Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC (3068 Views)

Nigerians Demands Amaechi's Sack / Akala Meets With Tinubu & Wife After Defecting To APC (Photo) / Ipalibo Gogo-Banigo, Rivers Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by viczing(m): 10:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
This one is a face saving story for apc, this show that the man is a heavyweight in there camp and they are disappointed he left all they could do is call him names and lay accusations

The Rivers State chapter of the All Progressives Congress has expressed joy over the exit of the state deputy governor, Tele Ikuru, from the party, describing him as a “mole” in the party.
Mr. Ikuru resigned his membership of the APC on Sunday, describing it “as a party of rebels, insurgents and anarchists clothed in robes of pretence and deceit”.
He also canvassed support for the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state, Nyesom Wike.
The governor, Chibuike Amaechi, has since expressed shock over the reasons given by his deputy for dumping the APC, which both of them joined in 2013.
In a statement, the Chairman of the APC in Rivers State, Davies Ikanya, described Mr. Ikuru’s exit as “good riddance to bad rubbish”.
He said, “Contrary to the thinking in some quarters, the defection of Engr. Tele Ikuru did not come to us as a surprise. Rather than being shocked, we feel relieved that he is no more part of us because Ikuru was a PDP mole in our midst all these while. Unknown to most people, Ikuru initially refused to leave PDP for APC with Governor Rotimi Amaechi in November 2013.
“However, after series of meetings with his uncle and political mentor, Chief Uche Secondus, the National Vice Chairman of PDP, and some other PDP bigwigs, he was prevailed upon to follow his principal into APC.
“Engr. Ikuru was asked to stay behind to monitor the activities of APC and most importantly to act as a mole for his uncle and plot the fall of APC in the State – a mission which he failed to accomplish because APC is not just a party in Rivers State but indeed a revolutionary movement fully embraced and jealously guarded by the people of the State.”
Mr. Ikanya alleged that the calculation of the PDP and Mr. Ikuru was that Mr. Amaechi would be impeached by hook or crook to clear the way for him (Ikuru) to assume as governor.
He said in keeping with the plot of making Mr. Ikuru the substantive governor, the PDP set in motion a machinery, to use five members of the State House of Assembly to impeach the Speaker, but the move was foiled by the Majority Leader, Chidi Lloyd, and other members of the House.
The APC chairman added that the plan was that after impeaching the Speaker, the five “renegade” lawmakers would go ahead to impeach Mr. Amaechi and subsequently declare Mr. Ikuru as the substantive governor.
“When this plot failed, Engr. Ikuru was asked to remain in APC in the hope that the Presidency would somehow find a way to force Gov. Amaechi out of office,” Mr. Ikanya said.
“As part of this plot, the Presidency contrived a crisis with regard to the appointment of a Chief Judge for the State but failed to actualise the appointment of Justice Daisy Okocha, who was expected to facilitate the impeachment of Gov Amaechi.
“When this plot failed, PDP resorted to the mobilisation of ex-militants from Bayelsa and Rivers states to protest in the State in the hope that this would result in an insecurity crisis to be used as an excuse by the Presidency to declare a state of emergency in Rivers and impose Engr. Ikuru as Governor.”
The APC chairman further explained that when all this failed, the deputy governor was asked to remain in APC in the hope that the party would give him its gubernatorial ticket or a senatorial ticket.
He stressed, “When this failed his uncle, Uche Secondus, advised him to stay on but this time to destabilize APC in his Andoni Local Government Area.
“Towards this end, Engr. Ikuru pocketed hundreds of millions of naira meant for the development of the party in Andoni and threw in the towel as he was about to be called to account for anti-party activities after asking his supporters not to attend the door to door rally held by Dr Dakuku Peterside, the APC gubernatorial candidate in February, 2015 and the women mobilisation organised by Dame Judith Amaechi the wife of the Governor of Rivers State few weeks ago.”
Mr. Ikanya said for some time now the deputy governor had stopped attending to his official duties or following the party to campaign rallies.
“We are, therefore, expectedly relieved by his exit and wish to call on our teeming supporters not to shed a tear as it will have no effect whatsoever on the fortunes of APC and its candidates in the forthcoming general elections in the State instead to thank God for removing a ‘Judas Iscariot’ in our midst,” the APC chairman said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178991-before-defecting-rivers-deputy-governor-plotted-amaechis-sack-apc.html

1 Like

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Pvin: 10:52pm On Mar 23, 2015
Strong
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Welrez(m): 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
NONSENSE!

8 Likes

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
Only fools will take apc news s undecided

9 Likes

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by fitzmayowa: 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2015
Plotted amaechi's sack how Is the deputy governor in contol of rivers state assembly I thought APC and amaechi is in control of the state assembly How come APC/amaechi never said anything before he defected If indeed he was plotting to sack amaechi as claimed, how come amaechi never pushed for his impeachment

This story doesn't add up....

7 Likes

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Kingspin(m): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2015
APC na children una go deceive.

