Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ (1613 Views)

Northern Youths Meet Again To React To El-Rufai Over The Sack Of Igbos / Northern Youths Sack Of Igbos: Afenifere, MASSOB, ADC, IYM, Others React / Mass Exodus Hits Hausa (northern) Community In Bayelsa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by san316(m): 3:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
I have observed recently that a lot of people, especially igbos have been leaving their states of residence to probably the east. this is majorly due to the uncertainties accompanying the forthcoming elections. many igbos in my neighborhood and even around my work place, there is mass movement of people out of Abuja.

The question is: Since igbos form the bulk of gej's supporters how will they be able to vote when they have left where they registered for elections? There are many hausas I know who are traveling but their journey is for the purpose of voting.

So all the igbos screaming GEJ till. .. how can you vote gej when you are far from your polling unit?.

To me, I think INEC should make the PVC universal in such a way that wherever you are. you can vote for your candidate.
Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by Gboliwe: 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
san316:
I have observed recently that a lot of people, especially igbos have been leaving their states of residence to probably the east. this is majorly due to the uncertainties accompanying the forthcoming elections. many igbos in my neighborhood and even around my work place, there is mass movement of people out of Abuja.
The question is: Since igbos form the bulk of gej's supporters how will they be able to vote when they have left where they registered for elections? There are many hausas I know who are traveling but their journey is for the purpose of voting.
So all the igbos screaming GEJ till. .. how can you vote gej when you are far from your polling unit?.
To me, I think INEC should make the PVC universal in such a way that wherever you are. you can vote for your candidate.

Just remember this talk when you bring out your figures- number of actual voters on the 29th. A lot of people are leaving the north in huge numbers so the numbers to vote there has been greatly decimated. It doesn't matter who those who left would have voted for, it matters most that the actual figures of voters be counted correctly.

And as per the making the PVC universal, I have thought towards that line previously. It will make enough sense

3 Likes

Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by vanilson(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
Sai GENERAL Akintunde MOHAMMADU okechukwu BUHARI

Vote #CHANGE

2 Likes

Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by san316(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
Gboliwe:

Just remember this talk when you bring out your figures- number of actual voters on the 29th. A lot of people are leaving the north in huge numbers so the numbers to vote there has been greatly decimated. It doesn't matter who those who left would have voted for, it matters most that the actual figures of voters be counted correctly.

And as per the making the PVC universal, I have thought towards that line previously. It will make enough sense

Seriously, it is another way ppl disenfranchise themselves
Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2015
Are northerners not leaving east?

1 Like

Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by bokohalal(m): 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
DivideUs:

How many Northerners in the East compared to Easterners in the North?
Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by san316(m): 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
DivideUs:

Northerners are natural travellers. when they leave the east, it is because they are going to vote. but the igbos don't travel that much. only business takes them out of their States .
Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by Collynzo9: 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2015
Though I would have preferred them to remain and vote Jonathan but Igbos travelling out of the north is a loss for Buhari because their votes have already been mistakenly counted as Buhari's by those doing election permutation and analysis.

For example, if out of the 4 million votes in Kano, 1 million belongs to Igbos and other southerners many of whom have travelled or won't come out to vote on that day due to fear, it means that the 4 million Kano votes allocated to Buhari by analysts has already been reduced by 1 million and that is where his loss begins...

1 Like

Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by Collynzo9: 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
san316:

Northerners are natural travellers. when they leave the east, it is because they are going to vote. but the igbos don't travel that much. only business takes them out of their States .
So the northerners in the east are there for tourism and not business?

1 Like

Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by Collynzo9: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
bokohalal:

How many Northerners in the East compared to Easterners in the North?
No statistics to confirm that, but there are many northerners in the east.
The slight difference is that the northerners did their registration in the north while Igbos do theirs wherever they find themselves.
Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by kasiem(m): 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
One thing I love about the card readers is that there will low voter turn out in the north cos the igbos won't be intimidated out while northerners will use their slots to fill in votes for buhari. Moreover, so many igbos are staying back unlike before, the entrance of soldiers have given them confidence
Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by Adetula1(m): 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2015
if you understand the North very well,you will not gamble your precious live staying behind cos you want to vote.jeez!... most of them are unactivated BH ooo.no value for life and kill at the slightest provocation.
Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by Caseless: 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
The situation is similar to that of kano.
Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by Caseless: 10:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
kasiem:
One thing I love about the card readers is that there will low voter turn out in the north cos the igbos won't be intimidated out while northerners will use their slots to fill in votes for buhari. Moreover, so many igbos are staying back unlike before, the entrance of soldiers have given them confidence
this is how some of you sit in ur room and cook lies. Where in the north are u staying? Ok! Most igbo i have met either tell u they are staying indoor on election day or they're travelling back to the SE.
Re: Exodus Of Igbos: Implication For GEJ by kasiem(m): 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
Caseless:
this is how some of you sit in ur room and cook lies. Where in the north are u staying? Ok! Most igbo i have met either tell u they are staying indoor on election day or they're travelling back to the SE.
I have families in maidugri so stop all this ur rubbish talk. Infact, it is only my dad and mum that is based in the east, all other of our families are in the north and they are not coming back. They are also telling us that they are going to vote on election day

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Your Goodwill Messages For President Goodluck Jonathan / APC Candidates Declared Winners Of 2 Federal Constituencies In Lagos / Filipino Lady In Indonesia Gets 12th Hour Miracle!!!!!!!!!!god Is Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.