Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates (5083 Views)

LIVE!! Empty Stadium As Electorates Boycott APC Mega Rally In P/H (see Photos) / ShehuSani Latest Response That's Making Electorates Go GAGA On Twitter - Picture / Inec Advises Electorates To Bring Cameras To The Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
Fellow Nigerians,

I wish I can write you all individually but I am greatly constrained. Hence, I decide this medium. Please, treat it as that of a brother to his beloved brethren.

In about five (5) days time we will troop out to our respective polling unit to cast our votes on who lead our great country as President and Commander-in-chief from May 29, 2015. This exercise may appear routine every four(4) years but this year's own is historic.

Recall that four(4) years ago supporters of the major opposition candidate reigned mayhem in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Niger, Sokoto, Yobe, and Zamfara states. Over a thousands compatriots(including corp members) were murdered in cold blood. Houses and source of livelihood were destroyed. Over six hundred (600) people were arrested by the police but were later bailed by the same candidate and his party. This same candidate is now asking for our "vote".

Also recall that for the first time since 1979, our government created enabling environment that will usher in credible election. The elections of 2003 and 2007 were heavily criticised by the international community and local observers. However, that of 2011 was praised by even the USA Government. Our President promised 2015 to be better and now we are talking PVC. The main actor that supervised the 2003 and 2007 election is now a backer of the main opposition candidate.

While the President subjects himself to every democratic and constitutional process, the main opposition and his party arrogantly exempt themselves from every form of Political debate thereby denying you and I the chance of assessing them side by side with others. They claimed to be democrats but they made it clear that they will not subject to our courts in the event that they are declared unelected but would rather cause chaos by forming parallel government. On security, they have consistently kick against the use of force on BH ravaging our brethren in the North East but are quick to abuse the government. Thank God that the Army is on the verge of wiping off Boko haram with 80% success so far.

My brethren, the main opposition keep telling us on how they will fight corruption but they refused to implement the Freedom of Information Law that was signed by President Jonathan. They refused transparent leadership. The President declared his asset to the Conde of Conduct Bureau as requested by the law in 2011. However, they said he should declare it again in public when they can invoke the FOI to CCB to retrieve it. Meanwhile, non of their political office holder has published their asset to the public. Isn't that hypocrisy? We all know that our fundamental challenge as a people is systematic, the President in his wisdom instituted a National Conference to address this, this same major opposition party rejected it. The Conference drew eminent Nigerians and made lots of recommendations which the President accepted and is prepared to send to NASS for implementation. The major opposition keep telling us that "PDP is in power for 16 years", but in truth a super majority of the major players in and out of PDP between 1999-Mayy 2011 are members of the same opposition party and they form the main nucleus of their team. Who is deceiving who?

I would have talked a lot on infrastructural advancement of this administration but I don't wish to bore you with too much words. However, I urge you to reflect on the manufacturing, power, rail, agricultural and technology sectors and you will appreciate the progress made by this administration. We are all talking PVC thanks to the administration. I agree that ideally we should have done better but the prospect is a thing to joy in.

Fellow compatriots, we have the chance of continuing with the democratic incumbent who not only successfully privatise electricity sector but also vowed to reform the petroleum sector when elected. If we are honest with ourselves, we will know that the process of change is ongoing. Though silent!

I enjoin you to re-elect the incumbent President Jonathan of the People's Democratic Party for the silent transformation and the change to continue. Most importantly, I urge you all to shun violence but be alert and resist any form of anarchy.

I Love You All! God Bless Nigeria! God Bless President Jonathan and PDP.

Your Compatriot and Friend
Barcanista(Nairaland)

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by temitemi1(m): 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
GOD bless barcanista! GEJ till 2019!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by pendy79: 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
My brother what's with all this your open and close letter.

I'm sure you will throw a lot of tantrums as a child because the way you crave and seek attention on NL is like someone who really is feeling funky from GIRLISH ATTENTION.

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION yet The NNPC AUDIT REPORT IS A CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT, FREEDOM OF INFORMATION yet UNIPORT DARE NOT RELEASE DETAILS OF HIS ACCLAIMED PhD.

