Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

"The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega (31491 Views)

The Card Reader Failure. One Solution Found. (pls Share) / Picture Of INEC Card Reader Reading A PVC / Presidency, PDP Reject Card Reader For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Solutioncrib: 12:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
Prof. Attahiru Jega Enlight People On Funtions of Card Reader.

"The card reader does the following"- Prof. Attahiru Jega

"4 Things The Card Reader Does:

1) Reads Only INEC Issued PVCs

2) Voter Verification Using embedded chip.

3) Voter authetification using biometrics

4) Keep PVC Record"

- Prof. Attahiru Jega
INEC National Chairman.

Check The Photo Below About The Functions Of Card Readers:

Source: http://dailyafricagist.com/discussion/2841/suggest

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by clevvermind(m): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
Apc will dare not complain this time if they lose. They should prepare to accept their lose in good faith like fayose said.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by temitemi1(m): 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by steppin: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Even if APC members were given Resident commisioners in this election, they'll still cry foul.
It's what they do! Cry whenever their plans go south and rejoice when it comes to pass.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
I just hope voters like myself would not be intimidated by Security and party agents...

I still cant get the picture of how a ballot box was snatched at the 2011 polls.. The card reader now would put a stop to that...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by omolami: 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2015
since the card reder is new and was not advisable for Ekiti and Osun states election that was keenly contested why insisting that it be used for Presidential elction. Are the card reader old now or the presidential election is less keenly contested? why the double rousy mr jega? Note that nigerians will not accept inconclusive election

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Realdeals(m): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
Is that so!

How Does INEC Card Reader Works?

• A voter shall present himself at a polling unit with his/her PVC for accreditation
• An officer at the PU shall scan the PVC and the voters fingerprint
• The Card Reader shall compare both fingerprints, if there is a match, indicates that the bearer of the card owns the card
• The Card Reader shall store the VIN of the scanned card and the accreditation status- Successful or Failed

Read the rest here and view the graphical illustration

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ok....Prof.

If indeed, the elections shall hold this weekend, we need the timelines:

1. What time should we visit the polling unit?
2. What time would accreditation end?
3. What time can we start to vote? I mean the proper election wink
4. What time would voting end?
5. What time should we expect the final result? I mean can we start to compute the results ourselves at the Polling Unit.
6. What time should we expect the smoke from the Chimney? I mean at what stage can we predict the winner.
7. What time should we sit to hear the announcement of Gen. Buhari as President wink

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Aare2050(m): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
Oya shoki
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by CR77(f): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by yomalex(m): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
It's revolutionary.

1 Like

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by thinkdip(m): 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
nice one Gej all the way..... stamp and sealed

1 Like

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by 190theclown: 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
wow i almost made front page

btw can we vote in newyork cos i havent seen any ballot boxes around here undecided
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by youngwarlocks: 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
noted
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Vicjustice: 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2015
Whatever it does is OK as long as Buhari wins

3 Likes

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Bashirfuntua(m): 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
no
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
yomalex:
It's revolutionary.

Indeed....
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by skentelelady(f): 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
Solutioncrib:
Prof. Attahiru Jega Enlight People On Funtions of Card Reader.
"The card reader does the following"- Prof. Attahiru Jega
"4 Things The Card Reader Does:
1) Reads Only INEC Issued PVCs
2) Voter Verification Using embedded chip.
3) Voter authetification using biometrics
4) Keep PVC Record"
- Prof. Attahiru Jega
INEC National Chairman.
Check The Photo Below About The Functions Of Card Readers:

Source: http://dailyafricagist.com/discussion/2841/suggest

With the bolded, GEJ and PDP are already peeing in their pants cheesy cheesy

Thanks Jega! Just give us free and fair elections

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by CR77(f): 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
tongue tongue
myhoodlink:
Good info from Jega here. Thanks MOD for moving this to fp. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by CaptainAmerica1: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
I appreciate this man's effort

God bless Jega.

I hope it curtails rigging.

Meanwhile, we want J.E.G.A. out (Jonathan Ebele Goodluck Azikiwe)

4 Likes

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by xynerise: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
Sai Buhari!!!!

Sai GEJ!!!!

I am indifferent grin

1 Like

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by alaoeri: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
One thing is certain, its will prevent PDP from rigging. cool
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by CR77(f): 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
G for ur girl friend.
skentelelady:
g
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Meringe(m): 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
I'm still sceptical of this card reader and this coming election. An adhoc staff told me that on the process of the election, if the staff mistakenly press "communicate with inec" on the screen that the card is done with accreditation that day. What if a particular party decided to line up their members first for accreditation and decided to communicate to inec, that means, the will win the election disenfranchising other voters.

I wish and pray that inec gets it right.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by bigv(m): 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Thumbs up Jega. The best INEC chairman we've had. I bet if his 'Sins' were too grievous he would have succumbed to the whims of the PDP or could have been blackmailed.

Whether he is corrupt or not, one fact you can't ignore is that he's the best INEC chairman this country has produced.

#MyHumbleSubmission

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by CR77(f): 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
U well so?
Meringe:
Car
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Mekus68: 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
For those that sold their PVCs, how does it detect that such cards were sold, stolen?
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2015
Jega is a foooool
And most go!!!
Re: "The Card Reader Does The Following"- Jega by texazzpete(m): 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
omolami:
since the card reder is new and was not advisable for Ekiti and Osun states election that was keenly contested why insisting that it be used for Presidential elction. Are the card reader old now or the presidential election is less keenly contested? why the double rousy mr jega? Note that nigerians will not accept inconclusive election

This makes absolutely no sense.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna Refinery Restarts Production / Ope Sowore To Buhari: 'My Children And I Want My Husband Back Home' / Soldiers Humiliate Civilians At Fatgbems Filling Station,Mile 2,Lagos(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.