Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? (4366 Views)

Nigeria Ranked 5th Most Dangerous Place For Americans To Visit / Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User / South Africans Blast Nigerians On Facebook: "Nigerians Must Be Deported" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by sarmiie(m): 5:35pm On Apr 15, 2015
qbd2:

Yeah right, but not all of them r dat bad.

its just like in every society.....
not everyone would be emotionally deficient.
their women that i've met, and the guys in school arent bad..

my friends who work, tho, paint a very different picture
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Originalsly: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hmmm....I hear you!...."they hated and insulted me first"....so I would bear a life long hatred for them! .... and we wondering why they don't generally get along!
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2015
sarmiie:

its just like in every society.....
not everyone would be emotionally deficient.
their women that i've met, and the guys in school arent bad..

my friends who work, tho, paint a very different picture
True talk
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by sarmiie(m): 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2015
qbd2:

True talk

a sad incident happened tho....

one of my AA guys told about how his mom traced his ancestry to nigeria, and even further as yoruba.
he was talking about osun and orishas and was proud of it. i felt all mushy and decided to introduce him to some of my nigerian uncles (not family, but in terms of age and respect).

let's just say, it didnt go well.
we still talk, but not as much.
n thus, what might have been a beautiful friendship died before its time.

so i guess its a matter of experience.
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
sarmiie:

a sad incident happened tho....

one of my AA guys told about how his mom traced his ancestry to nigeria, and even further as yoruba.
he was talking about osun and orishas and was proud of it. i felt all mushy and decided to introduce him to some of my nigerian uncles (not family, but in terms of age and respect).

let's just say, it didnt go well.
we still talk, but not as much.
n thus, what might have been a beautiful friendship died before its time.

so i guess its a matter of experience.
Hmm what did ur uncles do dat pissed him off? Or was it pure miscommunication?
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm....I hear you!...."they hated and insulted me first"....so I would bear a life long hatred for them! .... and we wondering why they don't generally get along!
Yes, dats what we r discussing here. Should we keep treating each other dat way?

1 Like

Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by sarmiie(m): 4:18am On Apr 16, 2015
qbd2:

Hmm what did ur uncles do dat pissed him off? Or was it pure miscommunication?

it's the stylish insults jare...nothing so obvious, but the dude was an emotionally intelligent guy, so tho he didnt understand pidgin, he still got d "Bleep off" vibe dey were giving off.....

it was my fault for bringing him. they honestly didnt wanna meet him, but me being emotional and all over the connecting with naija thing, i kinda forced the issue.

i still cringe remembering it
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
sarmiie:

it's the stylish insults jare...nothing so obvious, but the dude was an emotionally intelligent guy, so tho he didnt understand pidgin, he still got d "Bleep off" vibe dey were giving off.....

it was my fault for bringing him. they honestly didnt wanna meet him, but me being emotional and all over the connecting with naija thing, i kinda forced the issue.

i still cringe remembering it
Hmm I guess we still have lot to learn bout being tolerant with one another
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by sarmiie(m): 5:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
qbd2:

Hmm I guess we still have lot to learn bout being tolerant with one another

yeah, i guess so too.

its a vicious circle. guy leaves africa, travels to the us (prolly without knowing anyone there), meets an AA, expects hospitality (since we'r d same color and all), gets spurned, experiences it a few times, finds others who underwent the same treatment. they discuss, ego sets in, prejudice follows, and the flames of hatred is born.

AA meets aforementioned africa, expects to be treated politely, instead get contemptuous looks and condescending talk, feels snubbed, meets other AAs who talk "sense" into his head, and his perspective changes. the next african he sees who makes the mistake of coming to ask him for help get treated to the AA special: insults.

the cycle begins anew...

it is well.....
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by AAinEqGuinea: 11:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
worry359:

Black Americans hate and look down on Africans.
The Americans have their own culture and gangs and want no part of village tribal people.
No true at all cool yes we're different but many of us don't look down on Africans from any nationality or ethnicity.

SkinnyDude:
they call us african booty scratchers

Leave this lame joke back in the 90s where it was found grin
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Godson201333(m): 8:11am On Apr 17, 2015
worry359:

Black Americans hate and look down on Africans.
The Americans have their own culture and gangs and want no part of village tribal people.

One of the problem im having is Africans hating on Africans or Blacks hating on blacks....That just doesn't make sense to me,

You dont wanna imagine how a fellow Nigerian who migrated to usa 3 years ago is gonna look down on you, asking you where u got that ascent from?

