Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,068 members, 7,835,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January (6434 Views)

Poll: Which team's winning this one?

South Africa: 12% (3 votes)
Nigeria: 84% (21 votes)
Draw: 4% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Senegal: AYC 2015 Final (1 - 0) On 22nd March 2015 / Nigeria Vs Congo AYC 2015 (4 - 1) On 11th March 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by honeric01(m): 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2009
Ladan bosso, thank you for confirming to the whole world that you are surely a fluke, no game plan, those boys tried to play his game plan but failed, I want them to go all out on sunday and claim a 3:0 victory over CIV come sunday with individual talent and not with this useless game plan from bosso. How can he play that tall boy as a right winger? With a giant like that, all you need do is draft out a 433 formation, then let him be as a Cf and not RW. Screw u bosso, Well I'm happy @ the end, this should make them sit tight.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by friendl: 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2009
Nigeria have never had any straight run in anything they do , even in sport.it is not the coach or player"s fault it is the nigeria thing in them.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by morpheus24: 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2009
RSA:

It look like Nigeria is Gay because now we fukcing them,we are doing turn around its our turn.Eat that!

Go call up some your lesbian friends so I can impregnate them and we can have half Naija/ Half SA bastards will be the best combination for football you know

Big build, Big head( contains a larger brain to think better), slanty eyes so we have peripheral vision, corse hair(good for growing dada hair and an appetite for consuming tomboliquor/Umquoboti
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by Pepeye(f): 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2009
The Flying eagles weren’t flying afterall tongue
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by gozzilla(m): 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2009
Are you South African. Den i pity you. I pity you because i cann't imagine wanting to play you in the second round. If you get past the first round i go change nationality to zimbabwe.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by topkin(m): 10:52pm On Jan 22, 2009
grin I'm not surprised at all  grin
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by gozzilla(m): 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2009
Where is Siasia
Where is Siasia
Get him Now
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by alukstea(m): 2:00am On Jan 23, 2009
gozzilla:

Where is Siasia
Where is Siasia
Get him Now

I'm beginning to wonder if this isnt just mere Sentiments i wonder what Siasia needs to do to prove to the Board that he's the best Indigenous Coach left i wonder how this ladan Bosso got the Job in the first Place he doesnt even look like a Coach he looks like a Refugee and he talks rubbish they won Egypt he went like he strategised a game plan, I watched the SA match from start and from the first Mins those south African guys had the better plan i mean the coach knew what he had to do and he made sure the boys played to mode and his game plan was so straight they played Diagonal long balls and our guys just used strength all of them were so heavy all they could do was pull in one or two heavy Tackles they all looked like they've been Partying all night and have been on ladies lol they just didnt Impress me the only Guys who played for the shirt was Rabiu Afolabi and Kingsley Udoh , the captain and all others including Oseni just dont deserve to be in that team and funny enough Ladan Bosso doesnt know any football strategy and his Substitution is so so woeful
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by RSA(m): 7:39am On Jan 23, 2009
Mphahlele on Amajita teammates
Posted: 2009-01-22 21:43

In the latest edition of KICK OFF magazine, we speak to Ramahlwe Mphahlele, who gives us the lowdown on his Amajita teammates.

The Moroka Swallows defender pulls no punches in his in-depth, behind-the-scenes secrets on his Under-20 mates.

Here are just some of the things he has to say:

ON THULANI HLATSHWAYO
‘Mike Tyson’ is the biggest guy in the team and is very serious about his job. But, despite being so big, he is such a coward – this one time in Swaziland, he ran out of his room naked, claiming there was a snake in the shower, yet it was only a lizard. He didn’t even sleep in his room that night and chose to come and squeeze in with me in my single bed!

ON THULANI SERERO
This is the fattest, shortest and cleverest player, though not so skilful. He is obsessed about being the most handsome player in the team, but I don’t think he is. While he eats a lot, he also says that not playing at Ajax contributes to his bulging weight. Though he likes talking about girls and they also like him, he tends to chicken out when they come around. He once forgot his hotel room number while we were in Ethiopia and then got into a wrong room, where he was threatened with an AK-47 by some man who I suspect was with a woman.

ON MANDLA MASANGO
‘Kaká’ is the most popular player in the squad and keeps his head high all the time, regardless of how difficult the challenge is. But he just doesn’t seem to like talking.