Wake up to REALITY BEFORE IT GETS TOO LATE. THIS GOVERNMENT AS YOU YOURSELF ONCE PUT IT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THE ONLY IJAWS THAT MATTERS ARE TOMPOLO, ASARI DOKUBO AND EDWIN CLARKE.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by ozo13(m): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
d same person some days back.wc one make we believe now.after analysing and condemning pdp ...link: http://newsrescue.com/documentary-lies-aitgej-barcanista-nairaland/

same person in less than 6weeks is also condemning APC and even making a LONG ANALYSIS.
Conclusion: All I can conclude is that u r a confused fellow.Pele

http://newsrescue.com/documentary-lies-aitgej-barcanista-nairaland/ ....chief barcanista, no be say I hate u bt na wetin u been say before.am teaching u an aspect of politics.one love grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
pendy79:
We have the task to return Jonathan to power. Me, you and everyone!

@Temitemi1 God bless you too

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by AriDsexy(f): 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2015
Our civic responsibilty...the right to a better Nigeria is in our hands

Vote right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
barcanista:
Fellow Nigerians,

I wish I can write you all individually but I am greatly constrained. Hence, I decide this medium. Please, treat it as that of a brother to his beloved brethren.

In about five (5) days time we will troop out to our respective polling unit to cast our votes on who lead our great country as President and Commander-in-chief from May 29, 2015. This exercise may appear routine every four(4) years but this year's own is historic.

Recall that four(4) years ago supporters of the major opposition candidate reigned mayhem in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Niger, Sokoto, Yobe, and Zamfara states. Over a thousands compatriots(including corp members) were murdered in cold blood. Houses and source of livelihood were destroyed. Over six hundred (600) people were arrested by the police but were later bailed by the same candidate and his party. This same candidate is now asking for our "vote".

Also recall that for the first time since 1979, our government created enabling environment that will usher in credible election. The elections of 2003 and 2007 were heavily criticised by the international community and local observers. However, that of 2011 was praised by even the USA Government. Our President promised 2015 to be better and now we are talking PVC. The main actor that supervised the 2003 and 2007 election is now a backer of the main opposition candidate.

While the President subjects himself to every democratic and constitutional process, the main opposition and his party arrogantly exempt themselves from every form of Political debate thereby denying you and I the chance of assessing them side by side with others. They claimed to be democrats but they made it clear that they will not subject to our courts in the event that they are declared unelected but would rather cause chaos by forming parallel government. On security, they have consistently kick against the use of force on BH ravaging our brethren in the North East but are quick to abuse the government. Thank God that the Army is on the verge of wiping off Boko haram with 80% success so far.

My brethren, the main opposition keep telling us on how they will fight corruption but they refused to implement the Freedom of Information Law that was signed by President Jonathan. They refused transparent leadership. The President declared his asset to the Conde of Conduct Bureau as requested by the law in 2011. However, they said he should declare it again in public when they can invoke the FOI to CCB to retrieve it. Meanwhile, non of their political office holder has published their asset to the public. Isn't that hypocrisy? We all know that our fundamental challenge as a people is systematic, the President in his wisdom instituted a National Conference to address this, this same major opposition party rejected it. The Conference drew eminent Nigerians and made lots of recommendations which the President accepted and is prepared to send to NASS for implementation. The major opposition keep telling us that "PDP is in power for 16 years", but in truth a super majority of the major players in and out of PDP between 1999-Mayy 2011 are members of the same opposition party and they form the main nucleus of their team. Who is deceiving who?

I would have talked a lot on infrastructural advancement of this administration but I don't wish to bore you with too much words. However, I urge you to reflect on the manufacturing, power, rail, agricultural and technology sectors and you will appreciate the progress made by this administration. We are all talking PVC thanks to the administration. I agree that ideally we should have done better but the prospect is a thing to joy in.

Fellow compatriots, we have the chance of continuing with the democratic incumbent who not only successfully privatise electricity sector but also vowed to reform the petroleum sector when elected. If we are honest with ourselves, we will know that the process of change is ongoing. Though silent!

I enjoin you to re-elect the incumbent President Jonathan of the People's Democratic Party for the silent transformation and the change to continue. Most importantly, I urge you all to shun violence but be alert and resist any form of anarchy.

I Love You All! God Bless Nigeria! God Bless President Jonathan and PDP.