In US just try to associate yourself with ones who are well educated and got something upstairs.You should know that alot of black people out there are illiterate.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 18, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

No true at all cool yes we're different but many of us don't look down on Africans from any nationality or ethnicity.

Leave this lame joke back in the 90s where it was found grin
Oh. We got ourselves some real African american here, do u mind sharing ur views bout d matter from d perspective of african americans. I mean to defend urself about what pple have been saying
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 18, 2015
Godson201333:

One of the problem im having is Africans hating on Africans or Blacks hating on blacks....That just doesn't make sense to me,

You dont wanna imagine how a fellow Nigerian who migrated to usa 3 years ago is gonna look down on you, asking you where u got that ascent from?

In US just try to associate yourself with ones who are well educated and got something upstairs.You should know that alot of black people out there are illiterate.

Hmm yeah, tis funny what's happening in S.A as well
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by AAinEqGuinea: 3:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
qbd2:

Oh. We got ourselves some real African american here, do u mind sharing ur views bout d matter from d perspective of african americans. I mean to defend urself about what pple have been saying

Many, if not all, won't care. They'll see you as a fellow black person on the surface, which may be a good thing and a bad thing. Many U.S. cities are racially segregated, as expected most crimes committed by African Americans are against fellow African Americans or blacks. Most Africans are smart enough to not make themselves easy targets of crime. For the most part, African Americans aren't tribal people like Africans so they wont go out of their way to look at you differently, at the minimum you'll be perceived as a cultured black person. It will simply be noted that you're African if you wear traditional African garb and/or upon hearing your accent.

Depending on your living setting, you'll notice some African Americans don't care for the high availability of schooling and other opportunities, so they won't be jealous of you if you're chasing that dream. Do your research and stay away from these parts of town. Most stereotypes about Africans will be recited by uneducated people. Most African Americans won't tolerate being surrounded by poverty mentalities for too long while they're busy building and providing for their families.

The phobia you're hearing is likely from people preconditioned with negative and fearful views of African Americans, retaining that attitude when emigrating, and see it manifest with our "bad apples" only.

1 Like

Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by gatiano(m): 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
And the divide and conquer tactics of the caucasian just happens to work again all because of a kings greed. True, Immigration ought to be controlled but not through violence, This will cause further divide amongst us. All this started from the other of one king and the next thing bloodshedding and looting. I just wondered who adviced the King to such decision. Afterall, who is to gain from all this? Definitely not The Real South Africans. I pray and wish that they come back to their senses quick enough before the white controlled police force and military bounces on them (The Real South African). As long as shoprite, mtn etc pays the required taxes and bribes to other African countries' Government, There won't be any sactions on them, rather, their will be blames on the Real South-Africans.

If Blacks could be so violent about immigration in their own country as it is in South Africa, Then those of us across europe, americas, australia and other non-black countries should be on the look out.

Op that is how the white causes confusion within us, intitutionized and systematic racism. and Black population control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxVfaXcKYL8&index=48&list=WL
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
gatiano:
And the divide and conquer tactics of the caucasian just happens to work again all because of a kings greed. True, Immigration ought to be controlled but not through violence, This will cause further divide amongst us. All this started from the other of one king and the next thing bloodshedding and looting. I just wondered who adviced the King to such decision. Afterall, who is to gain from all this? Definitely not The Real South Africans. I pray and wish that they come back to their senses quick enough before the white controlled police force and military bounces on them (The Real South African). As long as shoprite, mtn etc pays the required taxes and bribes to other African countries' Government, There won't be any sactions on them, rather, their will be blames on the Real South-Africans.

If Blacks could be so violent about immigration in their own country as it is in South Africa, Then those of us across europe, americas, australia and other non-black countries should be on the look out.

Op that is how the white causes confusion within us, intitutionized and systematic racism. and Black population control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxVfaXcKYL8&index=48&list=WL
Nooo, let's not start blaming it on d whites again. D crime being pepetrated in s. A is d work of black south africans.
Even the white south africans suffer reverse discrimination from the blacks
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Many, if not all, won't care. They'll see you as a fellow black person on the surface, which may be a good thing and a bad thing. Many U.S. cities are racially segregated, as expected most crimes committed by African Americans are against fellow African Americans or blacks. Most Africans are smart enough to not make themselves easy targets of crime. For the most part, African Americans aren't tribal people like Africans so they wont go out of their way to look at you differently, at the minimum you'll be perceived as a cultured black person. It will simply be noted that you're African if you wear traditional African garb and/or upon hearing your accent.

