Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener (13416 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Blast Jonathan After Presidential Media Chat / Prof. Osinbajo Reacts To The Postponed Election On Facebook / Meet The Prof. Osinbajo's Pretty Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by Image123(m): 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
Marchman:
Vice Presidential candidate of the APC has a terrible past that claimed the lives of many kids in the Pfizer/Kano State Government Meningitis story. Not to mention the sums involved.

Boy! I am stunned.

will try getting the video on youtube. Is this the Change they are clamoring for? cry cry cry

The Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiP95YSRjHo

Okay, i've seen the about 15minute video by a particular "Association for the moral Cause". i cannot vouch for the authenticity of the materials in the video but here is what it is about anyway. It talks about Kano State and a meningitis outbreak in 1996. It says Pfizer pharmaceuticals dosed about 100 children with a particular drug for the sickness. So Kano State government and the FG filed $7billion litigations against Pfizer about something to do with the drugs not being approved but experimental to which Pfizer denied complicity. The video says a SimmonsCooper partners law firm was responsible to help the government and that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is a senior partner in the firm. We are not told when the trial took place, but we are told that there was out of court SETTLEMENT between Pfizer and the Government. The settlement according to the video is as follows, $75million for the Kano State government and $35million for the direct victims. The victims were to come with proof which include bed ticket, hospital receipt and a wristband given to the said children, or they subject themselves to a DNA test to prove eligibility/link and get their compensation money. The video says that many of the victims fear what a DNA test might do to them and are unwilling to take part. $175,000 were paid to each family that met the requirements according to the video.
Now, to be fair and to weigh the two contesting parties APC(Buhari/Osinbajo) and PDP(President Jonathan/Sambo). Anyone who knows anything about law knows about OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENTS. i do not really know what judgement the "Association for the moral Cause" or any of their sympathizers want for Pfizer. What i know and would mention(though there are other cases) is that President Jonathan/Sambo are heading an administration that just last year was responsible for the needless death of about 15 job seekers in the Nigerian Immigrations saga. This was a recruitment exercise that saw about 700,000 job seekers pay 1,000naira each to the government. that is 700million naira gained by the government. Well, nobody was sacked or jailed for the deaths and it was just this month that President Jonathan gave the families 75million naira(5million naira each) and three jobs for each family for those eligible. The "Association for the moral Cause" has not finished releasing videos in my own estimate, they should be fair and release for the two parties, that is what morality is about.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by funstufz: 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
Is that the new campaign trend now?

What PDP is now saying is that they ALL ARE Saints forgetting that these people are NIGERIANS

Bring something better on achievements instead of all these propaganda jare

Haba undecided undecided undecided
Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by Jorussia(m): 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
Gombs:

Weirdly so. It bothers on an event scam that involved Pfizer/ Kano State Government and Osinbajo's firm, during the 1996 Meningitis wahala.

Things went bad, and $35million was alleged pocketed by Osinbanjo's firm, to be mute on the Pfizer medical blunder (something like that...was working and couldn't pay full attention).

A lot of kids and young adults died as a result. The case was presented to president Yaradua, and he refused being involved as he described the money as blood money.... Emm, I should have the link soon enough. You'd get the full gist there.

How you dey na?
It was $10m they said in the documentary that osibanjo collected as being is payment for service he rendered for the govt.The crafter of the documentary is trying to bring morality into the issue.According to them,why is it that osibanjo has not come out to speak on how the money he secured for the govt have been disbursed. To me,osibanjo can't be blamed because as soon as he secured the out of court settlement for d govt, his services as their lawyer ended with them.my question is,since the govt is aware of this fraud why haven't they ordered the EFCC to bring does involved to book?The only thing I got from the documentary, is that i now know,that osibanjo is a very revelled,wealthy and successful lawyer.

4 Likes

Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by theV0ice: 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
Image123:

Okay, i've seen the about 15minute video by a particular "Association for the moral Cause". i cannot vouch for the authenticity of the materials in the video but here is what it is about anyway. It talks about Kano State and a meningitis outbreak in 1996. It says Pfizer pharmaceuticals dosed about 100 children with a particular drug for the sickness. So Kano State government and the FG filed $7billion litigations against Pfizer about something to do with the drugs not being approved but experimental to which Pfizer denied complicity. The video says a SimmonsCooper partners law firm was responsible to help the government and that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is a senior partner in the firm. We are not told when the trial took place, but we are told that there was out of court SETTLEMENT between Pfizer and the Government. The settlement according to the video is as follows, $75million for the Kano State government and $35million for the direct victims. The victims were to come with proof which include bed ticket, hospital receipt and a wristband given to the said children, or they subject themselves to a DNA test to prove eligibility/link and get their compensation money. The video says that many of the victims fear what a DNA test might do to them and are unwilling to take part. $175,000 were paid to each family that met the requirements according to the video.
Now, to be fair and to weigh the two contesting parties APC(Buhari/Osinbajo) and PDP(President Jonathan/Sambo). Anyone who knows anything about law knows about OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENTS. i do not really know what judgement the "Association for the moral Cause" or any of their sympathizers want for Pfizer. What i know and would mention(though there are other cases) is that President Jonathan/Sambo are heading an administration that just last year was responsible for the needless death of about 15 job seekers in the Nigerian Immigrations saga. This was a recruitment exercise that saw about 700,000 job seekers pay 1,000naira each to the government. that is 700million naira gained by the government. Well, nobody was sacked or jailed for the deaths and it was just this month that President Jonathan gave the families 75million naira(5million naira each) and three jobs for each family for those eligible. The "Association for the moral Cause" has not finished releasing videos in my own estimate, they should be fair and release for the two parties, that is what morality is about.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

If I hear. You invite jobless folks to come do an interview to get a job, take money from them all and kill some in the process, yet no single official got a reprimand, lost his/her job or went to jail but they have all the time and resources to produce a video whinning about a lawyer who is obviously very very good at his job.

