Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. (807 Views)

Ex Corper That Converted To Islam As Vowed If BUHARI Wins Renounces Islam / Police Begin Investigation After Officer Vowed To Kill 200 People If PMB Dies / Corper Converts To Islam As Vowed If Buhari Is President (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. by ngoziiwenofu1: 8:20am On Mar 25, 2015
Facts are emerging on why prominent Yoruba leaders have vowed not to vote for the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd.), in the March 28 presidential elections.

Prominent Yoruba leaders and groups, including the two factions of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPF), the Afenifere Renewal Group and individual Yoruba leaders have sent in a flurry of support and endorsement of the candidature of incumbent President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)

Sources close to the pan-Yoruba cultural group, Afenifere, have blamed the leader of the APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for the woes that befell the South-West region in the present administration, especially as it concerns the loss of the Speakership of the House of Representatives.

One of the sources claimed it was Asiwaju Bola Tinubu that sponsored current Speaker, Aminu Bello Tambuwal, against the only Yoruba candidate to the post, Mrs. Mulikat Akande.

“The truth is that it was Tinubu’s backing of Tambuwal that eventually tipped the scale against the Yoruba nation. Because of that, the Yorubas are nowhere in the pecking order of this government. We are not the president, we are not the vice, we are not in the Senate and we are not in the House of Representatives. How do we support someone so selfish that he has to sell the privileges of the Yoruba nation to outsiders?” the source, who does not want to be named, said.

He went on to list other alleged sins of Tinubu and was certain that no Yoruba person worth his heritage would support anything projected by the man that is also popularly called the Jagaban.

According to the source, “The truth is that Tinubu has practically usurped the economy of Yoruba’s richest state. As we speak, the economy of Lagos is Tinubu and Tinubu is the economy of Lagos. We believe in equity and fairness and we are convinced Tinubu does not represent this.”

The source added that the position of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as vice president
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. by podosci(m): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2015
A Criminal organization like the OPC just got a multi billion dollar pipe contract from GEJ, so tell me why they should vote GMB
Change is coming, Even IF GMB is rigged out of winning the election, The change movement has began and we shall soon see results
God bless Nigeria And God bless GMB

1 Like

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. by MRLINGTON(m): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2015
None of my biz
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. by jemype(m): 8:30am On Mar 25, 2015
Well i think they are all lilly livered human beings. I used to hate tinubu but i discovered recently that he is a very bold person and he is d only yoruba man standing where many are licking peoples boots so they can all go to hell if dey want weda afenifere or oodua. What hv theu contributed to d yoruba race? Tinubu is d last of a dying breed. Is it bode george or kashamu dat we want to pledge our support too? Yoruba were born kingmakers and not bootlickers.

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. by bewla(m): 9:03am On Mar 25, 2015
na una sabi
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. by bewla(m): 9:04am On Mar 25, 2015
na una sabi all we want is change
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. by 7lives: 9:36am On Mar 25, 2015
jemype:
Well i think they are all lilly livered human beings. I used to hate tinubu but i discovered recently that he is a very bold person and he is d only yoruba man standing where many are licking peoples boots so they can all go to hell if dey want weda afenifere or oodua. What hv theu contributed to d yoruba race? Tinubu is d last of a dying breed. Is it bode george or kashamu dat we want to pledge our support too? Yoruba were born kingmakers and not bootlickers.

God bless you brother. I'm in a Tinubu state of mind, nitori were ita la she n ni ti inu ile.
BAT is one man Goodluck will never forget in his life.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vowed Not To Vote For GMB. by jemype(m): 9:43am On Mar 25, 2015
I tell u bro oo. Na sTrong proverb b dat oo.
7lives:

God bless you brother. I'm in a Tinubu state of mind, nitori were ita la she n ni ti inu ile.
BAT is one man Goodluck will never forget in his life.

(1) (Reply)

Security Precautions For The Election Period (A Must-Read) / Unearthing A 2001 Speech By General Buhari (calls For 'total' Sharia In Nigeria) / The Worst Exchange Rate In The History Of Nigeria......see Proof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.