS STATE
IN RESPECT OF 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS

My dear People of Rivers State, I bring you honest and sincere greetings.

Today, I address you out of the fullness of my heart. Recall that in December 2013, out of extreme loyalty to my Boss and friend, I joined the All Progressives congress (APC) along with other then disillusioned Rivers People.

Ever since, as the true nature and motives of APC are unveiled, I have continued to twist and turn in extreme mental and emotional agony. The more I struggle to belong,the more the Rivers man in me rejects the APC. After carefully studying, interacting and analyzing the leadership of the party, I have come to the sad conclusion that the APC is a party of rebels, insurgents and anarchists, clothed in robes of pretense and deceit. APC is a party founded on deception and it thrives on unholy propaganda and falsehood.

I therefore, on behalf of my teaming supporters, and my humble self denounce the APC and we all jointly and severally resign our membership of the APC.

My dear people of Rivers State, we of this generation will not in good conscience expect forgiveness and compassion from our forebears, posterity, and the spirit of our unborn generations if it is recorded in the annals of history that after 48 Years of Rivers people supporting leaders from all other parts of this country with our votes and resources, we were the same that witch hunted and hounded down the very first ever President from this region, granted us by providence. I wash my hands off this treachery.

In the light of the above, I wish to urge all My Supporters, the Good People of Rivers State to join hands with other well meaning Nigerians to massively vote for President GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN (GCFR) and the Transformation Agenda that has brought so much relief and succor to the greatest number of Nigerians. I also urge allRivers People to vote for Chief Barr Nyesom Wike (CON), who has shown by his antecedents, track records and boundless capabilities that he will deliver good governance to the People of Rivers State.

Thank You and God Bless You All Abundantly.

Engr Tele Ikuru

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: I'll End Corruption In Oil Sector, If Re-elected - Jonathan / DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: Olamide & Phyno – 2Kings / Authentic Result From Abia State(ahiaeke Ndume Ibeku Ward)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.