Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,034 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette (14213 Views)

Man Injures His Stepson For Buying Him Bread Instead Of Cigarette (Graphic) / Man Murders Wife’s Lover In Ogun On Their Matrimonial Bed / Mob Killed And Burnt Barber In Abuja Over N10 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by eleko1: 5:56am On Mar 25, 2015
Common sense make pipu wise.What has Islam/Hausa got to do with dis?Did the owner of the kiosk buy his market on credit?Why dnt he pay for the good he bought from the Mallam/why hit the mallam first(if the story is true).
kekakuz:
Nigeria you have 3 days to destiny
but when the peace and stability of a nation is tie to one person then we are being held for ransom
Nigeria is bigger than anybody. if we feel threaten as a nation because of a candidate,God has showed us the solution to our problem

Islam Hausa illiteracy
Pls use ur brain
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by 19naia(m): 6:04am On Mar 25, 2015
You see! Cigarette is BAD for YOU and me... Its only mercy that i survived my many years of smoking the sticks... I could also have been facing charges of murder or be the one deceased in the case... Thankful i dont have the desperation to smoke it or sell it any more.. Yes i used to sell cigarettes also when i had a shop long ago...
I quit it all and i hope for others to have such fortune before the damage like i have incurred ,ensues. kiss
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by MadCow1: 6:06am On Mar 25, 2015
P
emusmith:

The police in Lagos have arrested a 42-year-old man, Alli Mustapha, for allegedly killing one of his customers, Idowu Maliki, in the Ikotun area of Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Mustapha had a shop at Imope Compound in Ikotun, where he sold petty goods to people in the community.

The Niger State indigene was alleged to have sold a stick of cigarette to the deceased on Saturday, March 7, which the latter refused to pay for.

Our correspondent learnt that when the victim returned to the shop some minutes later, an argument ensued between him and the suspect.

In the ensuing scuffle, our correspondent learnt that Mustapha hit Maliki’s head with a long stick and he slumped.

Efforts to revive him failed as he was later confirmed dead at the Igando General Hospital.

In his statement to the police, Mustapaha admitted to committing the crime, adding that the deceased had first hit him.

He said, “I don’t know the man’s name, but he comes to my place to buy things. On the fateful day, he came to buy a stick of cigarette. He did not pay for it.

“He returned few minutes later and wanted to enter my shop. I refused to allow him. But as I tried to stop him, he took a stool and hit me with it.

“Then he started looking around for other things to hit me and that was when I quickly grabbed a long stick which I usually kept in my shop to protect myself, and hit his head with it.”

It was learnt that the victim was first rushed to a private hospital, but was rejected before being taken to the Igando General Hospital.

PUNCH Metro learnt that his corpse had been deposited at a morgue in Isolo.

The police arraigned Mustapha on one count of murder before an Ebute Meta Magistrate’s Court.

The offence was said to be punishable under Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.

The magistrate, F.J. Adefioye, asked the Investigating Police Officer, Sergeant Olaniyan Rasak, to give the facts of the case to the court.

Rasak said, “On that day, the deceased bought cigarette from the defendant without paying. Few minutes later, he returned to the man’s shop and along the line, argument ensued.

“The deceased punched the defendant on his nose. The defendant then picked a stick in his shop and hit him on the head.”

The police prosecutor, Iyobosa Onaiwu, asked the court to remand Mustapha in prison.

The defence counsel, Beauty Otighi, asked the court to prevail on the prosecution to speedily duplicate the case file for legal advice and ensure the 30 days window period was not exceeded.

The magistrate, Adefioye, said, “The defendant is hereby remanded in custody pending the Directorate of Public Prosecutions legal advice. The case is adjourned till May 25, 2015.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/trader-murders-customer-over-n10-cigarette/

I can't believe the Nigerian Police or rather the attorney generals office is trying the Guy for Murder.

Where is the intent?

This looks more like manslaughter to me.

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by juman(m): 6:08am On Mar 25, 2015
Chinyeresandra:
Naija na wa!Akoba adaba,Olorun maa je ari.

Good prayer.

That useless and irresponsible guy just put the aboki_man in unnecessary problem.

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by lonelydora: 6:09am On Mar 25, 2015
jeffizy:
Nigeria on the brink. Many are down mentally and there's frustration in the land.

We need change!

At the bolded, 21 million.
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by tijjanioyan: 6:23am On Mar 25, 2015
MadCow1:
P

I can't believe the Nigerian Police or rather the attorney generals office is trying the Guy for Murder.

Where is the intent?

This looks more like manslaughter to me.
in d court of law its manslaughter.

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by talktimi(m): 6:26am On Mar 25, 2015
Self defense leading to involuntary manslaughter. The deceased attacked the accused in his shop/residence (according to police accounts) the deceased could well have been an armed robber (he stole a cigarette by refusing to pay for it then attacking the accused while armed with a stool)

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Paretomaster(m): 6:29am On Mar 25, 2015
I hope u v done enough to meet ur creator in good mood

But really d way dis ppl, xpecially touts treat d Hausa traders is absurd, u buy things from them and refuse to pay. If they talk, u call them names, and beat them up, have seen many of such cases before.

Well, Mustapha, may ur God save u from d hand of Men in Black, because dey won't hear say na self defence o.

