Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan (761 Views)

Shell, GEJ, Etc Linked To One Of The Biggest Oil Corruption Scandal In History / This Is Exactly How Nigeria Will Look In 4 Years If..........(pictures Included) / Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by adioolayi(m): 7:10am On Mar 24, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has promised to eradicate corruption
in the nation’s oil sector in the next four years if re-elected during
Saturday’s Presidential election.
Jonathan made the promise in Lagos Sunday evening at a youth
event, tagged, “An unimaginable feat in sports”. The event was
meant to showcase his administration’s achievements in the sports
sector.
The event which ended in the early hours of Monday attracted
sports men and women, young professionals as well as beneficiaries
of the Federal Government’s scholarship schemes, among others.
While answering questions from one of the participants during an
interactive session at the event, the President promised to end the
stigmatisation of Nigerians in the international community because
of corruption.
He said his administration had succeeded in using technology to
tackle corruption in many areas, such as fertilizer distribution,
procurement and salary payment, among others, and will do the
same in the oil industry.
He said, “We are going into the oil sector. People talk about the oil
industry because that is an industry with a lot of people and a lot of
money is involved.
“But I promise you that in the next four years, we will sanitise the
oil sector.”
Jonathan regretted that the issue of corruption is being over-
celebrated in a manner that makes it looks as if the whole of the
country is corrupt.
He said all Nigerians must work together to ensure that the
stigmatisation of Nigerians is cleared.
The President also promised to work with the young people because
of his conviction that parents who do not encourage young ones are
preparing their families for extinction.
Specifically, he promised that he would give more youths under the
age of 40 years more opportunities to serve as ministers and heads
of government parastatals.
He said, “Before he left to go and participate in election as deputy
governorship candidate in Jigawa State, Nurudeen (former Minister
of State, Foreign Affairs) was a minister and he is below 40.
“Last week, we swore in the youngest female minister. She is also
about 40 years old.
“Apart from cabinet positions for under 40s, we are also appointing
young people as heads of parastatals.
“We want to continue to encourage those in youth-dominated
sectors, such as business, sports and entertainment industries too.
“I can assure you that we shall not go below what are currently
doing. I know you want more, vote for us and you will get it.”
Answering a question on poverty rate in the country, Jonathan put it
at 33.1 percent, as against the over 60 percent that he said some
people were brandishing.
He however added that the issue is not about the percentage but
about the desire of his government to impact more on the lives of
the people.
On the health sector, Jonathan highlighted the feats being achieved
by some tertiary health institutions in the country in the areas of
kidney transplant and heart surgeries.
He also mentioned the successes recorded in the fight against the
Ebola Virus Disease, guinea worm as well as polio.
He promised to do more for the sector, if re-elected.
Jonathan also reiterated his promise to institute special funds to
assist sports men and women, if re-elected.
Overall, he said better days were ahead for the country under his
leadership.
http://www.punchng.com/news/oil-sector-corruption-to-end-in-four-years-jonathan/
Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by alberto2k(m): 7:12am On Mar 24, 2015
Lie MOHAMMED undecided

1 Like

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by olas24u(f): 7:14am On Mar 24, 2015
grin grin Good luck
Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by iSmalles(m): 7:14am On Mar 24, 2015
OgaJona Abeg Rest We Want CHANGE....

I've been eating Eba for the past 16 years, I want Rice

3 Likes

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by drtwist(m): 7:15am On Mar 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by adioolayi(m): 7:16am On Mar 24, 2015
If wishes are horses....Is Mr President not tired of EMPTY PROMISES...If he is not, I am tired of hearing it from him. I think he doesn't have the idea of what he is saying after all he couldn't achieve it in his first term.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by MRLINGTON(m): 7:18am On Mar 24, 2015
Same promises they made during d first term

