Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future (3360 Views)

Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF / 15 Politicians Who May Run For President In 2019 / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by iykemoney90(m): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2015
As the 2015 presidential election is around the corner, I tried to look at the politicians that are likely to rule this country of ours in the near future with everything being equal. Backwards 8 years ago, i never believed GEJ will be the president of this country but here he is, vying for a second tenure as the number 1 citizen of this nation so anything can happen in politics. This list is just based on the popularity, influence, character and achievements of the person mentioned here and it strictly my opinion.

1. Muhammadu Buhari.
2. Sen David Mark.
3. Babatunde Raji Fashola
4. Aminu Tambuwal
5. Rochas Okorocha
6. Rotimi Amaechi.

Do you think otherwise? You can drop your comments below.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by iykemoney90(m): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2015
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by gbeseun(m): 10:50am On Mar 25, 2015
Remove mark and put tambuwal other pls,also include my name on d list

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by iykemoney90(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2015
gbeseun:
Remove mark and put tambuwal other pls,also include my name on d list
He is one the most influential Nigerian politician, if he takes a shot at presidency he might be considered by Nigerians
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by Desteenee(m): 10:55am On Mar 25, 2015
Remove Tambuwal put FFK grin grin grin
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by Meiji(m): 10:56am On Mar 25, 2015
I think Kwankwaso should be on the list. Remove David Mark abeg.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by tolu4you: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2015
these people will never be our president in Jesus Name.........

2. Sen David Mark.
4. Aminu Tambuwal
5. Rochas Okorocha
6. Rotimi Amaechi.

8 Likes

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by Gbawe: 11:25am On Mar 25, 2015
iykemoney90:
As the 2015 presidential election is around the corner, I tried to look at the politicians that are likely to rule this country of ours in the near future with everything being equal. Backwards 8 years ago, i never believed GEJ will be the president of this country but here he is, vying for a second tenure as the number 1 citizen of this nation so anything can happen in politics. This list is just based on the popularity, influence, character and achievements of the person mentioned here and it strictly my opinion.

1. Muhammadu Buhari.
2. Sen David Mark.
4. Aminu Tambuwal
5. Rochas Okorocha
6. Rotimi Amaechi.

Except for David Mark, the other names are feasible. Like someone else stated earlier Kwankwaso would complete the list above.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by anonimi: 11:29am On Mar 25, 2015
iykemoney90:

1. Muhammadu Buhari.
2. Sen David Mark.
4. Aminu Tambuwal
5. Rochas Okorocha
6. Rotimi Amaechi.

Arch. Namadi Sambo is FIRST on the pecking order after Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's second term ends on 29 May 2015.
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by anonimi: 11:30am On Mar 25, 2015
iykemoney90:
He is one the most influential Nigerian politician, if he takes a shot at presidency he might be considered by Nigerians

NORMALLY, David Mark should not take a shot at the presidency except Sambo declines or is not available.
QED!!!
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by PassingShot(m): 11:31am On Mar 25, 2015
1. Raji Fashola

2. Kwankwaso

3. Rotimi Amaechi

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by Filmewell(f): 11:35am On Mar 25, 2015
there is a prophesy that says that a wise man from the east shall be the saviour of this great nation.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by iykemoney90(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2015
anonimi:

Arch. Namadi Sambo is FIRST on the pecking order after Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's second term ends on 29 May 2015.
Am even more popular than Sambo...he will never smell that seat

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by iykemoney90(m): 11:41am On Mar 25, 2015
Gbawe:

Except for David Mark, the other names are feasible. Like someone else stated earlier Kwankwaso would complete the list above.
I dont think kwankwaso is that influential as people potray him to be.
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by anonimi: 11:41am On Mar 25, 2015
iykemoney90:
Am even more popular than Sambo...he will never smell that seat

Popular?
Okay oh, I hear you, if you nor hear me.
Soon it will be 2019 cheesy
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by Gbawe: 11:45am On Mar 25, 2015
anonimi:

NORMALLY, David Mark should not take a shot at the presidency[b] except Sambo declines or is not available.[/b]
QED!!!

Crayon brat, have you lost your mind totally? Yar Adua and Jonathan are the last dull, charisma-bypassed and accidental Presidents Nigeria will ever have. Our Presidents, from May 2015 onwards, will be charismatic and purposeful men who have the ambition to be President and, most importantly, present themselves to lead rather than inherit the Presidency through 'goodluck' or dictatorial Godfather machinations.

