Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:29 AM

We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan (17960 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / PDP In Pole Position To Take Over EDO STATE by Friday OJ / Aregbesola To Pay March, April Salaries By Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by kadas01(m): 9:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday expressed the confidence that Nigerian troops will recapture Gwoza from members of the Boko Haram Sect latest by Friday.

Once that feat is achieved, he said it would not take the nation more than one week to clean up.

Jonathan spoke while granting audience to a group of international election monitors who paid him a visit at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

“We believe that by Thursday, or latest Friday, we will be able to take over Gwoza. If we take over Gwoza, it will not take us more than one week to clean up. Now Boko Haram members are not in position to come out and disrupt elections,” Jonathan told his guests.

He recalled that when security operatives advised that elections be rescheduled for security reasons, a number of people thought it was just because of the terror attacks in some parts of the North.

He however admitted that that was a major factor too because the Boko Haram sect was in three states: Borno, Yobe and Adamawa at that time.

“They were holding territories, some local governments were completely under their control and invariably there was no government in those places.

“And of course, some states like Gombe and Bauchi were also not free. In fact, it would have been difficult to conduct elections in five states‎ of the federation.

“If we had conducted elections on that February 14, they would have come up to disrupt elections in these five states and that would have made the presidential elections in these five states inconclusive.

“There are 14 Presidential candidates but the PDP and the APC candidates are the two that are well known.

“It would have been difficult because probably the vote difference of any of these candidates, if you aggregate the remaining five states that elections would have been disrupted, it would have been difficult to declare a winner.”

Jonathan added that Gombe State was attacked on the same day the presidential election was earlier scheduled to hold.

He said the aim of the insurgents was to disrupt the elections but they were repelled.

The President assured his guests that elections would be conducted on Saturday across the country and there would be no reason for inclusive results.
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/we-will-recapture-gwoza-by-friday-says-jonathan/

3 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by temitemi1(m): 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
Capture by friday n election will be won on saturday grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Kingpinukecy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
grin
Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Kingpinukecy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
if he can capture dem,den let him go ahead....but if he knws he is not capable of doing it...let him jux stay calm and wait till afta election,b4 he will die 4notin because we don't need GMB..... We r looking up 2 u for change GEJ

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Tolexander: 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
may God help Nigerian Troop to succeed!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Tolexander: 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
Kingpinukecy:
if he can let him go ahead....but if i knws he is not capable of doing it...let him jux stay calm and wait till afta election,b4 he will die 4notin because we don't need GMB..... We r looking up 2 u GEJ
can someone explain the meaning of this post

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by 42n8dzydoo(m): 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2015
Tolexander:
I think he forgot to write in English

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Kingpinukecy(m): 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
Tolexander:
tolex don't misundastan me ok.its typing error,go and read it again. I tink u will undastan berra.... sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by doctokwus: 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2015
kadas01:
the PDP and the APC candidates are the two that are well known.

“It would have been difficult because probably the vote difference of any of these candidates, if you aggregate the remaining five states that elections would have been disrupted, it would have been difficult to declare a winner.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/we-will-recapture-gwoza-by-friday-says-jonathan/
Even GEJ has finally admitted that without elections in 5 states in d far north it wud have been difficult for him to win!
So with elections in these states now,GEJ has secretly admitted that GMB wud win the elections as we all know!!
God thank u for finally making GEJ to say d truth once in his presidency!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by vedd: 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
Where is Gwoza self? -- Jona.

36 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by RedArrow: 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
...And when will the Chibok girls return home? Saturday Morning?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by kodded(m): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
Gej

4 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Tolexander: 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
Kingpinukecy:
tolex don't misundastan me ok.its typing error,go and read it again. I tink u will undastan berra.... sad
alright bro.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by kadas01(m): 9:28pm On Mar 25, 2015

2 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by POPdecorator: 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Since six year? No problem and don't forget ur promise "u will kill shekau b4 election

sai buhari

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
I ask again- how many Gwoza we get self?