Depending on your living setting, you'll notice some African Americans don't care for the high availability of schooling and other opportunities, so they won't be jealous of you if you're chasing that dream. Do your research and stay away from these parts of town. Most stereotypes about Africans will be recited by uneducated people. Most African Americans won't tolerate being surrounded by poverty mentalities for too long while they're busy building and providing for their families.

The phobia you're hearing is likely from people preconditioned with negative and fearful views of African Americans, retaining that attitude when emigrating, and see it manifest with our "bad apples" only.
Kk, I get it. Tqs for ur contribution.
Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by gatiano(m): 11:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
My Dearest Sister, You are obviously of a beautiful mind, Afterall You were born a righteous person from righteousness, So for You to think trickingly is not in any of Your character, except when you learn and immitate them. I also is born a righteous person of righteousness but I immitated a lot and I know of few tricks.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against power, against principalities, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The fake pastors of this world and age will make you believe that those mentioned above are witches, red devil with horns from the pit of hell etc. These are all junks and to scare people without enough light into looking at the wrong direction.

The world, this world means a people, who is at the helm of today's people? The caucasians. That is what that verse means.
People have called me names and all sorts but until the indiginous people of the earth know the caucasians for who they really are, i'm afraid that in the end they would have literally put us back into slavery, it is not as if they willingly abolished it, situations and conditions warranted it.

About this xenophobia case, You will have to think and trick like a devil before you can ever get a clue.
1) South African region is almost wiped out of Black people almost 70% are diseased, I apologize, this is not to abuse (hiv which was intentionally administered to those Our poor Black Family over there) not only in South Africa, but all over that region. Thus, They are expected to die within a short duration and most importantly without a surviving generation(children and if few do manage children, they won't be healthy).

2) Uneducated, since the end of the aparthied period, The Blacks in all the region of South Africa are not provided with practical scientific knowledge and wisdom of how to live and build for self. No matter the theoretical education provided for them for the next 1000 years, tThey will never be able to build a standard civilization for themselves, We are all having the same problems across Africa. BUT The other African people have a little bit of practical commercial activities in their brians or minds.

3) If unable to do for self, They will have to depend on those who can do for self(whites,minority). and We know for a fact that whites don't give shiiiit to Blacks and this is intentional, a very wicked act, Why? Because the Blacks will have less to feed, less to work for or live for and then They would begin to rob one another, killing one another, corrupt justice department will be intentional slotted into that equation and before anybody knows what is popping, The country or the state would have turned into a large ghetto for drugs, prositution, crimes with it death!

THESE FEW POINTS IS THE SITUATION OF OUR BLACK FAMILY IN THE SOUTH AFRICAN REGION, AFRICAN AMERICAN, AFRICAN BRITS, JAMAICANS, DOMINICAN ETC.

NOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR PEOPLE FROM NIGERIA, GHANA, TOGO, MALI, SOMALIA, SUDAN,KENYA, ETHIOPIA ETC, WHO ARE MORE ENLIGHTENED WITH LESS OR NO DISEASE MEAN TO THIS SOUTH-AFRICANS WHO ARE MENTALLY DEAD?

1) It means The foreigners are going to wake them the fuuuck up!
2)They're going to re-educated them on a street level and practically.
3)They're going to teach them to have self-confidence, trust Nigeria person now.
4) There is going to be intermarriages between th 30% healthy South Africans and the Black foreigner, Thus producing healthy Black Children with a more self confidence.
5) It means there will be a lot of Black people with dual or three citizenship.
6) There will be healthy growth in the Black community who are not only healthy but conscious.
and more.....

This poses a big threat to the white domination in that region, and they can't have it, The best way of solving that problems appears to be the usual way which is through mischief. and we fighting ourselves, which furtherly causes division which this topic or tread is solely about,

Sister, It is the whites behind it, but they failed yet again. They expected it to flare to other regions but it didn't. Yes a few died, May Their Soul find peace and within Three days of our human living time maximum, They will find it and they will be with Their creator.

