Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols (1234 Views)

7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar / Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish / 8 Healthy Benefits Of Drinking This Tea For 7 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
Alcohol doesn't make a lot of "Top 10" lists for being one of thehealthiestthings to put in our bodies. But alcohol in all of its common forms—beer, wine, liquor—actually has some unexpected health benefits likestrong hearts,sharper brains, anduninhibited creativity.

So great, let's get smashed! Right? The key with alcohol and all of the benefits listed below is to consume in moderation. So, um,don't get smashed—enjoy responsibly. Drinking too much can result inserious negative heath effects including poor liver function, liver disease, high blood pressure,weight gain, and changes in the brain's ability to produce new cells.
Here are the healthy benefits of consuming alcohol;

1 Alcohol makes the heart healthy
Crazy, right? Beer and wine have natural antioxidants called phenols, which help protect against heart disease and lower the risk of hypertension. Just stick to moderate consumption—keg stands will not translate into even healthier hearts.

2 Freshens breath before or during a date
Any case of bad breath can be helped by a shot of vodka. The high alcohol content in vodka (and other alcohols) helps kill bad odor bacterias. Two pro tips: make sure to spit it out after use, and don't use any liquors with high sugar content, as they can eat away at all that healthy enamel.

3 It helps you become a genius
Drinking is definitely not going to turn us into lil'Einsteins, but alcohol does help keep our brains sharp. Ethanol helps the neurons in the brain resist wear and tear that can lead to Alzheimer's and dementia later in life.

4 It helps you look younger
Drinking is not known for helping people look their best, but the special antioxidants in wine (such asphytochemicals and resveratol) can increase energy levels and combat signs of aging.

5 It helps soothe soar throats
Not much of a voice to shout over that thumping bar music? Order another whiskey. Gargling some whiskey combined with a spoonful of warm water, can help ease pain by numbing the throat. As with the mouthwash, make sure you don't swallow the dose. We want to feel better, not get smashed by accident.

6 It helps get over malaria infections
The tonic (in gin and tonics) has historically been used to treat malaria infections. Tonic contains quinine, an alkaloid that also has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Much more effective solutions have been developed, but quinine (and tonic water) can still help in a pinch before proper medication can be administered.

7 Alcohol helps in boldness
Alcohol is the great uninhibitor, lubricating social interactions and making awkward situations a little less anxiety-inducing. Consuming alcohol can help us feel like we fit in at parties and temporarily boost confidence

8 It helps outrun the common cold
Two studies found that drinking alcohol was able to mediate the risk of getting a common cold. (Sorry, no studies suggest that drinkingwhile sickwill actually help).

source: http://greatist.com/health/alcoholic-drinks-benefits

cc: lalasticlala
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by ELTON123(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2015
If i hear grin
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by ELTON123(m): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
If i hear grin smiley smiley
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
ELTON123:
If i hear grin smiley smiley
say wetin undecided ?
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by Ahmed0336(m): 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2015
Coming from orijin101? we give uppppp

1 Like

Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ahmed0336:
Coming from orijin101? we give uppppp
Bro, trust orijin101 coz he will never lead you astraywink
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by dulux07(m): 10:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
undecided alcohol consumption should not be encouraged, d truth is, it does more harm than good.
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
dulux07:
undecided alcohol consumption should not be encouraged, d truth is, it does more harm than good.
Read my intro again bro wink
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by alberto2k(m): 4:22am On Mar 24, 2015
Guiness don send u to come advertise market for them ba undecided

Please change ya topic heading to

8 benefits of consuming Orijin grin grin

Abeg u owe me one bottle of orijin no mind those guys way dey ptetend grin
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by dulux07(m): 5:23am On Mar 24, 2015
Orijin101:

Read my intro again bro wink

I read it n i understood ur stand bro, but some ignorant ones, will only pick d good reasons as an excuse to continue or start drinking grin
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2015
dulux07:

I read it n i understood ur stand bro, but some ignorant ones, will only pick d good reasons as an excuse to continue or start drinking grin
That's one thing about we Nigerians, a little advantage will surely transform to disadvantage!
we are still uncivilized, that's why.
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 24, 2015
alberto2k:
Guiness don send u to come advertise market for them ba undecided

Please change ya topic heading to

8 benefits of consuming Orijin grin grin

Abeg u owe me one bottle of orijin no mind those guys way dey ptetend grin
That your head wey be like pear wey never ripe ehn undecided ?

I never settle you all the orijin wey i owe you?
Valmunich, come settle your case for here ooo coz na you dey keep records of the daily activities for industry
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by alberto2k(m): 9:48am On Mar 24, 2015
Orijin101:

Valmunich, come settle your case for here ooo coz na you dey keep records of the daily activities for industry
my headundecided undecided
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2015
alberto2k:
my headundecided undecided

Na me type that sh!t angry ?
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by alberto2k(m): 10:07am On Mar 24, 2015
Orijin101:

Na me type that sh!it angry ?
no... na your zick under the influence of orijin angry
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2015
alberto2k:
no... na your under the influence of orijin angry
Alberto!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
stop am na, abeg!!!
oya, ah promise you 5crates of orijinembarassed
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by alberto2k(m): 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
Orijin101:

Alberto!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
stop am na, abeg!!!
oya, ah promise you 5crates of orijinembarassed
grin grin
Re: 8 Healthy Benefits Of Consuming Alcohols by valmunich(m): 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
Orijin101:

LOL.. Oga this is not about kush nah.. Na your area be this. Weed na my own specialty

(1) (Reply)

14 Seemingly Harmless Things You Eat, Drink And Use Everyday That Could Kill You / No Medicinal Value In Cow-skin Consumption – Expert / Why Ladies Shouldn't Go To Sleep With Underwear -health Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.