Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria (14565 Views)

How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by ThisTrend(f): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
It been a while since I pen recipes, so I decided to share this Simple recipe, with the help of 9jafoodie.

Plantain is lower in calories and carbohydrate however it’s significantly higher in sugar than cassava. If you are counting calories or on a low carb diet, plantain fufu is a much better option however if you are sugar sensitive, stick with cassava based fufu.

Ingredients
*. 1 large unripe plantain

*. 2/3 cup water

Directions for Cooking
*. Peel and cut the plantain into small pieces

*.Combine plantain and water in a blender. puree to a smooth paste.

*. Pour the plantain puree into a pot, set on high heat

*. Stir the mixture with a spatula until the puree begin to cuddle. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to stir until you have a stretchy dough

*. Serve the fufu and set aside to cool (this will harden the fufu a little more)

Enjoy with your choice of soup.

Note: If you will prefer a darker color similar to Amala, simply freeze the fresh plantain before use.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/06/recipe-how-to-prepare-plantain-fufu-in.html?m=1

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
All these slay Queens will not come and learn this one now...

Rosieluv come and learn

16 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Ishilove: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
Wow! This is so creative.

It reminds me of my mother's utala oka. Corn meal.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know how to prepare it but I do know that the end product is a cross between semo and fufu. Absolutely delicious!!

8 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Pamelayoung: 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
Nice! I will try this
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by ThisTrend(f): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2017
Ishilove:
Wow! This is so creative.

It reminds me of my mother's utala oka. Corn meal.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know how to prepare it but I do know that the end product is a cross between semo and fufu. Absolutely delicious!!

Help send to FP...
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Swissheart(f): 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
I'll try this.
Nice of you to share.

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by brunofarad(m): 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
undecided
Have not really heard of plantain fufu

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by teamsynergy: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
ma gal shall try dis
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by kidman96(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
Which one be plantain fufu again naaaa?

7 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
What does it taste like? And don't say plantain.....
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by ikorodureporta: 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
But u did not add any fufu to the plantain paste, why call it plantain-fufu

Oya come & order.....

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
Swissheart:
I'll try this.
Nice of you to share.

Prepare it, so we can chop togeda
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by kinibigdeal(m): 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
Plantain Fufu Is just like using sugar to eat soup

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Mrbaz1: 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
Okkkayyyy
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by lilyheaven: 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
Plantain in my area is very costly
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by twilliamx(m): 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by jeeqaa7(m): 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
i dont know why i am here
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by kabillion(m): 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
Plantain fufu! Nigerians, desperate time call 4 desperate measures.

5 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by francisbiz: 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
dingbang:

Rosieluv come and learn
You mean pinging and noodle ladies? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Phi001(m): 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
Fufu from cassava is bad enough and now you're telling me you can get it from plantain too?

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by merits(m): 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
how wife product.see woman prepare a very simple meal.but all this slay ladies out there can frustrate some one live with indomie and fast food.

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by peaceway(m): 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
kinibigdeal:
Plantain Fufu Is just like using sugar to eat soup

Plantain are of different type mister man
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Youdondeymad: 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
Weldone op,I'd try this one day

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by peaceway(m): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2017
francisbiz:
You mean pinging and noodle ladies? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i dey tell you
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by sirfee(m): 9:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
Very informative,those people wey dey form porsh no be by force o.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by kinibigdeal(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
peaceway:

Plantain are of different type mister man
Name them
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Nollynude: 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2017
ThisTrend:

Help send to FP...

She no be mod, she lost relevance
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2017
Wow
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
ThisTrend:

Help send to FP...

Please to ACH me his to make the flour one that is the one that has already being dried and grounded into flour .
My own dey get pimples when I make it grin

Is that you on your profile ,you fine oooooo.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by iaamxavier(m): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hian! Which one is plaintain fufu again? Iyam understanding I'm still wondering how'll taste seff!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by rosieluv(f): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
dingbang:

Rosieluv come and learn
;you are my teacher
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Plantain Fufu In Nigeria by dingbang(m): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2017
rosieluv:

;you are my teacher
good girl

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand Your Nylon For Bread, Flour, Chicken, Cow, Shrink Nylon At LK STEAD PRINTS / FAO Issues Alert On Food Poisoning In Lagos, Kano, Other Cities / Nigerian Vegetarians i.e. Vegetarians In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.