ON PHUMELELE BHENGU
I was at the same school as ‘Ace’ since Grade 10, so I know him very well. He wanted to quit football and get a bursary to study, yet he wasn’t intelligent at school – I think he was confused at the time, but now I’m glad he made the right decision.

Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by RSA(m): 8:24am On Jan 23, 2009
RSA (m)
South Africa,Cape town

Sa Vs Nigeria Hoodoo Will End On Thursday
« on: January 20, 2009, 10:23 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a South African I believe that Nigeria's dominance over South Africa in compatitive competions of all national teams will end on thursday.
Nigeria has a good team,but our boys will start a new chapter for South Africa by become the first national team to beat Nigeria in a tournament.Score 2/1 to South Africa.

Report to moderator 196.211.143.50

I said it,and even predicted the score
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by lilberdie(f): 8:25am On Jan 23, 2009
@ ALLBOYZ

I am a South African woman living in SA and working here but planing to visit Nigeria soon.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by Mpele(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2009
It feels good! our under 20's have beaten the Nigerian under 30's. They came with their over sized worn out jersey and got humbled by Little South Africa.

Lets face it Nigeria is not a football powerhouse, they've been playing the ACN (African Cup of Nations) ever since it started but they've only won it twice. We only came in 1992 but have one under our belt and two World cup attendance. As far as I'm concerned the are only three football powerhouses in Africa. Good old Egyptians, Ghana and Cameroon. These three countries are so humble that they even go about their business in a quite manner.

As for our Abuja brothers, ooh GOD!
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by angelina08(f): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2009
Waooo South Africa bit Nigeria (2) (1) that is good.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by Rendani(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2009
being comfortable in whatever you do is dangerous, nigerians became too comfortable and arrogant thats why they lost.

The giant of africa lost.

on a serious note you guys should learn to accept defeat, just one defeat and you are already calling your coach insults.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by FBS: 10:10am On Jan 23, 2009
Agreed the game plan (if there was any) failed. The boys are down but not out. Let us learn how to accept defeat.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by rasputinn(m): 10:56am On Jan 23, 2009
@ OP,YEA RIGHT,WHO'S LAUGHING NOW

Criz gurl, just leave 'em eagles,eaglets,cockerels alone.They were begotten of the NFA/NFF/FFF,what does a score of F remind you of
Mark my word,we'll see more shockers on the continental scene

How bodi & work?
Koh yooooooooo
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by yarodin: 11:30am On Jan 23, 2009
I am very sure SA are going to shrine those boys and probably make the day they beat our under 20 team a national holiday. Did you see the way they were celebrating after they beat our boys? Yeah, they played very well and deserve the win but una never yet reach finals oooooooooh. But can we blame them? Afterall they are minnows when it comes to football, so any chance at beating big brother Nigeria calls for full celebration. Whether they win the tournament or not, mission has been accomplished grin/.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by ayusco: 11:56am On Jan 23, 2009
Mpele:

It feels good! our under 20's have beaten the Nigerian under 30's. They came with their over sized worn out jersey and got humbled by Little South Africa.

Lets face it Nigeria is not a football powerhouse, they've been playing the ACN (African Cup of Nations) ever since it started but they've only won it twice. We only came in 1992 but have one under our belt and two World cup attendance. As far as I'm concerned the are only three football powerhouses in Africa. Good old Egyptians, Ghana and Cameroon. These three countries are so humble that they even go about their business in a quite manner.

As for our Abuja brothers, ooh GOD!

Congrats u beat us but allow me to correct your errorenous statement about Nigeria not being football powerhouses in Africa anymore. Unlike your sentiment riden postulation above i'm going to outline my points with facts not hear-say

1. Nigeria last won the ACN in 1994, suspended for 2 editions came back in 2000 got all the way to the final(beatin SA along the way)lost on penalties(bad luck could happen to any one). 2002 lost in semis to Senegal of course we all know how crap they were then 2004 got to semis(beatin SA along the way 4-0) lost on penalties to host nation tunisia(bad luck could happen to any one) 2006 got to semis lost to 'rubbish CIV' 2008 lost in qtrs to Ghana

2. Qualified for 3 WC got to second round on 2 occasions. won soccer olympic gold & silver

now lets analyse SA

1. Won ACN back in 1996 on home soil NB: Nigeria wasn't there 1998 got to final outclassed by egypt 2000 well we all know what happened 2002 beaten by the powerhouse called Mali 2004 well we all know what happened 2006 totally brought a new defination to the term crap team 2008 took a young team failed again

