Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy (6081 Views)

Fayose Stops His Convoy To Interact With An Old Woman In Ekiti / See What Fayose Did Today As His Convoy Met Traffic On Their Way To Akure.Photos / Gov. Okorocha Escapes Death As Sub-standard Bridge He Built Collapsed Under Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 4:29am On Mar 25, 2015
What could have been a major disaster was averted just by divine providence in Owerri, the Imo State capital when a pedestrian bridge built by Governor Rochas Okorocha at
Heroes’ Children’s Park, opposite Concorde Hotel, collapsed under the governor.

The incident, which happened when the governor stopped over on his way to the NUJ Governorship Debate to interact with some students of Development Comprehensive Secondary School, Owerri, who were around the park when he came, caused a stir among on-lookers and passers-by.
Trouble however started when the governor took the students up the bridge to teach and inspire them on how to become leaders.
No sooner had the governor started the teachings with the students when the bridge caved in with the iron bracing of the bridge cut under the weight of the governor and the students and the students panicked and started shouting “Jesus! Jesus!!”, while the governor feigned ignorance of the situation even as his security aides rounded the spot to help him down.

Our correspondent who was there reports that when the incident happened, the governor’s aides, especially the members of the security operatives, who were visibly shaken, started shouting to the students: “Jump out!, get down!, jump out!” and the students jumped out from the bridge and ran for dear.
In the midst of the melee, the governor said “we’re too many here, please jump down”.
Our reporter can report that this was the first time the bridge was being used since it was constructed two years ago by Governor Okorocha.

It would be recalled that Akachi Road Bridge and several buildings (including the multi-million naira Imo Film Academy, a new security gate being constructed behind the main entrance gate to the Government House; office complex being constructed in the Imo State university campus, Owerri as well Princess Hotel Okigwe) constructed by the governor in the state had collapsed raising questions about the standard of such projects.
http://www.odogwublog.com/2015/03/governor-okorocha-escapes-death-as.html

See him pretending nothing happen at the debate. His ritual failed the students are safe!

Always
Pretending
Criminals

1 Like

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by Nobody: 4:31am On Mar 25, 2015
U see apc life
Billions just gone down d drain
Won't be surprised ya see some thugs still celebrating d idiot
Wad is bad is bad
Sai jonathan

5 Likes

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by Raiders: 4:34am On Mar 25, 2015
That picture is not in fake and that is in owerri. Another lie story from pdp
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 4:36am On Mar 25, 2015
Back down memory lane...

The Imo State Film academy, headed by Nollywood actress Nkiru Silvanus has collapsed. The building collapsed few days after it was commissioned by the state governor.

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by jeffizy(m): 4:40am On Mar 25, 2015
It is not only the London bridge that is falling down nowadays.

*Kindergarten teachers please take note*

1 Like

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 25, 2015
The contractor who did that work should be sued.
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by topedorichkid: 4:42am On Mar 25, 2015
It is obvious this ROCHAS is into 419 he will help peopl and collect double of it from red cross, who, all other world charity organisations. Now he has adone a contract of billions only or it to be substandard and collapse in less than 4years . You are not returning rochas. GOD just wanted to warn you, it could have eaten your head. Ihedioha will. Do better. GEJ all the way

3 Likes

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 4:42am On Mar 25, 2015

1 Share

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by whirlwind7(m): 4:46am On Mar 25, 2015
@ 9jagirl4re: I don't know where you got that first picture from, but I know it ISN'T a picture taken at the scene of the incident in Owerri.

I don't know what your intention is, but it takes nothing away from you if you present your facts objectively. No need to exaggerate.
Just in case you are wondering.....I am not a fan of Imo state governor, or any politician for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 4:47am On Mar 25, 2015
Imo State Sponsored APC things....
Imo State donated Luxury bus to Buhari!

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by oluwafemi113(m): 4:47am On Mar 25, 2015
Thank God oooo

SanTAN PDP at work

1 Like

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by chinnelle(f): 4:51am On Mar 25, 2015
brb
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 4:53am On Mar 25, 2015
APC lies and deceit..