Times are different now and Nigeria has turned the corner as all nations of the world have. The days of one man (the likes of Obasanjo et al) bringing some dull mumu to lead Nigeria and then using Government office to foist their private choice on the electorate is dead. Sambo has no chance, not even 0.001%, to become President in this new Nigeria but all others on the OP's list, minus David Mark, do because they are charismatic and purposeful men who have a following because of what they have done as leaders and not what they can do for a godfather. Your mention of Sambo shows how dull and analytically slow you are.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by Gbawe: 11:52am On Mar 25, 2015
iykemoney90:
I dont think kwankwaso is that influential as people potray him to be.

Kwankwaso could be moulded into 'Presidential material'. He is charismatic and purposeful and, as all great leaders who develop other leaders, has a movement behind his identity which testifies to his political sagacity. I.e the Kwanwasiyya movement. I think Kwankwaso is the Northerner who is most naturally predisposed to becoming the heir to Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by dein77(m): 11:53am On Mar 25, 2015
Gbawe:

Crayon brat, have you lost your mind totally? Yar Adua and Jonathan are the last dull, charisma-bypassed and accidental Presidents Nigeria will ever have. Our Presidents, from May 2015 onwards, will be charismatic and purposeful men who have the ambition to be President and, most importantly, present themselves to lead rather than inherit the Presidency through 'goodluck' or dictatorial Godfather machinations.

Times are different now and Nigeria has turned the corner as all nations of the world have. The days of one man (the likes of Obasanjo et al) bringing some dull mumu to lead Nigeria and then using Government office to foist their private choice on the electorate is dead. Sambo has no chance, not even 0.001%, to become President in this new Nigeria but all others on the OP's list, minus David Mark, do because they are charismatic and purposeful men who have a following because of what they have done as leaders and not what they can do for a godfather. Your mention of Sambo shows how dull and analytically slow you are.

As usual, you won't complete a comment without summarising it with a personal attack.

You need to grow up, man!

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by Gbawe: 11:58am On Mar 25, 2015
dein77:

As usual, you won't complete a comment without summarising it with a personal attack.

You need to grow up, man!

Abeg what is your own and why do you keep stalking me? Me and the Crayon brat have a long history here spanning years and he gives as good as he gets so kindly stay out of private spats if you do not understand the relationship synergy that plays out on NL. I am never rude to posters who have not been uncouth to me. For example, was I rude to iykemoney90 above? I have being a member of NL for 5 years and believe me when I tell you that "game recognise game". Anyone you think I am rude to or "attack" deserves it 100%. If you don't want to join that group then address me politely, even when we have different opinions, and I will reply in kind. Finally, chill and stop being so sensitive. You guys take NL too seriously.
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by CyberWolf: 11:59am On Mar 25, 2015
I see Umar Nasko becoming the next president of Nigeria after GEJ and an Igbo man
being the Vice President..
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by dein77(m): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2015
Gbawe:

Abeg what is your own and why do you keep stalking me? Me and the Crayon brat have history here and he gives as much as he gets so kindly stay out of private spats if you do not understand the relationship synergy that plays out on NL. I am never rude to posters who have not been uncouth to me. For example, was I rude to iykemoney90 above? I have being a member of NL for 5 years and believe me when I tell you that "game recognise game". Anyone you think I am rude to or "attack" deserves it 100%. If you don't want to join that group then address me politely, even when we have different opinions, and I will reply in kind.

You're kind here. I stay out!
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by anonimi: 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
Gbawe:

What I have described is what happens in those places our people run to and things work in an ORDERLY manner such as the UK where you are hiding, not so

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by egift(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
anonimi:

Popular?
Okay oh, I hear you, if you nor hear me.
Soon it will be 2019 cheesy

Is that the plan of PDP, to reelect Jonathan and install an invisible stooge of a VP in 2019. Nigerians must rise and stop Jonathan now before it is too late.

Sai Buhari - we have suffered enough.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by Gbawe: 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
dein77:

You're kind here. I stay out!

I am telling you the truth 100%. There is no one I speak to harshly here who does not deserve it one way or the other. Check the archives to see how I wrote and related to people from when I joined NL (2009) to around 2012. You will see I always tried to be polite and made the effort to rise above insults and personal attacks. Yet I realised that NL was a forum of agberos and bullies who only get encouraged to be more uncouth and insultingly aggressive the more you ignored them. These folks clearly took the politeness of others for weakness.

At some stage even the most polite Nairalander will have to start giving back as good as they get or throw in the towel and leave NL as many wonderful posters have. We can practice politics without rancour here, whether PDP or APC, as that evolves our political sophistication and environment to the glory and benefit of our nation but some people will never let this be and I have no intention of indulging those sort here any longer.
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by anonimi: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
CyberWolf:
I see Umar Nasko becoming the next president of Nigeria after GEJ and an Igbo
being the Vice President..