2. Qualified for WC twice knocked out both even though group in easy group
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by yarodin: 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2009
My brother abeg take it easy now. You know this is a great achievement for SA, so let us allow them enjoy well well because this kind of thing only happens once every 100yrs. As I earlier said, winning the whole tournament is irrelevant to them, mission has already been accomplished.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by yarodin: 12:04pm On Jan 23, 2009
LOL I now see why they call Nigeria "Giant of Africa". We bring hope to minnows and help elevate their spirits.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by ayusco: 12:25pm On Jan 23, 2009
yarodin:

My brother abeg take it easy now. You know this is a great achievement for SA, so let us allow them enjoy well well because this kind of thing only happens once every 100yrs. As I earlier said, winning the whole tournament is irrelevant to them, mission has already been accomplished.

guy nothing do u jare just find it annoying that when evry tom, dick & minnow grin gets a win against us they come here & yan dust
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2009
These three countries are so humble that they even go about their business in a quite manner

Iam happy when i see my RSA brother and sisters talk about my powerhhouse nation. Outside soccer nija talk about USA cos we want to be like them. Same goes for RSA talking about nija in soccer. If we had won, nigerians would just have gone about their bizness like nothing had happen. It just goes to show their respect for us.

Can you imagine, they are all learning to speak our pigin: that's identifying with success. Or is it the miracle our booming music industry is doing. Anyway, you are wellcome RSA, and we can help teach you guys confidence, taking away your inferiority complex, especially your blacks. Or doesn't it astonish your the way we look your whites in the face and talk the talk(MTEL) in your own land. Such a thing is outsided your reach.

we still love you child, how else could we have spent so much fighting for your liberation from the shakkles of white oppresson
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2009
9ja goes to competitions to win trophy; RSA, to win 9ja. Ha ha ha

We talk the talk (MTEL), glo with pride (GLO) every where we go (your own MTN)
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by Mpele(m): 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2009
This is the funniest load of kak! I've ever heard in my whole life. South Africans feeling inferior ; shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by nedujizzy(m): 2:01pm On Jan 23, 2009
These three countries are so humble that they even go about their business in a quite manner

Iam happy when i see my RSA brother and sisters talk about my powerhhouse nation. Outside soccer nija talk about USA cos we want to be like them. Same goes for RSA talking about  nija in soccer. If we had won, nigerians would just have gone about their bizness like nothing had happen. It just goes to show their respect for us.

Can you imagine, they are all learning to speak our pigin: that's identifying with success. Or is it the miracle our booming music industry is doing. Anyway, you are wellcome RSA, and we can help teach you guys confidence, taking away your inferiority complex, especially your blacks. Or doesn't it astonish your the way we look your whites in the face  and talk the talk(MTEL) in your own land.  Such a thing is outsided your reach.

we still love you child, how else could we have spent so much fighting for your liberation from the shakkles of white oppresson

grin grin grin, am really having fun here, densel am with you all the way.
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by djcrucifix(m): 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2009
eeyahh! we've got to work hard on our next game
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by Mustay(m): 3:58pm On Jan 23, 2009
So Naija conceded her 1st goal agains SA and lost her 1st match against SA in any competition under BOZZO lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by tayoast(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2009
Mustay:

So Naija conceded her 1st goal agains SA and lost her 1st match against SA in any competition under BOZZO lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I EMPATHIZE WITH u.

But as life will have it, RECORDS ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN!!!

Did I hear sm1 say SA is our wife?
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by biggjoe(m): 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2009
South Africa ndi ball kwa. embarassed
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2009
i knew that egypt win (like most of us suspected) was a fluke. i strongly believe this man has (a) godfather(s) that keep on foistering him on the entire nation. this is the only logical conclusion going by his recent history of non-performance. i hope we don't qualify for the next round so he can be sacked because, believe you me, if he can as much as do that he job is guaranteed under the present NFF(?)[color=#006600][/color]
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by tainot2002(m): 7:12pm On Jan 23, 2009
Pray our boyz beat CIV o!
Re: AYC: South Africa(2) Vs Nigeria(1) On Thursday 22nd January by lalaboi(m): 9:58pm On Jan 23, 2009
Didnt know we had this much South africans on this forum, . . . . . . . .Until i checked this thread lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beijing 2008 Olympics - Boxing & The Rest / C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test / I Bet Many People Didn't See This During The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.