Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs (856 Views)

Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time / Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs / Is It Possible For A Car Not To Smoke At All? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs by Triska: 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hello All,

A friend's Peugeot 307 car hasnt been able to start after oil and plugs were changed.

The said car stopped on the road before we thought it was oil or plugs, but after all that, it hasnt been able to start.

whats really the problem ?

and what can i do to fix it ?
Re: Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs by cocoduck: 2:38pm On Mar 23, 2015
does the starter motor crank at all
Re: Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs by DECOtech(m): 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
Triska:

Hello All,
A friend's Peugeot 307 car hasnt been able to start after oil and plugs were changed.
The said car stopped on the road before we thought it was oil or plugs, but after all that, it hasnt been able to start.
A car stops on the road, the first thing to be done isn't changing oil and plugs.

-Did you check if tour fuel pump was working?
-Did you check if the plugs where bringing spark?
-Did you check if your timing belt was still in place?
-Did you check if either your air filter or exhaust are clear?

After checking all these and your car still doesn't start, pls have the car scanned and post the codes here for us to direct you accordingly

1 Like

Re: Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
Triska:

Hello All,

Seeing that you guys have no idea how a modern engine works, I will keep my suggestions to my self so you don't take them out of context, if you are in lagos problem can be rectified easily, call 08023251039.
Re: Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs by gambus007(m): 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
Triska:

Hello All,

Contact ikenna the lionking.
Re: Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs by Triska: 7:45am On Mar 24, 2015
DECOtech:
A car stops on the road, the first thing to be done isn't changing oil and plugs.

-Did you check if tour fuel pump was working?
-Did you check if the plugs where bringing spark?
-Did you check if your timing belt was still in place?
-Did you check if either your air filter or exhaust are clear?

After checking all these and your car still doesn't start, pls have the car scanned and post the codes here for us to direct you accordingly

Ok thanks !
Re: Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs by Triska: 7:45am On Mar 24, 2015
cocoduck:
does the starter motor crank at all

Yes it does !
Re: Car Not Starting Even After Changing Oil And Plugs by abuhubaidah: 1:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
Triska:

Yes it does !
your car will start call me on 08099421303

(1) (Reply)

See How A Nigerian Man Was Bragging Over His New Car Worth About N55,000,000 / Bugatti Chiron Hypercar / Nissan Rogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.