2 Likes

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Burnnotice(m): 6:39am On Mar 25, 2015
well seems its not only the customer that kush the cigar....why should i sell if i dont know what it tastes like?
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Paretomaster(m): 6:40am On Mar 25, 2015
kekakuz:
Nigeria you have 3 days to destiny
but when the peace and stability of a nation is tie to one person then we are being held for ransom
Nigeria is bigger than anybody. if we feel tretened as a nation because of a candidate,God has showed us the solution to our problem

Islam Hausa illiteracy

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by slap1(m): 6:44am On Mar 25, 2015
Shameful way to go. People often underrate and insult Hausa traders because they think they're inferior and weak...Now see what's happened.
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Paretomaster(m): 6:53am On Mar 25, 2015
slap1:
Shameful way to go. People often underrate and insult Hausa traders because they think they're inferior and weak...Now see what's happened.

They know they are not weak, they only assume they are inferior, not knowing that an average Northern trader is more inform than them, if u compare the late tout and Mustapha, u will realize that Mustapha knows more about what is happening in d world than the deceased.

An average Northerner is addicted to International news reportage via transistor radio.

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Faraidi(m): 7:04am On Mar 25, 2015
guttentag:
Under Jona Regime
SENSELESS
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by SkinnyDude(m): 7:08am On Mar 25, 2015
McSpark:
Niger indegine kills Nigerian in Nigeria uhmm.
do you even understand what you wrote?

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by XBLadez: 7:15am On Mar 25, 2015
Abokki people with temper. Buhari brothers
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by manot: 7:18am On Mar 25, 2015
another death again, wetin self
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by idupaul: 7:25am On Mar 25, 2015
jeffizy:
Nigeria on the brink. Many are down mentally and there's frustration in the land.

We need change!

I de tell U
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Arysexy(m): 7:29am On Mar 25, 2015
Ali mustapha (Buhari brother ) kills idowu maliki (Tinubu brother ). Na stalemate. APC collabo yielding fruits

Expect this kind of ab0ki rascality if Buhari ever wins.

Say no to Buhari.

GEJ till 2019
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Burnnotice(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2015
Arysexy:
Ali mustapha (Buhari brother ) kills idowu maliki (Tinubu brother ). Na stalemate. APC collabo yielding fruits
hahahahaha bad arse dude

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by fm7070: 7:33am On Mar 25, 2015
People will soon come and blame GEJ for this.
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by sydneyboss(m): 7:36am On Mar 25, 2015
McSpark:
Niger indegine kills Nigerian in Nigeria uhmm.
did u really read this story at all? or u read but didn't understand that Niger state and Niger are not similar?
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by ayindejimmy(m): 7:38am On Mar 25, 2015
from the news above this dude needs a good lawyer. our police are just too damn lazy.
first. .thw victim came at him...hit him first. should he allow him to continue? would anybody? you have to defend yourself! the location of the crime is this Mustapha's. he didn't go lookin for trouble. trouble came to him. the idowu guy brought trouble and Mustapha had to defend himself.
this plain self defence and the case should be treated as man slaughter.
In a sane society Mustapha wont spend a week behind bar.

And people bring ethnicity into this...it just goes to show how insane our society is

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 25, 2015
spaggyy:
[size=19pt]hausa guys dey sincere...d guy admit say na him kill am, but if na yoruba or igbo they blame it on devil...only devil go come dey wonder which time he commot for hell fire go dey fight for cigarette[/size]
haha grin
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by lozanni(m): 8:05am On Mar 25, 2015
Test.
The dead guy dey flex too much ooh. I am sure he go don dey boast: "This na my area, I go take the aboki cigarette and take any other thing I want, he no go fit do nothing".
See where the flexing don land am, now he go sabi life no get duplicate.
RIP to the dead and may we never fall victim to such misfortfune.

1 Like

Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by ENIGMA11(m): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2015
its self defence! simple. first d deceased did nt pay for d cigar, secondly he hit d defendant first and lastly d deceased ws tresspassing.
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Kingspin(m): 8:16am On Mar 25, 2015
Allureoftheseas:
poverty is the cause, vote GMB for change.
We cannot vote for a mediocrity. He dont have any brain to change Nigeria. We dont want a ceremonial president. Our president must be up and doing.
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by loomer: 8:58am On Mar 25, 2015
guttentag:
Under Jona Regime

Shut up, e get one regime wey people no de die, abi na jona make u no get sense?
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 25, 2015
Its not Murder , It's manslaughter.

news media for naija no de like use dictionary.
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by kraftykc(m): 9:20am On Mar 25, 2015
Self freaking defense. No jail time.

Next case.
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Nicepoker(m): 9:25am On Mar 25, 2015
Allureoftheseas:
poverty is the cause, vote GMB for change.
I wonder if people like this poster is running on a demo brain version
Re: Trader Murders Customer Over N10 Cigarette by Missmossy(f): 9:25am On Mar 25, 2015
Yeh! shocked People keep dying like fowls everyday, such a heartless a..bo..Ki angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Armed Robbers Killed In Calabar / 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' / Ferrari Sprayed With Bullets 2-weeks After Mustang Assassination In Soweto (PIX)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.