Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions (724 Views)

Open Letter From Christians/atheist/theist/pagans To NL Seun Osewa / Christians: Answer These Questions Honestly / Muslims Are Expected To Know The Truth From Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions by Trustworthiness: 12:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
Please i need christians who are well knowledgeable about the teachings of Jesus Christ to help in answering the following questions.

1. What is the Concept of God in Christianity?

2. Who is Jesus? God, Son of God, Son of Man?

3. If the word Christian derived from christ, which means follower christ. Then what are we going to call Jesus christ himself?

4. Following the question 3 above, what is the religion of christ.

5. Why do we have gospel "ACCORDING TO" Mark, Matthew, Luke, John etc and not Gospel "BY" JESUS or "ACCORDING TO" JESUS? Not even gospel BY Mark, Matthew, Luke, John etc?

Please, make reference to Jesus statements from the Bible to prove your point. And let be mature in the answering of the Question.
Re: Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions by Emusan(m): 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
Trustworthiness:
Please i need christians who are well knowledgeable about the teachings of Jesus Christ to help in answering the following questions.

Are you knowledgeable enough to accept the truth?

God is the creator of heavens and earth, who has no beginning and end, and who has shown His love as a Father to us by sending His ONLY Son to die for our death.

Both and not only these because Jesus has many names & titles and they all signify to something.

3. If the word Christian derived from christ, which means follower christ. Then what are we going to call Jesus christ himself?

The Master who gave His life as a ransom to many.

Judaism.

5. Why do we have gospel "ACCORDING TO" Mark, Matthew, Luke, John etc and not Gospel "BY" JESUS or "ACCORDING TO" JESUS? Not even gospel BY Mark, Matthew, Luke, John etc?

Gospel simply means "Good News" so if you complete it, it will read "The GOOD NEWS ACCORDING TO Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
Jesus didn't write any book but don't confuse the meaning of GOSPEL with BOOK, the life of Jesus is the GOSPEL itself.

Allah said he gave Jesus The Gospel have you ever asked yourself what is the GOOD NEWS given to Jesus is all about?

Please, make reference to Jesus statements from the Bible to prove your point. And let be mature in the answering of the Question.

No need for this now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions by alienvirus: 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hmm. All Christians practice Judaism. So revealing.
Re: Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions by ammyluv2002(f): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2015
alienvirus:
Hmm. All Christians practice Judaism. So revealing.
Not all Christians in fact some don't even believe Judaism is also a way which one can get to God just like @Emusam said
Re: Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions by ammyluv2002(f): 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
Emusam......Weldone!
Re: Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions by Trustworthiness: 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
[quote author=Emusan post=31950155][/quote]

Are you knowledgeable enough to accept the truth?

Did you have the knowledge of what you were thought at school before your teacher thought what he/she thought you? This is a response from an individual that is ready to pour out nonsense for the gullible to accept by force.

God is the creator of heavens and earth, who has no beginning and end, and who has shown His love as a Father to us by sending His ONLY Son to die for our death.
Quote relevant verse from the Bible to support you claim please.

Both and not only these because Jesus has many names & titles and they all signify to something.

If Jesus is both, why the statements in the following verses from the bible?
A) Matthew 17: 13-17
13. When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14. They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15. “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16. Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17. Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.

B). Matthew 15: 1-5
1.Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked,
2. “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”
3. Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?
4.For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ a and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’
5. But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’
6. They are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition.

C). Matthew 19: 16-17
16. And Behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall i do, that i may have eternal life?
17. And he said unto him, why callest thou good? there is none good but one, that is God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

From the few quoted verses from the bible above, Jesus never claim to be God but address himself as Son of Man. While his disciple address him as Son of God.

3. If the word Christian derived from Christ, which means follower Christ. Then what are we going to call Jesus Christ himself?

The Master who gave His life as a ransom to many.
I don’t think you are paying attention to my questions. That is why I requested for a knowledgeable Christian to answer my question. Did you pass your English Exam(s) at all?
May be I should reframe the question for you: If the word Christian is derived from Christ, which means followers of Christ. Is Jesus a Christian as well? That is, follower of himself?

Judaism.
If the religion of Jesus Christ is Judaism, why do we have another religion called Christianity?

Gospel simply means "Good News" so if you complete it, it will read "The GOOD NEWS ACCORDING TO Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John
Jesus didn't write any book but don't confuse the meaning of GOSPEL with BOOK, the life of Jesus is the GOSPEL itself.

Allah said he gave Jesus The Gospel have you ever asked yourself what is the GOOD NEWS given to Jesus is all about?
Just as I have said, you are not paying keen attention to the questions. It is either you lack the understanding of English language, Ignorant about the religion of Christianity, beating of the bush, or trying to skip the content of the question. Because, I am not asking you what is the meaning of Gospel.
If you look at my question properly, I highlighted the words “ACCORDING TO” and “BY”.
In English language, when you say “According To”, it means someone else is narrating event or what someone else believes in. In other words, the person narrating it may not necessary believe in it but just narrating the event or believe of the person he is narrating. For instance, Gospel According to Mark, means there is someone that write down what Mark believes about what Jesus preaches. And Definitely, notMark that wrote the Gospel himself and probably not withness the written of the Gospel.
While, “By” means the Gospel is written by Mark himself.

No need for this now.

Please, next time try not to be in a rush to answer question you have no knowledge of. Consult the knowledgeable one first.
Re: Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions by Sanchez01: 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
Trustworthiness:
Please i need Christians who are well knowledgeable about the teachings of Jesus Christ to help in answering the following questions.

