Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria (105324 Views)

Which Is Better? Automatic Transmission Or Manual Transmission / Is Power Sterring Fluid Diffrent From Automatic Transmission Fluid? / Which Do You Prefer - Manual Or Automatic Transmission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by autowiz: 9:57am On Apr 07, 2015
autowiz:
We have come to notice during our series of transmission repairs that Nigerians are of the opinion that transmission overhauls and repairs are not reliable here. but they truly are if it is done right. Autowiz nig has been fixing gear problems in Nigeria for a while with warrantee the customers are happy. We will be happy to help you with yours. Give us a call for assistance 08060018388 or post your complaints here.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by jaibang(m): 1:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hello,
I have a kia sorento automatic, if you engage the drive, it does not move with the force of gear 1, but gradually picks up. What could be responsible?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by cisplatin: 3:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
cisplatin:
pls my car was having problems startin, took to a mech who changed many things like fuel pump, starter plugs n olug wires. But after, i noticed the car jerks when u shift gear from park to R and from N to D and the car will rev itself so much before changin gear while driving

Gear oil was dirty brown and below min mark

Pls what do i do? I hv stopped drivin the car until i change the ATF. 99 Honda Accord, 4 plugs
this issue has been resolved. The gear issues were due to a bad throttle position sensor. Throttle body was changed and everything normalised.

Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Spida(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
i have a corolla sport 2005 and i think the gear has an issue. it take an additional 1 sec to change gear. to 2 cant really say for the rest. pls what do u think is the problem. and also when i shift to reverse it proves a little difficult to move.pls help me.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by autowiz: 9:07am On May 01, 2015
jaibang:
Hello,
I have a kia sorento automatic, if you engage the drive, it does not move with the force of gear 1, but gradually picks up. What could be responsible?
Its probably not starting from gear 1. check your oil level and quality. do a scan and get back to me.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by autowiz: 9:11am On May 01, 2015
Spida:
i have a corolla sport 2005 and i think the gear has an issue. it take an additional 1 sec to change gear. to 2 cant really say for the rest. pls what do u think is the problem. and also when i shift to reverse it proves a little difficult to move.pls help me.
you hav to do the first thing which is look at the oil level and color. Also try to do a scan and post the codes. we can proceed from there
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by lukman22: 11:02am On May 01, 2015
Please autowiz, can u ppl repair Audi multitronic gearbox?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by justfash50: 4:23pm On May 01, 2015
Pls which ATF is recommended for Lexus Rx 300 201 model
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by justfash50: 4:24pm On May 01, 2015
Pls which ATF is recommended for Lexus Rx 300 2001 model
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by genieplus86(f): 6:36pm On May 01, 2015
Please which ATF would you recommend for a Toyota Highlander 2003 Limited ? I saw on the cap of my power stearing oil container Dextron (Written).
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Kashif(m): 6:43pm On May 01, 2015
lukman22:

I advise you seek a rebuild instead.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34am On May 03, 2015
autowiz:

We are based in PH but we do jobs anywere usual on arrangment
wow!thank God you are in PH. please may I have your number?expect lots of calls from my friends and colleagues.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by autowiz: 8:50pm On May 07, 2015
lukman22:
yeah. what model and year is it?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by autowiz: 8:52pm On May 07, 2015
justfash50:
Pls which ATF is recommended for Lexus Rx 300 201 model
Toyota type Tiv
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by autowiz: 8:53pm On May 07, 2015
shadowgwalker:
wow!thank God you are in PH. please may I have your number?expect lots of calls from my friends and colleagues.
Number is on the first page
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Spida(m): 11:04am On May 10, 2015
autowiz:

you hav to do the first thing which is look at the oil level and color. Also try to do a scan and post the codes. we can proceed from there

Ok will do. thanks for the response.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by autowiz: 5:04pm On May 11, 2015
genieplus86:
Please which ATF would you recommend for a Toyota Highlander 2003 Limited ? I saw on the cap of my power stearing oil container Dextron (Written).
You need Toyota type Tiv . But look on your transmission dip stick.It,s always written there
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Macmilla(m): 4:59pm On May 15, 2015
Informed men of the thread, I have a 2001 Honda accord. I noticed that when I drive it for a while and slow down to a halt and then try to move, the car will not move with the adequate force no matter how I step on the throttle. Also it's weak at climbing hills. I suspect it doesn't downshift to gear one. No codes on scanning. No rough jerking. Little jerk sometimes on shifting to R and car tends to vibrate a little while on R. Shifting to D4 from N is almost unnoticeable. Gear oil was recently changed with DW-1 because of same problem but it persisted.
Someone said it's a bad mainshaft speed sensor. Please advise. Thanks
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by DejiOluyem(m): 6:49am On May 16, 2015
OP Please I want to know What happens to the car, r when on speed and about climbing a height, the speed become flat . the car is Nissan Altima automatic transmission.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by UncleDeeee(m): 7:23pm On May 16, 2015
Have a 2006 camry. Changed my gearbox from 13pin to 10pin and I think it's not shifting properly.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Kashif(m): 8:17pm On May 16, 2015
UncleDeeee:
Have a 2006 camry. Changed my gearbox from 13pin to 10pin and I think it's not shifting properly.