The general hospital buildings in Imo towns even with the ones in almost every local government areas are dilapidated. Why not rehabilitate and re-equip them. He decided to build brand new general hospitals and each one is on the main road so that people will see it. Even if the hospitals are in the bush, people will not use them because non of them is completed. So, this is the type of project you will get from this government and people think that he is doing well. Come to the state capital, Owerri you have so many conference centers. What is he even doing with conference centers? These are not priority projects for the people. The yardstick to measure how good a government is will be to ask questions on the livelihood of the people. Are people today better-off than they were maybe eight years ago? The answer is NO. In our own time, we were receiving less than one third of what the present government is receiving but I can assure you that if you go out and ask an average Imo man whether he is better of now than then, you will get NO for an answer. - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/okorocha-is-deceiving-you-udenwa-tells-imo-people/#sthash.COhtlpX3.dpuf
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 4:56am On Mar 25, 2015
whirlwind7:
@ 9jagirl4re: I don't know where you got that first picture from, but I know it ISN'T a picture taken at the scene of the incident in Owerri.

I don't know what your intention is, but it takes nothing away from you if you present your facts objectively. No need to exaggerate.
Just in case you are wondering.....I am not a fan of Imo state governor, or any politician for that matter.
I copied it off of the website from the link. After google Search I did not see it posted under any other story. Thanks for asking though if you find anything let me know I will remove it.
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by Opinedecandid(m): 5:05am On Mar 25, 2015
"It would be recalled that Akachi Road Bridge and several buildings (including the multi-million naira Imo Film Academy, a new security gate being constructed behind the main entrance gate to the Government House; office complex being constructed in the Imo State university campus, Owerri as well Princess Hotel Okigwe) constructed by the governor in the state had collapsed raising questions about the standard of such projects."

Can you guys imagine this.
Is this guy called Rochas this much of a joker? Why would he be joking with lives?
And apc e-propagandists will be mentioning him amongst the most performing Governors in Nigeria?
When we talk of quality projects, come to Akwa Ibom, biko.

What a super-negative testimony for the loosing party!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by ROCKJ1(m): 5:25am On Mar 25, 2015
He never completes his projects, he never pays contractors and he loves substandard projects.... this is the description of Rochas aka 419 governor.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by oyintare22(m): 5:32am On Mar 25, 2015
Apc make una blame pdp n GEJ
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by nzeadachie: 5:34am On Mar 25, 2015
ROCHAS HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO IMO PEOPLE EXPECIALLY THE WIDOWS AND THE CATHOLIC CHURCH BEFORE IT WILL BE TOO LATE

5 Likes

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 6:04am On Mar 25, 2015
ROCKJ1:
He never completes his projects, he never pays contractors and he loves substandard projects.... this is the description of Rochas aka 419 governor.
Yes I heard he is owing so many contractors for projects like the entrance gate, schools, roads and hospitals all siting incomplete while Tinubu's tax collection agency is collecting money from hardworking business men, Roaches is squandering on projects for his girlfriends in Nollywood and his soon to be failed re-election bid.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by koikoi2(m): 6:04am On Mar 25, 2015
I 'll be back.

Rochas is a scammer and she be arrested. Deceiving my people my people.

GEJ shud not welcome him back to PDP after March 28 wen Buhari has bn disgraced at d polls again.
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 6:07am On Mar 25, 2015
nzeadachie:
ROCHAS HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO IMO PEOPLE EXPECIALLY THE WIDOWS AND THE CATHOLIC CHURCH BEFORE IT WILL BE TOO LATE
What does he care he will soon trek back to the North where he was born, raised and brought up.

1 Like

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 6:09am On Mar 25, 2015
koikoi2:
I 'll be back.

Rochas is a scammer and she be arrested. Deceiving my people my people.

GEJ shud not welcome him back to PDP after March 28 wen Buhari has bn disgraced at d polls again.
He must vomit the billions in loans and FG allotments before they lock him up he can not come out and enjoy Imolites sweat like that!
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by juman(m): 6:20am On Mar 25, 2015
If the governor's projects are sub standard, the governor should be voted out.

1 Like

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by angelTI(f): 6:28am On Mar 25, 2015
Saturday is just 3 days away....

