Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

The Worst Administration In History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Worst Administration In History (621 Views)

Osinbajo, Akpabio, Ngige At FG Report Card Of Buhari's Administration In Abuja / Worst administration!!!! / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Administration In History by kaybams1(m): 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2015
In the words of George Orwell, Political language...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.

We are at the crossroads as a nation and I really find it appalling when people that are supposed to be begging on their knees for votes while at the same admitting they failed in towering proportions;are the same ones who struts around in repulsive arrogance and dubious sophistry. They use the word 'Achievement' out of context while putting Economics on its head.

All the Major Economic and Welfare Indicators
have all been on the downward trend since the current Dispensation took over. Unemployment rate is currently at its all time highest of 29.5 percent. Poverty rate still around 70 percent. Using the new 2010 threshold, over 58 percent lives under the new poverty threshold of 1.25 dollars a day. And of the 90 million poor, 60 million are dependent leaving the 30 million difference 'working poor'.

We are now the 4th in the world in Mortality/
death rate. This is obviously a no-brainer because of our relentless Insurgents that have slain over 15,000 under this same dispensation and a non-existent social safety net that can cater for the poor majority especially in Health care. Life expectancy is just 52 years now (17 lowest in the world).

These haughty elements have a way of using lazy arguments that tends to justify their mediocrity and incompetence through comparing themselves with the previous regimes. Let the facts speak for itself then.

No other president earned up to 50% of the amount of resources the current government earned from oil and yet with very little outcomes. Obasanjo met 5 billion in foreign reserves and the average monthly oil price for 72 months of his regime was 38 dollars and yet left 43 billion dollars in reserves even after paying 12 billion to write off Nigeria's external debt.
In the last five years of Goodluck Jonathan's
administration, average monthly oil price has
been over 100 dollars and the quantity produced also higher, yet our foreign reserves have been declining and exchange rate has hit all time low.

Just within last year, foreign reserves fell by 11.45 billion dollars (that's over 2 trillion). That's like a fall of like 23.65%. Which begs the question why will our reserves deplete that much in the face of an oil boom that happened in those periods of his administration?.

No other president had the rate of borrowing and forex earnings yet couldn't even add one penny to foreign reserves like the Goodluck Jonathan's administration. How can foreign reserves be depleting at a time of an oil boom and Government borrowing be rising astronomically at such times?. It makes no common sense not to mention Economic sense.

Tax/GDP ratio is just around 12% and only 4% is from non-oil revenue. A further fact that shows our GDP growth has little effect on fiscal policies because of a weak tax system making economic inequality to keep soaring.
Public debt (both external and domestic) is in
excess of 40 billion dollars. Its now 19% of GDP. Add to this the fact that abandoned capital projects littered all over the country amount to over 50 billion dollars.

Even the Buhari they so demonize as
'unintelligent' and tyrannical still recorded better important economic and welfare statistics-Foreign direct Investment (net inflows),Unemployment,Inflation, mortality rate, life expectancy,just to mention a few.

The highest poverty rate figure Buhari left was around 46%. He also recorded a huge increase in Foreign Direct Investment (net inflows) of 156.7% in 1984-85. This obviously will be due to his stands on Corruption. Most Investors will obviously want to invest in a country with a sustained financial discipline. Inflation also averaged around 7% during his dispensation too with a 23% and 58% fall in consumer's prices in 1984 and 1985 respectively.

In comparison, the highest increase in FDI
Goodluck Jonathan's dispensation recorded was between 2010-2011 of around 46%. Since then, it has been fallen by 19.68% by the end of 2012, and 21% in 2013. Inflation as at february is 8.4%.

Currently Exchange rate is at its all time worst figure compared to any regime that has ruled. If you combine that with a depleting foreign reserves (that could even be used to fight the exchange rate crisis), you could then imagine the damage that has been caused in 6 years.

Even the so-called noise we hear about the
achievement recorded in the Agricultural sector is in conflict with the facts when compared with the past administration. The Growth rate of the Agric sector in the last 5 years still remains far below the performance of Obasanjo (check CBN bulletin 2013).

The unproductive programs of SURE-P, YOU-WIN etc. couldn't decrease our poverty rate,
unemployment rate by even a percentage point. Even Gross Fixed Capital Formation has been almost stagnant when you check the statistics (worldbank data) since 2011.
The statistics are overwhelmingly disturbing, I
can go on and on. But then, my aim is just to set the record straight and make these bourgeoisies know that we are not fools. We understand the basics and see it all.

Some humility is needed when these people
campaign and some admitting of their unrivalled failure. You say someone isn't 'intelligent' enough to rule a country yet your own administration records the most unintelligent policies that drove our economy into doldrums and made people worse off in terms of welfare.

Intelligence by the way, is a pregnant and relative term. Its ridiculous to equate certificate acquisition with it. Correlation doesn't in any way imply causation. There are several people that I have drank from their wealth of wisdom yet they didn't pass through the four walls of a University. While at the same time have been disappointed by the wit of some graduates when we get down to brass tacks in issues of technical nature.
Obasanjo and some other heads of states didn't pass through University and yet made some sound economic policies. The reason is that they could compensate for that certificate gap they had by their ability to fix round pegs in round holes in their administration. They elevated merit far above mediocrity in forming their team. The point here is, using sardonic education chants to disparage your opposition while arrogating some sense of Justification to this dispensation's monumental failure is nothing short of ridiculous. And frankly its becoming annoying.

Some clarification of motive is necessary at this point. My overriding aim is to clear the air on various lies being shoved down our throat by this administration. It doesn't necessarily mean am doing it because I believe the opposition will be any better. I am not a soothsayer. Nevertheless, advocating for change at this point we are is a Rational decision.

In Economics, a decision or forecast is said to be Rational when it makes use of 'All available
information' to arrive at its conclusion. So in that regard, its rational for people to say they can't continue like this. The same song of change will be sung for the opposition if they fail. Its just that simple. That's how a nation develops. And judging by the facts, we are miles far from development currently.

1 Like

Re: The Worst Administration In History by DesChyko: 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
If I just witnessed..
An accounting student insisting there are cracks on the bridge.
An igbo linguistics student claiming almost all presidents of America were ex-soldiers.
A physiology undergraduate claiming devaluation has no advantage whatsoever.
If I just witnessed a man claim to stabilize crude oil price if given the mantle of Nigerian leadership,
Why the hell should this surprise me?

Politics has the knack for turning an SSCE aspirant into a Ph. D holder with 42 degrees in every fieldgrin
Re: The Worst Administration In History by oremusanctus: 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2015
Sai jonathan
Sai transformation
God bless d commander in chief
He deserves a second chance
How can youths put dem fate in a 72 years old man
I pity our generations of now
Re: The Worst Administration In History by bokohalal(m): 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
oremusanctus:
Sai jonathan
Sai transformation
God bless d commander in chief
He deserves a second chance
How can youths put dem fate in a 72 years old man
I pity our generations of now

Edoman, you ran away from the Oshiomole thread. I repeat, come and enumerate what PDP did in Edo State and for every one road tarred by PDP I will give twenty by Oshiomole. For every school built another twenty by Oshiomole. For anything PDP put on the ground in Edo state in ten years twenty for Oshiomole.
Re: The Worst Administration In History by kaybams1(m): 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
At some point, a little common sense has to prevail in this country. I hope it eventually does.

(1) (Reply)

APC Debuts Youth Show Featuring Olamide And Others / News Alert:gunshots All Through The Night In Ekiti / Buhari Wins Oyo (final Result)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.