Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education (899 Views)

Teenager Gives Birth At Ilu Iboro Without Being Aware Of Pregnancy (photos) / Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education by mamziii(f): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2015
Hi house,I am 24yr old lady frm a divorced home livin wit my dad and siblings. I hav a 15yr old teenage sis who is growing so fast and looking sexy,yes she looks sexy and am not exaggerating. She has full boobs and wide hips and looks 2gud 4her age. D problem now is men have started approaching her and am getin woRried cos my mom stays far away frm us and I don't knw how 2go about sexual education as girls at dat age tend 2b very secretive. Wud like 2get advices on how 2go about sex education,tanks
Re: How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 25, 2015
Sexual education should be done with live. You must talk to her like an adult.
You have to be factual with her, don't tell her stories like " if a man hugs you, you'll get pregnant". Let her know she has a bright future which should not be compromised. Its not her fault that she's sexy....she shouldn't just allow it get into her head.
Re: How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education by Tallesty1(m): 8:34am On Mar 25, 2015
Mom: Cynthia dear, I want us to talk.

Cynthia: Ok mom, what is it about?

Mom: You are becoming an adult and I want us to talk about the changes in your body, sex, men etc.

Cynthia: Ok mom, which one do you want to know first?

Re: How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education by SkinnyDude(m): 8:35am On Mar 25, 2015
but some of our men need deliverance. who in his right senses goes after an under aged girl?
God help our girls!
Re: How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education by SkinnyDude(m): 8:37am On Mar 25, 2015
Tallesty1:
Mom: Cynthia dear, I want us to talk.

Cynthia: Ok mom, what is it about?

Mom: You are becoming an adult and I want us to talk about the changes in your body, sex, men etc.

Cynthia: Ok mom, which one do you want to know first?

haha. these girls know alot.
Re: How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education by mamziii(f): 8:40am On Mar 25, 2015
debolly:
Sexual education should be done with live. You must talk to her like an adult.
You have to be factual with her, don't tell her stories like " if a man hugs you, you'll get pregnant". Let her know she has a bright future which should not be compromised. Its not her fault that she's sexy....she shouldn't just allow it get into her head.
tanks a million
Re: How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 25, 2015
I've been thinking about this for a while.

More contributions please.
Evina, Ronald4lif, KachisBarbie (sorry for disturbing grin)
Re: How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education by ronald4lif(m): 9:31am On Mar 25, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I've been thinking about this for a while.

More contributions please.
Evi...na, Ronald...4lif, Kachis...Barbie (sorry for disturbing grin)

Baba, this is hard for guys ohh, I think it will be more easier for ladies. I'll cross that bridge if I get there, hopefully. But I think I'll consider the following ways;

I will have to first create an atmosphere where my kids will be open and free to ask me any question without fears of receiving beatings or shouting to them with a stern voice. Who knows someday he/she might talk to me about a biology topic related to sex education taught by their teacher. From there it will be easier to take it off. Now how do I that. Hmmm

I will try not to make the conversation tense, and start with examples from a novel or media or start with stories from a pregnant teen girl. What is puberty and what to expect when a girl reaches a puberty stage. Pregnancy and it effects on young girls and how it can ruin her life and education. As an African I'll also remind her (as I guess girls are more vulnerable to fall victim) of our values, tradition and religious background.

Tell her interesting stories about how her great grand mom told me how they never had sex whilst growing up, until after marriage. Whether the stories are real or not wetin concern me lol. I'll also remind her of the need to abstain from sex even if they ever end up having it. The risk of sexually transmitted diseases. And that you've had sex doesn't mean you can keep having it, abstinence will always be a better option.

The most difficult aspect is how to first kick start such topics for the very first time. Once one succeeds to break the first time jinx it will be easier to have subsequent sex education session with their kids. You can get her a sex education novel to read and later ask her to summarise the novel for you. From there you pick it up and that's it.

The OP can also apply some of this method. Get her a sex education novel and ask her to summarise what she learnt from there. But she mustn't shout, this can only be achieved when one is friendly and make sure the atmosphere is not tensed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Advice A Teenager On Sex Education by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 25, 2015
@Ronald4life__Nice exposition boss. I learnt a thing.

(1) (Reply)

Love Is Not A Requirement For Marriage / We Taught Each Other Lesson. Tell Me Who Laughed Last? / Ay's Emotional Birthday Message To Daughter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.