Your Compatriot and Friend
Barcanista(Nairaland)

A long watery annoying nonsense.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by pendy79: 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2015
barcanista:
We have the task to return Jonathan to power. Me, you and everyone!

@Temitemi1 God bless you too

Remove me from that your PROTECTION and CONNECTION SEEKING TASK.

Hope your corrupt and thief of a brother paid the RIGHT AND PREVAILING PRICE for the 95.5 Hectares of Land he allocated to himself and his mother in Abuja else BUHARI will collect it back and return it to the NATION by May 30th 2015.

Hope he had included the 6 villages he stole in Abuja to his Asset Declaration form?

If by now, you have not collected enough connection and protection then I'M SORRY YOUR FANI KAYODE WANNABE GIMMICK WAS A FAILED VENTURE.

Wake up from this your JONATAN WISHFUL THINKING, HE DOESN'T HAVE THE GOODWILL NOR THE SUPPORT to even win 25% in 24states of the federation as we speak.

Gani Adams wife self will not vote the CLUELESS ONE.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
My brother, may God really bless you. And I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. Its obvious you're scaling to the top.

One can hardly add much to this already beautifully crafted letter, reminding us of our past and the role we must play for a greater future.

However, let me advise, in advance, the sulphur and hailstorms that will downpour from the children of anger, and the attacks and bullets that will rain from the progenies of frustration; their hate for you is stronger than their love for GMB.

Stay focused, and God bless.

GEJ TILL 2019!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
[s]
pendy79:

Remove me from that your PROTECTION and CONNECTION TASK.

Hope your corrupt and thief of a brother paid the RIGHT AND PREVAILING PRICE for the 95.5 Hectares of Land he allocated to himself and his mother in Abuja else BUHARI will collect it back and return it to the NATION by May 30th 2015.

Hope he had included the 6 villages he stole in Abuja to his Asset Declaration form?

If by now, you have not collected enough connection and protection up till now, I'M SORRY YOUR FANI KAYODE WANNABE GIMMICK WAS A FAILED VENTURE.

Wake up from this your JONATAN WISHFUL THINKING, HE DOESN'T HAVE THE GOODWILL NOR THE SUPPORT to even win 25% in 24states of the federation as we speak.

Gani Adams wife self will not vote the CLUELESS ONE.
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
I pity this guy called barcanista....running from pillar to post trying to justify a misstep!

I wonder what you would write on Monday after it must have been clear your one time admired General is coasting to Victory!!!

Brace up, GMB is your next president!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Sweetguy25: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
APC supporters wan cry.

The fact that APC supporters are hoping that the elections will credible and also expect GEJ to lose and vacate Aso rock speaks volume.
Under normal circumstances in Nigeria, a president will comfortably rig elections and nothing will happen. Obasanjo rigged elections two times, the only thing nigerians did was to complain as usual. Voter apathy and attrition was very high. Nobody trusted the Nigerian electoral system except the politicians.

If Goodluck Jonathan wants to rig the election, he will do it comfortably and the worst you APC members will do is to complain or protest. After two or three days, you'll go back to your homes and businesses. Its a typical nigerian attitude.

The change that nigerians seek is already here and his name is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
Cc Mogidi phockphockman Agabai23 ellechrystal tomakint stebell truckpusher firefire anonimi bayswater

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2015
[s]
ozo13:
same person some days back.wc one make we believe now.after analysing and condemning pdp ...link: http://newsrescue.com/documentary-lies-aitgej-barcanista-nairaland/

same person in less than 6weeks is also condemning APC and even making analysis. All I can conclude is that u r a confused fellow.Pele

http://newsrescue.com/documentary-lies-aitgej-barcanista-nairaland/
[/s]

Totally irrelevant to the message. Face topic or vapourise.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Zuria(f): 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2015
We all have a right to vote for the candidate of our choice...what we all should do is (#iPledge) to defend/protect INEC staff and ad-hoc workers in our polling unit and make sure no harm come to them...#votenotfight

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
Zuria:
We all have a right to vote for the candidate of our choice...what we all should do is (#iPledge) to defend/protect INEC staff and ad-hoc workers in our polling unit and make sure no harm come to them...#votenotfight

That's all.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2015
GMB all the way
Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by otukpo(f): 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
Me and my family will vote for Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Rilwayne001: 9:17pm On Mar 23, 2015
A man that places importance to his e-life suggests a man that has a very miserable real life.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
dearpreye:
My brother, may God really bless you. And I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. Its obvious you're scaling to the top.