Just like Emusan mentioned, God is the Head and the Creator of the world. - Gen:1- mentions this. He created ALL things and is seen as the Godhead in the Trinity (The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) and ALL three were available at the time of Creation. Gen 1:1 states GOD created the heavens and the earth, while the Spirit (the Holy Spirit) moved upon the face of the deep. John 1:1-5 gives an insight to how Christ functioned at the creation of the world. Thus, all three were available in birthing all things, with God as the Godhead in the Trinity.

Jesus is Christ, though known by many names. I would not want to bore this response by listing His diverse names, but the Bible, from the Old to the New Testament described Him with diverse names (Isa 9:6). Again, He is described as the 'Son' in the Trinity. I John 5:7 authoritatively confirms this "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Son -go back to John 1 to know whom is known as "The Word) , and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Funny, “Christ” [/i]comes from the Greek word [i]"Christos," meaning “anointed one” or “chosen one.” This is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word "Mashiach", or “Messiah.” “Jesus” is the Lord’s human name given to Mary by the angel Gabriel (Luke 1:31). “Christ” is His title, signifying Jesus was sent from God to be a King and Deliverer (see Daniel 9:25; Isaiah 32:1). “Jesus Christ” means “Jesus the Messiah” or “Jesus the Anointed One.”.

Bearing this in mind, the word "Christian" was initially an adjective as the people of Antioch meant to use it derogatorily. It was later accepted in good fate and it eventually became a noun. Christ never called them Christians, people did. Hence, Jesus "Christ" is simply enough.

4. Following the question 3 above, what is the religion of Christ.
God did not tell the likes of Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Lot, Noah, Elijah, Ezekiel, Samuel, Hosea and Hezekiah of a particular religion. He DID NOT hand them a religion, just that they were are special people. In a similar fashion, Christ did not come with a religion. He only came as the Son in the Trinity to give example of what the followers of God should live like.

Today, Christianity is seen as a religion, to which I tell people it is not. Christianity is a way of life. Christ is the reflection, the mirror by which we are to see ourselves, listen to His teachings, do the things He says and act accordingly, just like Him though. So, saying one is a Christian is saying one is a follower of Christ but note that THERE IS NO RELIGION HERE. Christianity has come to stand as the word signifying the teachings and followership of Christ.

You seem to know one or two things about the Scriptures, and you should as well know that the several Gospels of Mark, Matthew, Luke and John are simply accounts pointing towards the same direction - Christ (the Gospel, theme and the message). This explains why an account in Mark could differ in reportage from the one in Matthew or Luke, though they all point to the same thing which is projecting Christ (the Gospel) and the mighty works He carried out. The "Good News" were from several view points.

What you should have asked is "What are the Synoptic Gospels"?

The Synoptic Gospels are the first three books of the New Testament, Matthew, Mark, and Luke. These three books plus John are called the “Gospels” because they chronicle the good news of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection—the basis of our salvation. The Gospel of Matthew was written by Matthew the apostle, one of the twelve commissioned by Jesus. The Gospel of Mark was written by John Mark, a close associate of the apostle Peter. The Gospel of Luke was written by Luke the physician, a friend and traveling companion of the apostle Paul.

The first three Gospels are called “synoptic” because they “see together with a common view” (the word synoptic literally means “together sight”). Matthew, Mark, and Luke cover many of the same events in Jesus’ life—most of them from Jesus’ ministry in Galilee—in much the same order. Nearly 90 percent of Mark’s content is found in Matthew, and about 50 percent of Mark appears in Luke. All of the parables of Christ are found in the Synoptics (the Gospel of John contains no parables).

There are differences, too. Matthew and Luke are both considerably longer than Mark. Matthew was written for a Jewish audience, Mark for a Roman audience, and Luke for a broader Gentile audience. Matthew quotes extensively from the Old Testament, and his oft use (32 times) of the phrase “the kingdom of heaven” is unique—it’s not found anywhere else in the Bible. Luke places a definite emphasis on Jesus’ acts of compassion toward Gentiles and Samaritans. Much of Luke 10—20 is unique to that Gospel.

The difficulty in explaining the similarities and differences among the Synoptic Gospels is referred to as the Synoptic Problem in the world of biblical scholarship. In the final analysis, the Synoptic “Problem” is not much of a problem at all—God inspired three Gospel writers to record the events surrounding the same Person (Christ) during the same part of His life in the same locations, yet with slightly different emphases aimed at different readers.

Please, make reference to Jesus statements from the Bible to prove your point. And let be mature in the answering of the Question

For an example of agreement in content see Mt 9:2–8; Mk 2:3–12; Lk 5:18–26. An instance of verbatim agreement is found in Mt 10:22a; Mk 13:13a; Lk 21:17.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Request From Christians Answer To The Following Questions by malvisguy212: 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
Sanchez01 and emasun God bless you both for the wonderful answer.

Op you ask this same question to the other thread which I reply you, I will reply to your number 5 question.

5.Jesus did not speak his own word but
the word which the father gave Him;
John8:38 >>>> I SPEAK THAT WHICH I HAVE SEEN WITH MY FATHER: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
And in john 8:40 it say>>>>But now ye
seek to kill me, a man that hath TOLD YOU THE TRUTH, which I have HEARD OF GOD: this did not Abraham.

His message was not primarily about
Himself, but rather the good news that
the Father ordained to be announced on earth.
>>>> John 14:24 He that loveth me not
keepeth not my sayings: and the WORD which ye hear is NOT MINE, but the FATHER'S which sent me.

So Jesus did not write any gospel,the
quran claimed Allah gave Jesus a book,
we the christians are the one's supposed to ask, WHERE IS THE BOOK?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can A Demon Overpower A Christian? / Cleanliness Is Next To Holiness / Find-your-life-path-number-in-numerology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.