Why would you do that? We'll, check this thread, it was discussed extensively: https://www.nairaland.com/1364064/automatic-gearbox-problems/8
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Macmilla(m): 5:46pm On May 19, 2015
Good day boss.
My car is a honda accord 2001 4cyl.
I recently changed my transmission, but on the new one, the countershaft speed sensor and mainshaft sensor had three pins while the ones on my old transmission had 2 pins. The mech guy had to transfer the sensors from the old one to the new gearbox.

I then noticed that while driving, the transmission upshifts well, but when I slow down, it seems it doesn't downshift to 1, therefore the car will move slowly and gradually speed up no matter how I step on it. This is worse when going uphill.

I also noticed that if I step down to accelerate fast, the car normally downshifts to pick speed, but there is an abnormal 3-4 seconds of drag b4 it downshifts and picks speed.
No blinking D4 and no code on scanning.

Could this be because of the swapped sensors? Or is the gearbox bad?

Oil is DW-1

Cc: autowiz
Cc: luvinhubby
Cc: Gazzuzz
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by xtripple: 10:30pm On May 19, 2015
autowiz:
We have come to notice during our series of transmission repairs that Nigerians are of the opinion that transmission overhauls and repairs are not reliable here. but they truly are if it is done right. Autowiz nig has been fixing gear problems in Nigeria for a while with warrantee the customers are happy. We will be happy to help you with yours. Give us a call for assistance 08060018388 or post your complaints here.
My Honda 1999/2000 model recently started giving bad feeling, I notice any time i apply break while on fast move, the car will jerk b4 it stop, but i notice ,if I am about to stop i change to neutral nothing will happen. My explanation might not be clear ,am confuse
Assume I am approaching to a junction ,I apply brake , once the car slow down it will jerk b4 it stop. But the engine will not off both ac will be working fine.
I don't know what the cause will be but I am suspecting my gear. Pls any thing I need to do pls advice
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by xtripple: 10:58am On May 20, 2015
What was the condition of the engine seats you changed, were they broken?[/quote
Autowiz This the result scan
P0122 '. TPS/Pedal position sensor A circuit low input
P0141 '. 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction' back sensor 2
P1166 , malfunction control fuel air metering
autowiz:
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by xtripple: 10:59am On May 20, 2015
@auto wiz, This the result scan
P0122 '. TPS/Pedal position sensor A circuit low input
P0141 '. 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction' back sensor 2
P1166 , malfunction control fuel air metering
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by lumideed(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2015
My Toyota Camry 1999 model won't move when the gear is in Drive, it only moves when the reverse is engaged. Pls what do you advise. Thank you
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by gideon243(m): 11:55am On May 22, 2015
Good day, please how much can i purchase ford windstar 2002 bus GearBox?

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by fortunejum: 12:05pm On May 22, 2015
which gear oil can i buy for my 1999 toyota camry (auto)
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by sekolaj: 1:56pm On May 22, 2015
Please. Rav4 2001 model.
the transmission/ECM has drained me financially.
its only count from 123.then I change d transmission box still 123.tested with dff ECM...still 123.
Please help me out.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Jlow2: 7:27am On May 23, 2015
ur doing a good job boss, pls my honda dc 2006 always jump frm gear 1 to gear 2 when u accelerate with force, but d rest engage normal, and makes a lil noice wen tryin to jump.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Jlow2: 7:28am On May 23, 2015
ur doing a good job boss, pls my honda dc 2006 always jump frm gear 1 to gear 2 when u accelerate with force, but d rest engage normal, and makes a lil noice wen tryin to jump, could it be my gearbox.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Jlow2: 7:28am On May 23, 2015
ur doing a good job boss, pls my honda dc 2006 always jump frm gear 1 to gear 2 when u accelerate with force, but d rest engage normal, and makes a lil noice wen tryin to jump, pls help me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean / Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos) / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.