One can hardly add much to this already beautifully crafted letter, reminding us of our past and the role we must play for a greater future.

However, let me advise, in advance, the sulphur and hailstorms that will downpour from the children of anger, and the attacks and bullets that will rain from the progenies of frustration; their hate for you is stronger than their love for GMB.

Stay focused, and God bless.

GEJ TILL 2019!
Bro, thank you very much. Though I find the unnecessary "anger" towards me as distraction and unfortunate but I'm not bound to respond to any and I won't. We are to make a very important decision in our life as a people, the task to get it right is what is paramount for the good of all of us. Thank you once again...I so love and appreciate you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
pendy79:

I'm sure you will throw a lot of tantrums as a child because the way you crave and seek attention on NL is like someone who really is feeling funky from GIRLISH ATTENTION.

He wasnt throwing tantrums and seeking attention when he was the mouthpiece of the intolerant broom wavers!

Hypocrites!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by ozo13(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
dearpreye:
[s][/s]

Totally irrelevant to the message. Face topic or vapourise.
chairman y e dey pain u.I go continue to follow dguy wt evidence ni.if e pain u na u sabi.I hate people that fink they can outsmart n confuse odas wt useless analysis.
Compatriots , ds is d rubbish d same person posted some weeks ago before d postponement.
Conclusion: only a confuse person will do such a thing#gbam

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by chamboy(m): 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
You are partisan so ur words make no sense

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
ozo13:
chairman y e dey pain u.I go continue to follow dguy wt evidence ni.if e pain u na u sabi.I hate people that fink they can outsmart n confuse odas wt useless analysis.
Compatriots , ds is d rubbish d same person posted some weeks ago before d postponement.
Conclusion: only a confuse person will do such a thing#gbam

Rivers Deputy Governor just decamped to the PDP yesterday. Free barcanista.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by kasiem(m): 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2015
Barcanista, I would take permission from u to share this your letter in some areas
Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2015
Zuria:
. Zuria my sister, thank you so much. Nobody can deny us Óur unalienable righÞ to support candidates we believe in, but as citizens, we have the duty to put forward and sell the best to the electorates. Remember that our collÉctive decision will positively or negatively affect all of us individually and as a people. We can't afford not to get things right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
I pity this guy called barcanista....running from pillar to post trying to justify a misstep!
I wonder what you would write on Monday after it must have been clear your one time admired General is coasting to Victory!!!
Brace up, GMB is your next president!!!

Only fuuls refuse to move away from their previous convictions in the presence of superior information...

Remember, Tinubu announced to us all that buhari is a destabilizing agent; a poison to Nigerian polity...

El-Rufai marked buhari as being insensitive to Nigeria diversity...

Dele Momodu saw buhari's presidential ambition as a slap on our national consciousness and memory...

Amechi warned against APC; saying that charity begins at home...the change should be seen in their person and their state first...

Buhari announced Tinubu and all ACN governors including fashola, Fayemi, Aregbesola, etc as corrupt treasury looters...

Today, they are dancing and singing with buhari...who's deceiving who here....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
kasiem:
Barcanista, I would take permission from u to share this your letter in some areas
Permission granted but don't forget to credit it(abi na).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
chamboy:
You are partisan so ur words make no sense

Are you non-partisan...where you forced to comment here?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates by Zuria(f): 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
barcanista:
. Zuria my sister, thank you so much. Nobody can deny us Óur unalienable righÞ to support candidates we believe in, but as citizens, we have the duty to put forward and sell the best to the electorates. Remember that our collÉctive decision will positively or negatively affect all of us individually and as a people. We can't afford not to get things right

The real "selling" are to your neighbors with PVCS who don't have time for internet grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arrest Pastor Adeboye / BREAKING: Tinubu, Amaechi, Receive The Biggest Offers / Ken Saro Wiwa And The Forgiving Igbo Spirit (the Untold Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.