Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

How To Prepare Aubergine(eggplant) Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Aubergine(eggplant) Sauce (6547 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between Soup, Stew And Sauce? / Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Aubergine(eggplant) Sauce by EUI2013: 11:56am On Mar 24, 2015
The purple colour of aubergines is a giveaway that they are packed with antioxidants. This rich purple colour is so inviting that every time I see fresh ones, I just can't resist buying some, of course it helps too that it has a nice unique taste.
There are many ways aubergines can be prepared, one of the ways I like preparing mine is the way it used to be prepared in our house when I was growing up, it's similar to the way I prepare garden egg sauce.

Aubergines are super nutritious, they are good for the heart and the brain. They are also good for weight management.

Ingredients
3 large aubergines
1 onion bulb
2 fresh scotch bonnet or habanero
1/4 cup crayfish
3 tablespoons palm oil
2 seasoning cubes
Salt to taste

Method
Wash the aubergines and cut them up.

Pound crayfish and pepper together. Cut onion, set aside. Put palm oil in a pot, add pepper and crayfish mix into the pot when the oil just gets hot. Add cut onions after a few seconds, allow to fry until the aroma is released.

Add aubergines, seasoning cubes and salt, mix properly.  Allow to fry for a few minutes. Add 1/2 cup of water, stir properly and cover the pot. Cook until aubergine is soft, about 10 minutes. Don't forget to stir.

Correct seasoning, remove from heat and serve with yam, plantain, rice, potatoes or pasta.

Check out more delicious recipes @: www.korje.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Aubergine(eggplant) Sauce by EUI2013: 12:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
Re: How To Prepare Aubergine(eggplant) Sauce by EUI2013: 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
U guys just have to try this, its really is delicious cool
Re: How To Prepare Aubergine(eggplant) Sauce by ricki: 11:43am On Mar 29, 2015
but i dont get the steps still
Re: How To Prepare Aubergine(eggplant) Sauce by beckyomas(f): 9:12am On Mar 30, 2015
looks delicious, just the way i like it but i havent seen this purple egg plant, i know the regular garden egg. Will try it when i see it.
Re: How To Prepare Aubergine(eggplant) Sauce by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
I love this stuff. I can live on it.

(1) (Reply)

Curry Chicken / Mcdonalds Vs Mr. Bigg's / When She Says Cooking Is Her Hobby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.