Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 (1382 Views)

Pros And Cons Of Venza / Help..2013 Venza Abandoned...... / Toyota Venza Vs Toyota Lexus RX 350 (your Advise Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2015
After six years on the market, the Toyota Venza crossover will disappear after the 2015 model year. Production of the Camry-based Venza for the U.S. market will end at Toyota’s Kentucky manufacturing plant by June 2015, although production of the car for sale in export markets will continue through 2017.

In a statement, Toyota cites three factors that contributed to this decision: “customer preference, competitiveness within the segment, and deteriorating sales.” If you read between the lines, this essentially means that the Venza never developed enough market share in its segment to warrant a redesign.

Toyota sold only 29,991 Venzas in 2014, down from the Venza’s highest-selling year of 2009, when it sold 54,410 units. Competitors like the Nissan Murano and Ford Edge have gone through multiple rounds of updates during the Venza’s relatively long life cycle, and sales of those models are significantly higher, with the Edge selling 108,864 units and the Murano moving 47,301 units in 2014.

The compact Toyota RAV4 and three-row Toyota Highlander crossovers have also been gaining ground lately, likely stealing away some sales from the Venza.

Toyota has increased production of the RAV4 in Canada and the Highlander in Indiana to cope with this increased demand.

No jobs will be lost at the Toyota plant in Georgetown, Kentucky as a result of this change, as the company plans to add the Lexus ES sedan to the line later this year as part of a $360 million expansion of the facility. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky (TMMK) also makes the Toyota Camry and Toyota Avalon sedans.

Remaining 2015 Toyota Venza inventory will still be sold for the rest of the year as production winds down. The Venza starts at $29,890 with destination and is available with either a 2.7-liter four-cylinder or a 3.5-liter V-6, both of which can be optioned with all-wheel drive.

SOURCE

Re: Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
Interesting

I love the car tho
Re: Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by amme1(m): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
bulky but smooth
Re: Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
Interesting

I love the car tho
To me, it's one of Toyota's best in terms of design, and everything.

This news is heartbreaking. embarassed
Re: Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by Icon4s(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2015
So will Honda also stop the production of the Cross Tour?
Re: Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:30am On Mar 26, 2015
Victoriousvic:

To me, it's one of Toyota's best in terms of design, and everything.

This news is heartbreaking. embarassed

I really like the car.

The design, both interior and exterior.

And I like the idea of the ignition being keyless
Re: Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by sultaan(m): 1:41am On Mar 26, 2015
Icon4s:
So will Honda also stop the production of the Cross Tour?

Look up the sales figures on Wikipedia and as a business you know what is coming
Re: Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by Nobody: 5:11am On Mar 26, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove
Re: Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by billy187(m): 5:20am On Mar 26, 2015
A pity.....Toyota actually did quite well designing the Venza.
Re: Toyota Discontinues Venza Production From June 2015 by lonelydora: 7:09am On Mar 26, 2015
Chai. And Crosstour continues.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ac Not Cooling And Chilling Like Before / O7 Camry Tyre Pressure Monitor Display Issues And Error Code P0441 Issue / These code came up after i scan my car "Help"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.