Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Daily Grace Capsule | Sun.22nd.march.2015 | Why We Tongue (2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Grace Capsule | Sun.22nd.march.2015 | Why We Tongue (2) (456 Views)

"Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo / Tongue Of Fire Restoration Ministry Pastor In Sex Scandal (photos) / Daily Grace Capsule | Sat.21st.march.2015 | Why We Tongue! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Grace Capsule | Sun.22nd.march.2015 | Why We Tongue (2) by ComeBackHome: 4:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
DAiLY GRACE CAPSULE | SUN.MARCH.22nd 2015

WHY WE ‘TONGUE’ (II) | 1 Corinthians 14: 4 (AMP)

“For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding].

Recalled from yesterday capsule, scripturally, we were able to established the fact that we get ourselves – the real us, the (inner man, our recreated spirit) edified by praying in other tongues. However, another importance attached to praying in ‘Tongues’ is: SPEAKING TO GOD DIRECTLY.

Going by the above passage, we do not communicate to men when we pray in other tongues. No wonder, men do not understand the language(s).

Let’s read that passage from one or two other translations apart from the 'Amplified' (AMP).

1 Corinthians 14: 2 ‘New Living Translations’ (NLT) | “For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won't be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious”

1 Corinthians 14: 2 ‘The Living Bible’ (TLB) | “But if your gift is that of being able to "speak in tongues," that is, to speak in languages you haven't learned, you will be talking to God but not to others, since they won't be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be a secret”

1 Corinthians 14: 2 ‘Good News Translation’ (GNT) | “Those who speak in strange tongues do not speak to others but to God, because no one understands them. They are speaking secret truths by the power of the Spirit”

We communicate to God, not men. So, we shouldn’t get bothered if men seems not to have understood us.

Absolutely, that is factual enough.

This also:

From the same passage, we see another importance attached to praying in tongues – “…you will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious”

We are involved in speaking ‘SECRET TRUTHS – MYSTERIOUS THINGS’. Things that are kept in God’s mind for ages.

We will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious.

Wao! What an unexplained, inexplicable, mystifying, baffling, peculiar praying pattern!

1 Corinthians 2: 9 – 10 (AMP) | “But, on the contrary, as the Scripture says, What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him [who hold Him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed]. [Isa 64:4; 65:17.]

(10) Yet to us God has unveiled and revealed them by and through His Spirit, for the [Holy] Spirit searches diligently, exploring and examining everything, even sounding the profound and bottomless things of God [the divine counsels and things hidden an d beyond man's scrutiny].

Praying in other tongues exposes you to knowing the deep things of God that can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit | See 1 Corinthians 2: 6 - 16.

This kind of praying void ‘Selfishness'. The prayers that involves only you - ‘Me, Me, Me’ praying pattern.

When you pray in tongues, you might be interceding for someone you don’t even know; and might not even have the privilege to meet till Christ returns.

In conclusion, praying in tongues is also an avenue to give 'THANKS' very well - an 'Acceptable Thanksgivings'.

You will be giving thanks very well | 1 Corinthians 14: 17.

Dearly beloved, so far, having fully established what it means to be baptized with the Holy Ghost, the beneficiaries; the importance of Praying in the Holy Ghost, that is, praying in other tongues. Before we proceed to ‘How praying in the Holy Ghost should be done; I will like to talk about “Tongues-Made-Easy”.

Now, to “Tongues-Made-Easy”. Diagnostically, this shall be treated tomorrow.

And till we meet again tomorrow, keep ‘tonguing and if you are yet, it is just tomorrow – you shall be filled.

NOW, SAY | I am charged up, edified, improved as I pray in other tongues and I access the mysterious things of God.

LET’S PRAY | In the Name of Jesus, I see the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in my life as I consciously see Him as He is – AMEN!

ViP | I hope you have been blessed with this message. You also can be a tool to bless others by SHARING it. Today, be a blessing.

Grace to your Heart!

ComeBackHome Ministries | …spreading the glad tidings, thus; changing lives | cbhmonline@gmail.com | +234 803 455 6611 | 532CB51B.

(1) (Reply)

A Real Story Of Presecution! / A Xenophobic South African & A Nigerian. / Who's Hands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.