2 Likes

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by stinggy(m): 6:47am On Mar 25, 2015
All hail Owelle Rochas and his substandard projects, just like Aregbesola's too.
Yet they make the loudest noise undecided

2 Likes

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by PassingShot(m): 6:51am On Mar 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
U see apc life
Billions just gone down d drain
Won't be surprised ya see some thugs still celebrating d idiot
Wad is bad is bad
Sai jonathan

You see your life! Instead of blaming the contractors for shoddy job, you blame APC.
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by otokx(m): 6:55am On Mar 25, 2015
You guys should vote out Rochas if he is not performing.
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by abes(m): 6:59am On Mar 25, 2015
Op please post the real picture if you want us to believe you.

http://www.sciencebuzz.org/topics/35W_bridge_collapse_minneapolis
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 7:02am On Mar 25, 2015
PassingShot:

You see your life! Instead of blaming the contractors for shoddy job, you blame APC.
When the contractors are not getting paid the increments they abandon the job they become hazards. He has perfected the technology of using Bamboo-sticks grade pillars for bridge construction. They will come here and tell you about roundabouts worth millions of dollars position in stupid places and call it progress, only him andwhatever he worship knows why he built that nonsense for millions of dollars.
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 7:09am On Mar 25, 2015
abes:

Its not my story click the link contact the owner of the site, he will contact the reporter. Thanks!
Meanwhile these projects are really abandoned in Imo and the questions have to be raised why?
Answer for us smarty pants?
Hear the cry of the people

nzenwogu2000 (signed in using yahoo)
Governor, there is no road to the oldest Girls Secondary School, formerly Morning Star Girls Secondary Schol, Orlu. The job has been abandoned since last year, with trips of sand closing up any space; students now suffer, they go to school through the bush path. Residents suffer also. Pls help out. Let the road job be finished.

Jazzeman
I have always known this. I have always said it and people say am against APC. Rochas of Imo state is the worst governor in Nigeria with a 419 tendency. The last time I passed through Owerri, I wept. So many poorly executed projects, dividing of one lane into two with poor civil road work. uncompleted street gates, paying of school children 315naira every 3months. What kind of projects are these. Defecting to APC will never turn a bad egg into a good one.

Chima
EFCC is warming up....Contract Award is the ONLY means of defrauding the State,Get a Registered company and pose as a contractor,the government will give you the job if you are on the same page, and you disappear,they will fund your account for giving the contract....This is just the magic so Rochas knows them so well or even his Wife,daughter etc...........................What happened to Bureau of Public Enterprise to ascertain the good contracting firm,state has their measure to ascertain this............................U dont give contract from your fucking bed or kitchen,gosh.,...................Why has he decided to reaward the Concord hotel after the failed one deal,why didnt he revoke the contract and ask the same company to re work hence it wasnt okay,no more avenue to defraud so he decided to bogus it again.The more you look,the less u see..........Contracts..

Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by omenka(m): 7:16am On Mar 25, 2015
A governor escapes death and the only media outlet aware of the incident is one "odogwublog".

Smh.

abes:

http://www.sciencebuzz.org/topics/35W_bridge_collapse_minneapolis

Busted.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, please could one
of you guys ensure this op receives maximum
sentence for violating Rule 8?. The story is
probably false and picture attached to it was one from an incident that happened in Minneapolis, USA.

This is the kinda trash PDP is known for. Since
their master's bridge commissioned barely a
week ago is showing signs of falling apart, they
had to cOok up some story to rubbish the
opposition in a similar fashion as well.

#Disgusting.
Re: Governor Okorocha Escapes Death As Bridge Collapsed Under His Convoy by 9jagirl4re(f): 7:21am On Mar 25, 2015
omenka:
A governor escapes death and the only media outlet aware of the incident is one "odogwublog".

Smh.
Which major paper ran the Film Academy Collapse or when the classroom roof caved in you conveniently forgot that right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Football Betting Tips And Analysis For A Week / What's Your Take On This Picture Of Evans With Abba Kyari And Colleagues? / Abdullahi Wuse emerges Niger Assembly Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.