4 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by 42n8dzydoo(m): 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
[quote author=kadas01 post=32003489][/quote]
I'm sure you are thinking like this dude!

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by SaiBuharii: 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
H
Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by CaptainAmerica1: 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Suspicious

5 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Richie0974: 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
Good but anyways....
Sai Buhari...

7 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by 42n8dzydoo(m): 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
[quote author=kadas01 post=32003489][/quote]
I don't know how this machine works, but it sure do have a message for you!

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
How many times do you have to capture and recapture, the Chadian army did what you couldn't do and asked you to occupy them, but NO, the Nigerian Army could't occupy them due to their lack of trust in the leadership of jonaTAN, the troubles will be over soon, March 28th will begin that journey.

[b]- The GEJ Administration has:
1) Not added a dime to the external reserves despite earning far higher revenues than any Nigerian president in history;
2) Depleted external reserves to about $29bn;
3) Escalated external debt;
4) Slowed down growth in the economy, now expected to grow below 6% for 2015;
5) Pushed unemployment now over 23%;
6) Caused poverty incidence to hover above 71%;
7) Overseen domestic debt ballooning to N7.65trn from N4.55tn in 2010;
8.) Depleted the excess crude account to less than $1bn
9) The worst exchange rate in the history of this country;
10) Presided over 500% jump in payment of petrol subsidies to over N1.4trn ($8.9bn) in 2011 and 2012 respectively from just under N261bn ($1.6bn) in 2006.
We had been promised steady Power with a plan as GEJ campaigned in 2011. In 2015, he says we should try to understand why power has not gone above 4500MW in four years. The "private sector" that won bids are not even able to provide needed funds to turn the critical sector around which then begs the question, how were they picked in the first place? Considering the depth of financing needed to make the sector work, I am surprised the government did not invite foreign investors to take ownership in a few of the Discos/Transcos/Gencos and allow competition and efficiency (ala MTN & MTel) to kill off, buy or merge with the inefficient investors. I doubt we will get a better deal in Power if GEJ is given another 4 years as the first set of investors have now invested in his next 4 years and will certain dictate the tune.

Vote for a better Nigeria, Vote APC.

#Sai Buhari
#Sai Osinbajo
#Call10bring5
[/b]

WEB
www.call10bring5.com

FACEBOOK
www.facebook.com/call10bring5

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by kristisking(m): 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
Seconded and their master Buhari will be put where he belongs as usual come this Saturday.No way for a fanatic.Buhari should wait till Arewa Republic is carved out of this false entity called Nigeria.Chai Buhari.Kai Buhari no vacancy in Aso Rock till 2039.GEJ carry go,forward ever,backward never.Let those Nigerians with short memories continue to shout change,Buhari will soon call for their heads.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by florysandrile22: 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
Do you want to become a professional web developer and make social websites like
Facebook Learn it now in just 2 months!
Visit this link and start learning for FREE! >>
http://googlecrawlmisto..com/ Hurry Now!
Offer Closes Soon!
Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Iykebestbt(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
Nonsenses
Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
[size=30pt]for how many years
I'm just totally fed up of this current govt, can't just wait....

#EnoughIsEnough

#VoteWisely

#VoteGMB[/size]

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by bigv(m): 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
It is not in my nature to insult elders. I'm sorry but sometimes I can't help but laugh at Gej. cheesy

He lives up to expectation lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 25, 2015
I have the article once again - it lacks philosophy!
Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by ratchetwrench: 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
Waoh
Re: We Will Recapture Gwoza By Friday, Says Jonathan by Greg2015(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hmmmm Capture why now ? Election Scope. GMB f real..................Chanji...........

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ali Modu Sheriff Arrives Akure, Ondo To Flag Off Campaign For Jimoh Ibrahim / Senate To Bar FIRS, Customs, NBC, 57 Others From Getting Federal Allocations / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.