1 Like

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by clevvermind(m): 11:21pm On Mar 23, 2015
i don't know that there are many comedians in apc. in short, all of them are comedians. grin

2 Likes

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by flyingdutchman(m): 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER TAKE SIDES WITH PDP/APC BULLSH*T. ONE WEIRD THING I NOTICED WAS WHEN THE FIVE GUYS WHO TRIED TO IMPEACH THE RIVERS STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY SPEAKER WITHOUT SUCCESS, AS SOON AS THE FRACAS SPILLED OVER, THE ONLY MAN WHO CALMED EVANS BIPI WAS TELE IKURU. SURPRISINGLY, EVANS BIPI LISTENED TO HIM. IN THAT VOLATILE ATMOSPHERE, IT WAS SOMEONE IN AMAECHI'S CAMP THAT WAS ABLE TO CALM BIPI. I FOUND THAT TO BE QUITE STRANGE.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU PEEPS BUT, FROM THE GODFATHER MOVIE PARTS 1,2 &3, I LEARNT THAT THE BRAIN BEHIND THE TROUBLE USUALLY TRIES TO PORTRAY HIMSELF AS THE PEACEMAKER.

FOR US NEUTRAL CITIZENS, THIS IS A BIG LESSON WE HAVE LEARNT, AND SHOULD APPLY IN OUR PLACE OF WORK. WHAT THESE POLITICIANS DON'T KNOW IS THAT WE CAN FIGURE THEM OUT.

MAN IS COLD!
MAN IS CONNIVING!
MAN IS DEADLY!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by menix(m): 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2015
Story for Snuff takers association...

1 Like

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Only fools will take apc news seriously undecided
Only fools make comments like yours.......

Wakacome

Welrez:
NONSENSE!
Nonsense thinking could make it beautifully look like a beautiful nonsense to you,but most things you might consider as nonsense later came out to make sense...when APC said that the election of Feb 14 will be shifted many people were abusing them and saying it is nonsense but guess what??what APC said happened and people realized that "nonsense can make sense""""

Wakacome

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by flyingdutchman(m): 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2015
I URGE BOTH PDP AND APC NAIRALANDERS TO LOOK BEYOND SUPPORTING GEJ AND GMB, AND ABSORB THE LESSONS FROM THE HISTORY BEING CREATED IN MODERN DAY NIGERIA. YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT AS YOU CLIMB HIGHER, AND BECOME GREATER

GEJ NIGERIA TILL FOREVER!
SAI BUHARI NIGERIA!
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
wakacome:

Wakacome
I swear down, ya no relevant at all for ma side. I no dhe send ya or tink say ya dhe exist, try do same for me. I hardly quote anybody here, do same. Look for ya mate and talk to. Won't mention ya cos ya nobody
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by flyingdutchman(m): 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
Moderator Front Page please!
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by OpeDwarroir: 11:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
APC can lie!
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I swear down, ya no relevant at all for ma side. I no dhe send ya or tink say ya dhe exist, try do same for me. I hardly quote anybody here, do same. Look for ya mate and talk to. Won't mention ya cos ya nobody
***Cry me a river,cry me a lagoon....E pain am...grin...

Wakacome.

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by ozo13(m): 12:01am On Mar 24, 2015
wakacome:
***Cry me a river,cry me a lagoon....E pain am...grin...

Wakacome.
grin grin grin
I see ya bro
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by emiye(m): 12:04am On Mar 24, 2015
flyingdutchman:
I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER TAKE SIDES WITH PDP/APC BULLSH*T. ONE WEIRD THING I NOTICED WAS WHEN THE FIVE GUYS WHO TRIED TO IMPEACH THE RIVERS STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY SPEAKER WITHOUT SUCCESS, AS SOON AS THE FRACAS SPILLED OVER, THE ONLY MAN WHO CALMED EVANS BIPI WAS TELE IKURU. SURPRISINGLY, EVANS BIPI LISTENED TO HIM. IN THAT VOLATILE ATMOSPHERE, IT WAS SOMEONE IN AMAECHI'S CAMP THAT WAS ABLE TO CALM BIPI. I FOUND THAT TO BE QUITE STRANGE.

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU PEEPS BUT, FROM THE GODFATHER MOVIE PARTS 1,2 &3, I LEARNT THAT THE BRAIN BEHIND THE TROUBLE USUALLY TRIES TO PORTRAY HIMSELF AS THE PEACEMAKER.

FOR US NEUTRAL CITIZENS, THIS IS A BIG LESSON WE HAVE LEARNT, AND SHOULD APPLY IN OUR PLACE OF WORK. WHAT THESE POLITICIANS DON'T KNOW IS THAT WE CAN FIGURE THEM OUT.

MAN IS COLD!
MAN IS CONNIVING!
MAN IS DEADLY!

OH my ! cheesy cheesy, never knew someone was sharing my silent thoughts.

I remember that video, and i shudder about the body language over 9 months ago, when it happened then , i had my suspicions, his body language was not something to take ordinarily, you understand the game o

1 Like

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by emiye(m): 12:08am On Mar 24, 2015
The kind gbege wey den plan for dat Amaechi no be small thing, evidently he i s a very strong guy to have survived till now.
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by viczing(m): 12:16am On Mar 24, 2015
[s][/s]
flyingdutchman:

MAN IS COLD!
MAN IS CONNIVING!
MAN IS DEADLY!