All na lie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 24, 2015
I hope you keep to these promises, when (if) you are re-elected. It is not enough to just keep making promises you know you will not keep. Promise and fail.
Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Young03(m): 7:20am On Mar 24, 2015
And dsame president said dat stealing is not corruption...hmmmm
i tire 4 naija oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Izontubo(m): 7:20am On Mar 24, 2015
E be like. U wan use person play o goodluck... angry....oil should be one of the easiest things to stop within your first four years...niger deltans will support you,but stop lieing... angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by hamaworld(m): 7:24am On Mar 24, 2015
Kai kai effect grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Lucasbalo(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2015
It shows the GCFR ( Grand Crook of Federal Republic ) is a liar. After almost six years at the helm with corruption all over him, now he wants another four years to fight corruption. What a shame for Nigeria to have a deceitful and inept man as a President. You can fool your know nothing supporters, but majority of Nigerians are tired of your deception . Few more days for you and your fellow looters of the commonwealth . Nigerians, your worst nightmare will be over soon. Nigerians deserve better than this inept and worthless leadership .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Chanchit: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2015
Foolish man, before I hear anything from ur clueless mouth you will have to vacate that sit first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 24, 2015
see dis guy we dey call president sha, after squandering 6 years of his administration 2 nonchalancy, Hw is it possible 4 him to regain d lost glory of Nigeria in 4 years with all those nincompoops he called his cabinet abi wetin dem dey call am.....abeg we need change fast

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Keegan: 7:48am On Mar 24, 2015
Don't worry yourself, please just go. Buhari and his able team will end it within a year God willing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by oduastates: 8:02am On Mar 24, 2015
Just pack your bags and go.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by omenka(m): 8:04am On Mar 24, 2015
When you resolve to show some restraint when addressing this man simply because of the office he occupies, he makes it very difficult for you. Mr president, this has got to be one of the most useless statements you've made so far. I think second to "I don't give a damn" or "how much did Jim Nwobodo stole?"

How many people have gone to jail for trillions stolen under the guise of fuel subsidy??

What a president.

2 Likes

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 24, 2015
I know these man can't be these dumb with some of his statements

1 Like

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by obiZEAL(m): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2015
lolz....GEJ and Bovi who funny pass?

2 Likes

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by gerald09(m): 8:21am On Mar 24, 2015
haba de jonna u want us to believe what u couldn't solve in 6 years or they couldn't stop in 60 years u want to stop in 4 u don ask patience ur madam. if she go gree.

1 Like

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by StOla: 8:30am On Mar 24, 2015
Give it up to the clown of the year, President I-will-do.

1 Like

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by omarlee(m): 8:34am On Mar 24, 2015
The goat and the yam presido is adding to the endless list of promises. While his goats are busy eaten our yam, he never spoke, now that the election is near he is promising to end it in more four years.

Vote out Mr goat in chief,GEJ in other to preserve our yam for the future unborn.

Vote GMB/PYO
for change

1 Like

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:27am On Mar 24, 2015
What has GEJ been doing all this while? You had 5 years to fight corruption, you did nothing; in fact, corruption became even worse! You now beg us to give you 4 more years to perfect your incompetence!

1 Like

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Pangea: 9:35am On Mar 24, 2015
Story for the Gees!

Abegii sir, stop the misyarns!
You can't give what you don't have!

You family for otuoke are waiting sir!

1 Share

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 24, 2015
That's the effect of raw weed and ogogoro on gej. he doesn't even know what he's saying again....corruption he couldn't stopped in 6 years with "stealing is not corruption " mentality, u think we are fools? Ta!

stewpid president grin

1 Like

Re: I Will End Oil Corruption In Four Years If Re-elected- President Jonathan by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:41am On Mar 26, 2015
Ok.
GEJ pls say Baba, say Buhari!

(1) (Reply)

Political Thugs Rob & Vandalize Motorists At PDP Lagos Rally(photos) / Inside Story On The Shooting Of Amaechi’s Convoy In Rivers / Our Family Share In The National Tears.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.