This is a BETTER arrangement to guarantee the STABILITY, peace and order of the country such that we have an Igbo president after the two terms of whoever succeeds Jonathan.

Hopefully thereafter, we would have imbibed democratic principles and DILUTED federal powers enough to allow merit supercede regional rotation considerations.
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by slimfit1(m): 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
David Mark are you drunk the man that makes every laws that suites him and him alone. Be president of which country Nigeria please don't start oh please. The president of corruption he is.
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by dein77(m): 12:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
Gbawe:

I am telling you the truth 100%. There is no one I speak to harshly here who does not deserve it one way or the other. Check the archives to see how I wrote and related to people from when I joined NL (2009) to around 2012. You will see I always tried to be polite and made the effort to rise above insults and personal attacks. Yet I realised that NL was a forum of agberos and bullies who only get encouraged to be more uncouth and insultingly aggressive the more you ignored them. These folks clearly took the politeness of others for weakness.

At some stage even the most polite Nairalander will have to start giving back as good as they get or throw in the towel and leave NL as many wonderful posters have. We can practice politics without rancour here, whether PDP or APC, as that evolves our political sophistication and environment to the glory and benefit of our nation but some people will never let this be and I have no intention of indulging those sort here any longer.

Hahahhahaha. It's always like that. Yes we can play politics without rancour and hate but most persons lack the maturity and patience for that.

It's my opinion that only the feeble and weak resorts to name calling and personal attacks. I have also suffered my share of these folks who have a penchant for insults and a propensity to abuse others. Though I have been here for about 4 years, I started frequenting this section just a couple of months back. Hence, I apologise for my words on you, having clearly no knowledge of the history that existed between you and the folks you always argue passionately with. I apologise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by Gbawe: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
slimfit1:
David Mark are you drunk the man that makes every laws that suites him and him alone. Be president of which country Nigeria please don't start oh please. The president of corruption he is.

Mark, and the likes of Atiku et al, has no chance. Generally, no 'old school' politician does. Buhari is only different because he stood for everything attractive to an electorate past politicians in his era were the opposite of. Where Buhari is pro-people and would die for the masses we know David Mark is an elitist and establishment man who once stated , as communication minister, that the telephone is not for ordinary Nigerians. Whereas David Mark symbolises corruption, even haters of Buhari know he is ascetic anti-corruption and immaterialistic. Mark has no chance because (1) he is old school and (2) the wrong sort of old school.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by anonimi: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
egift:
Is that the plan of PDP, to reelect Jonathan and install an invisible stooge of a VP in 2019. Nigerians must rise and stop Jonathan now before it is too late.

Sai Buhari - we have suffered enough.

Na who with you dey suffer? Abeg limit that kind yeye statement to your bloody original sufferhead wey JagbaJantis of Bourdillon don take do paaro (exchange), you hear?

So Tony Blair INSTALLED Prime Minister Gordon Brown after he left office in 2007 That must be why Britain is so attractive people like "uncle" Gbawe are hiding there while promoting these useless APC people who DEPRIVE our citizens of the facilities, such as TAP water, that make the oyinbo countrydraw our people across deserts and oceans to become their voluntary slaves. angry

Why are you so DAFT just like your idol, Buhari?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2168547_boko_jpegb68e1f99d87674891f8bb5b8e27161d0
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by CyberWolf: 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
anonimi:

This is a BETTER arrangement to guarantee the STABILITY, peace and order of the country such that we have an Igbo president after the two terms of whoever succeeds Jonathan.

Hopefully thereafter, we would have imbibed democratic principles and DILUTED federal powers enough to allow merit supercede regional rotation considerations.
exactly my man..forget all this noise makers here that knows nothing about the dynamics of African politics and Nigeria in particular..

1 Like

Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by obago(m): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
Re: OPINION: Politicians Who Are Likely To Become The President Of Nigeria In Future by wisov(m): 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
U talk to much abeg
Gbawe:

Abeg what is your own and why do you keep stalking me? Me and the Crayon brat have a long history here spanning years and he gives as good as he gets so kindly stay out of private spats if you do not understand the relationship synergy that plays out on NL. I am never rude to posters who have not been uncouth to me. For example, was I rude to iykemoney90 above? I have being a member of NL for 5 years and believe me when I tell you that "game recognise game". Anyone you think I am rude to or "attack" deserves it 100%. If you don't want to join that group then address me politely, even when we have different opinions, and I will reply in kind. Finally, chill and stop being so sensitive. You guys take NL too seriously.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Riot Of 1953 / Breaking News From Iraq !!! / Meet Michael Jackson's Pretty Daughter And Her New Boyfriend! They'r Planning To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.