[s][/s] rubbish so if I calm people where violence is about to erupt am the cause You muse be serioxly ill

Lalasticlala is this news not worth fp??
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by papaejima1: 12:48am On Mar 24, 2015
And Amaechi knew he was a mole all this while without booting him out in his characteristic crude way?

Chai, All Progressives CONFIDENCE, make una take small small dey lie nah.

Even if una spokesman is named LIAR Mohammed, must you lie the one even nursery pupils go shake head at?

3 Likes

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by talktimi(m): 1:53am On Mar 24, 2015
So Amaechi knew all these things but still left Tele Ikuru on sit ? Amaechi wey everybody know ? APC sabi lie pass devil sha

1 Like

Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by anneedu: 2:31am On Mar 24, 2015
Your lies are been exposed so nothing to lie about here
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Welrez(m): 7:01am On Mar 24, 2015
wakacome:

Wakacome

Nonsense thinking could make it beautifully look like a beautiful nonsense to you,but most things you might consider as nonsense later came out to make sense...when APC said that the election of Feb 14 will be shifted many people were abusing them and saying it is nonsense but guess what??what APC said happened and people realized that "nonsense can make sense""""

Wakacome
Nonsense!
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by brainpower(m): 7:35am On Mar 24, 2015
Allegations are coming up cos of this man's decision. Let them say what they want but what we should understand is this. The man is the deputy governor and after due consideration if he had any belief that APC will win the election in the state, he wouldn't have left them. He has seen that less than a week to the election, they can't win it that's why he left to secure his political future.

Amaechi's case is a case of your house is on fire and you are busy chasing rats on the road. That man Dakuku seems to be a good man but Amaechi will be his curse and his blessing. Justice Agumagu who is arguably the most respected judge in the state has brought himself low as to be suspended by the NJC all cos of Amaechi.

As far as Rivers State is concerned, APC isn't going anywhere. Amaechi can't eat his cake and have it.

I leave with Tele Ikuru's words- "the more I struggle to belong to APC the more the Rivers man in me keeps rejecting it"
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Goddex: 7:36am On Mar 24, 2015
[size=40pt]Pure Blackmail[/size]
Amaechi is a sinking ship
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 24, 2015
I thought Amaechi denied being aware of his defection cheesy
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by BossTtdiamonds(m): 8:11am On Mar 24, 2015
At this stage, anything is possible..

Mods please do the needful..
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 24, 2015
Welrez:
Nonsense!
Yes as nonsense as your common sense...
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by ichidodo: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2015
Even though tis all bullsh**t patterned out to save APC's bruised ego, tbh, it does make an interesting block buster movie "Lord of the moles"..
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by HzRF(m): 8:51am On Mar 24, 2015
Lwkmd
See painment
Una go fear defection

U knw he's a mole yet u didn't get rid of him

While amaechi is playing fast 1 on APC in rivers state after knowing fully well that he will loose d state he try to align himself with the top
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by stinggy(m): 9:20am On Mar 24, 2015
Won't even read the story, I know it's coming from a pained heart.
It's expected though undecided
Re: Before Defecting, Rivers Deputy Governor Plotted Amaechi’s Sack – APC by Flets: 9:21am On Mar 24, 2015
If by chance Buhari wins this election, extremely hard times lies ahead for this country.

Definitely, the creeks will go haywire again, Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.

OBJ's use of JTF force could not help as no Oil producing company will risk producing crude and killing staff in a volatile region.

GEJ under Yaradua had to get down to the creeks to to talk to these boys and effect the amnesty program because they found him as a representation in government.

If after GEJ's achievements in almost all sectors, roads, bridges, railways, agriculture, automobile, alamajiri schools, new universities, fertilizer and ghost worker scam elimination, freedom of press, FOI, free and fair elections, power sector. .........etc, he is still booted out. It will be impossible to convince a ND minority albeit a militant that their own was not persecuted out of office. And that will be the theme of the new struggle. The long term solution to this mess is implementing the Confab report and enthroning true federalism.

While these persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investments will seize in all sectors.

And even if the troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one location along the multi- kilometre trunklines to continue to wreck havoc.

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015.

Cos the truth is that without crude proceeds for now, Nigeria is finished.

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.And then we will ask.... Why were we this silly?

And before you quote me, make sure you outline in clear terms how you or Buhari will avert this obvious calamity staring us in the face

Only last week, they creek boys seem to have resumed activities by kidnapping at Yoho facility operated by Exxonmobil and have shut in 80KBD already. Are we ready for this for the next 4 years?

The entire world stands to benefit from a crisis in the Niger delta. Its not a coincidence that USA who abandoned us at the height of bokoharam is busy shouting for change in govt . Crises in the ND will reduce supply of crude to the Oil market and that would drive up the price of crude for producing countries.... But at Nigeria's expense.

Nigerians.... Be Warned!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Winning In Lagos / Kwara State Was Formally A Yoruba State: What Went Wrong? / Photo: This Map Of Kebbi State Is On Another Level...lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.