Have you heard about the 15 muslims pushing 12 christians out of the boat? what were they 12 thinking? One christian would have taken with him one muslim each, so there would have been 3 survivals. ask yourselves, if those 12 christians just voluntrily just got pushed into the sea, of what use is christianity? maybe, there is another story.

qbd2:

Nooo, let's not start blaming it on d whites again. D crime being pepetrated in s. A is d work of black south africans.
Even the white south africans suffer reverse discrimination from the blacks

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Well Do Africans And Black Americans Get On? by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 20, 2015
gatiano:
My Dearest Sister, You are obviously of a beautiful mind, Afterall You were born a righteous person from righteousness, So for You to think trickingly is not in any of Your character, except when you learn and immitate them. I also is born a righteous person of righteousness but I immitated a lot and I know of few tricks.

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against power, against principalities, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The fake pastors of this world and age will make you believe that those mentioned above are witches, red devil with horns from the pit of hell etc. These are all junks and to scare people without enough light into looking at the wrong direction.

The world, this world means a people, who is at the helm of today's people? The caucasians. That is what that verse means.
People have called me names and all sorts but until the indiginous people of the earth know the caucasians for who they really are, i'm afraid that in the end they would have literally put us back into slavery, it is not as if they willingly abolished it, situations and conditions warranted it.

About this xenophobia case, You will have to think and trick like a devil before you can ever get a clue.
1) South African region is almost wiped out of Black people almost 70% are diseased, I apologize, this is not to abuse (hiv which was intentionally administered to those Our poor Black Family over there) not only in South Africa, but all over that region. Thus, They are expected to die within a short duration and most importantly without a surviving generation(children and if few do manage children, they won't be healthy).

2) Uneducated, since the end of the aparthied period, The Blacks in all the region of South Africa are not provided with practical scientific knowledge and wisdom of how to live and build for self. No matter the theoretical education provided for them for the next 1000 years, tThey will never be able to build a standard civilization for themselves, We are all having the same problems across Africa. BUT The other African people have a little bit of practical commercial activities in their brians or minds.

3) If unable to do for self, They will have to depend on those who can do for self(whites,minority). and We know for a fact that whites don't give shiiiit to Blacks and this is intentional, a very wicked act, Why? Because the Blacks will have less to feed, less to work for or live for and then They would begin to rob one another, killing one another, corrupt justice department will be intentional slotted into that equation and before anybody knows what is popping, The country or the state would have turned into a large ghetto for drugs, prositution, crimes with it death!

THESE FEW POINTS IS THE SITUATION OF OUR BLACK FAMILY IN THE SOUTH AFRICAN REGION, AFRICAN AMERICAN, AFRICAN BRITS, JAMAICANS, DOMINICAN ETC.

NOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR PEOPLE FROM NIGERIA, GHANA, TOGO, MALI, SOMALIA, SUDAN,KENYA, ETHIOPIA ETC, WHO ARE MORE ENLIGHTENED WITH LESS OR NO DISEASE MEAN TO THIS SOUTH-AFRICANS WHO ARE MENTALLY DEAD?

1) It means The foreigners are going to wake them the fuuuck up!
2)They're going to re-educated them on a street level and practically.
3)They're going to teach them to have self-confidence, trust Nigeria person now.
4) There is going to be intermarriages between th 30% healthy South Africans and the Black foreigner, Thus producing healthy Black Children with a more self confidence.
5) It means there will be a lot of Black people with dual or three citizenship.
6) There will be healthy growth in the Black community who are not only healthy but conscious.
and more.....

This poses a big threat to the white domination in that region, and they can't have it, The best way of solving that problems appears to be the usual way which is through mischief. and we fighting ourselves, which furtherly causes division which this topic or tread is solely about,

Sister, It is the whites behind it, but they failed yet again. They expected it to flare to other regions but it didn't. Yes a few died, May Their Soul find peace and within Three days of our human living time maximum, They will find it and they will be with Their creator.

Have you heard about the 15 muslims pushing 12 christians out of the boat? what were they 12 thinking? One christian would have taken with him one muslim each, so there would have been 3 survivals. ask yourselves, if those 12 christians just voluntrily just got pushed into the sea, of what use is christianity? maybe, there is another story.

U know whaat, I think ud make a great human rights activist, but u just really need to get ur ideaology right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Underwater Tennis Stadium In Dubai / MY JOURNEY TO Cameroon:the Part Of The Country Fighting For Secession Like Igbos / Cheap Flight From Nigeria To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.