Truly the series of documentaries must not finish now o.... they must kontinuu......

#releasedocumentaryonimmigrationscamnow

2 Likes

Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by rusher14: 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/582533/gowon-bayero-worked-pfizer-against

Nairaland published a differing opinion in 2011.

In fact indicted were the likes of Gowon, Aondoaka but little mention of Osinbajo.

But according to SimmonsCooper Partners, the federal government “is primarily represented by the AGF, and Aandoaka served as the lead counsel on behalf of the federal government. He in fact held meetings with and concluded the discussions with Pfizer for the FGN, in our absence,” the lawyers said.

Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by nellyjohn: 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
tp10:

deceive una sef till Saturday.

cinema ma ka.
28th shall tell.
GEJ till 2019
Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by Longeria(m): 2:55am On Mar 26, 2015
barcanista:
yes bro
Please paste it here.
Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by obailala(m): 5:09am On Mar 26, 2015
[b]May this election just come and go please... The PDP and the FG understands fully well that millions of Nigerians are stark illiterates (even the so called certificate wielding graduates are stark illiterates), that is the only reason why a documentary like this could be created. Even a partially enlightened person who watches this video would instantly understand that the video indicts the Nigerian govt and not the law firm.

The FG hires a law firm to represent it in a case, the law firm does the job and at the prompting of the FG, an out of court settlement is reached with Pfizer in which the victims get $35million compensation, the Kano state govt gets $75million dollars and the law firm (of which Osinbajo is a principal partner) is paid its legal fees of $10million.

Now the problem is, why did the Nigerian govt through its lawyers push for an out of court settlement which resulted in Pfizer paying much less compensation than the $7billion which was originally demanded?.... Any individual who is slightly enlightened can deduce from this that the Nigerian govt compromised the case (probably after some bribes). The law firm simply did what it was paid to do and left the scene and this case is a total indictment of the FG and the Attorney General's office.

What I have just deduced from this 15mins documentary is that Prof Osinbajo is a very successful lawyer.
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by Gombs(m): 5:45am On Mar 26, 2015
Image123:

You may have a point bro, but... Osinbajo's firm did not do much to ensure the sufferings of these people were alleviated.

They got and out of court settlement, and why weren't the counsels to the affected people consulted? Why did osinbajo's firm leave those people to their fate?

Anyways, this video is pt one, i watched two parts yesterday, I'd source for the part 2.

They told us Northern families refused polio vaccines, and blamed it on illiteracy, they never told us why they acted so, they never told us the Pfizer story.

1 Like

Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by Image123(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
hohohoho, APC send back damaging documentary. Hope dey no go damage each other finish.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vKZvzNT32QE&feature=youtu.be
Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by Gombs(m): 8:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
Image123:
hohohoho, APC send back damaging documentary. Hope dey no go damage each other finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKZvzNT32QE&feature=youtu.be

i just watched the video. It was more of comedy and old wives tale.

but this Pfizer's tale? search the net for more shocking revelation.

anyways, Saturday no far, all this will end.
Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by idumuose(m): 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2015
JackBaueress:
Too late my mind is made up.

Sai Buhari/Osinbajo
You will regret your decision my dear.You will see me here on sunday/monday where a weeping thread will be opened for you and your gang of liars.
While you are busy here talking and taking no concrete steps to help actualize Buhari's dreams,I have been busy working assiduously to help Jonathan actulize his bid to be re-elected.The die is cast.Buhari and his fake pastor will end up losing as usual.

Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by Image123(m): 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2015
Gombs:

i just watched the video. It was more of comedy and old wives tale.

but this Pfizer's tale? search the net for more shocking revelation.

anyways, Saturday no far, all this will end.

lol, whatever. Will comment on the Pfizer tale later. I already went through links like the below though.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullahi_v._Pfizer,_Inc.

http://www.nigeriannewsservice.com/dispute-over-sharing-formula-pfizer-victims-ask-us-court-to-halt-75m-settlement/

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2011/08/2011811175753413920.html

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2007/06/200852512341488578.html

http://www.scp-law.com/index.php/the-team

https://www.nairaland.com/582533/gowon-bayero-worked-pfizer-against
Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by Image123(m): 9:40pm On Mar 26, 2015
idumuose:
I have been busy working assiduously to help Jonathan actulize his bid to be re-elected.The die is cast.Buhari and his fake pastor will end up losing as usual.

Amen!

Hope you're not among those guys at ejigbo and oshodi just earlier? he he he he.
Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by idumuose(m): 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
Image123:

Hope you're not among those guys at ejigbo and oshodi just earlier? he he he he.
I don't live in Lagos bro.Sorry to disappoint you.

1 Like

Re: Prof Osinbajo Documentary (Video) - An Eye Opener by Image123(m): 7:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
idumuose:

I don't live in Lagos bro.Sorry to disappoint you.

Good of you, you didn't disappoint me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party Wins Oyo Bye Election To Replace Slain Lawmaker, Gideon Aremu / President Buhari Submits His Nomination Forms / I’m With Atiku – APC Chieftain, Kwande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.