Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash (32550 Views)

The Baale Of Akoka's Car Somersaulted On The 3rd Mainland Bridge / Driver Almost Burnt Alive On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Fatal Accident Today At Third Mainland Bridge,Lagos,Many Feared Dead(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by lalasticlala(m): 10:05pm On Mar 25, 2015
A riot policeman on a motorcycle was burnt to death on Tuesday at the UNILAG waterfront end of the Third Mainland Bridge, Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that his colleague, who was in critical condition, suffered burns injuries and had been rushed to a medical facility by rescue officials attached to the Lagos State Ambulance Service.

Our correspondent was told by some officials of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority that the two men were riding the motorcycle marked, Lagos APP 738 QC, towards the Oworonshoki area of the state, when the incident happened.

The motorcycle was said to have a lone crash and tumbled on the men.

As the policemen were still smarting from the pain of the fall, the fuel in the bike reportedly spilled on the exhaust pipe, which ignited fire and resulted in an explosion.

The policemen were said to be carrying tear gas canisters and some other inflammable materials, which were said to have worsened the incident.

While one of the officers was burnt beyond recognition, the other was rescued by the LASTMA and LASAMBUS officials.

When our correspondent arrived at the scene of the crash, he saw the burnt remains of the motorcycle.

An eyewitness, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said LASAMBUS took the survivor to a hospital around 7am.

He said, “Two mobile policemen had a lone accident this morning while riding a motocycle towards the Oworonshoki area. They had an accident and fell off the bike. When they did, the fuel of the machine poured on the silencer, and that was how it went up in flames.

“Meanwhile, they were also carrying perfumes, tear gas and that worsened the situation. It was LASAMBUS that came for the survivor, while policemen from the Adekunle division came to take the dead policeman away.”

Our correspondent was told that the accident created a gridlock on the road as the rescue agencies cleared the bridge of the debris.

Another official of the agency said the casualties were policemen.

He said, “The machine was a complete write-off. It will take a miracle for the second policeman to survive from what I saw. They also had fuel in a keg.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident, but said he could not confirm if the deceased was a police officer.

He said, “The incident happened and the rescued policeman is receiving treatment. He is not dead. The other man, nobody can tell his identity because he was burnt beyond recognition.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/policeman-dies-in-third-mainland-bridge-okada-crash/

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by peteruuu(m): 10:06pm On Mar 25, 2015
RIP to the dead.

PLEASE,Y'ALL SHOULD NOT FORGET TO VOTE FOR GMB THIS COMING SATURDAY !..MARCH 28,MARCH4BUHARI !!

SAI BUHARI,SAI BABA!!
WE NEED CHANGE !!!!!!!!

HIT LIKE IF YOU'RE IN SUPPORT OF GMB

SHARE IF YOU'RE IN SUPPORT OF GEJ

LET'S SEE WHO WINS HERE.

AS FOR ME,I AM VOTING FOR GMB!!!!!!!

210 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by omanifrank(m): 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
too bad
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2015
What an unfortunate incident. RIP to the dead.
Graphic though.
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by mabeni(m): 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
rIP to the Dead!
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by purplesummer(f): 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2015
They were probably rushing off to a pre-election assignment. It's unfortunate they had highly flammable items on them. cry
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
Rip to the dead.....i hope some sick people will not come and blame governor fashola....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Collynzo419: 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
This is very sad and heartbreaking.

May he rest in peace. A nasty way to go.

I am particularly sad that he will not be alive to witness the change coming to his country.

May God be with his loved ones and may the change coming to this country through a Buhari presidency be enough succor for them.

Amen!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by noblealuu: 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2015
It's a pity, what a loss!
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by CR77(f): 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
Chai na accidental discharge oo

RIP to the dead.
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by suruwilliams(m): 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
Booked grin
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by cococandy(f): 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
What a terrible way to die cry

1 Like

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Lildreezy(m): 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
[quote author=peteruuu post=32004694]RIP to the dead.

PLEASE,Y'ALL SHOULD NOT FORGET TO VOTE FOR GMB THIS COMING SATURDAY !..MARCH 28,MARCH4BUHARI !!

SAI BUHARI,SAI BABA!!
WE NEED CHANGE !!!!!!!!

Ode

Recieve sense in Jesus name.

12 Likes

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by kaywiluv(f): 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Too bad. R.I.P to the dead.
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by oremusanctus: 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
Islam!
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by loomer: 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
How many different stories go carry dis pix
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Sommey(m): 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2015
Too bad. May God console his family.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Janiobi(m): 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
peteruuu:
RIP to the dead.

SAI BUHARI,SAI BABA!!
WE NEED CHANGE !!!!!!!!

LET'S SEE WHO WINS HERE.

You don they mad since october 1st 1960

12 Likes

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
peteruuu:
RIP to the dead.

SAI BUHARI,SAI BABA!!
WE NEED CHANGE !!!!!!!!

LET'S SEE WHO WINS HERE.

Don't bring politics into everything. Very disgusting and insenstive. Do not behave like the man you want to vote out, who all he cares for is about power and not human lives. RIP to this police officer. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

-CramJones

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
CR77:
tongue
you well so undecided

ZLεεмŠЂªĐĐΨ
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Alphonsocapone(m): 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
RIP to the dead
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by florysandrile22: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Do you want to become a professional web developer and make social websites like Facebook Learn it now in just 2 months!
Visit this link and start learning for FREE! Click here now!>> http://googlecrawlmisto..com/
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by saasala(m): 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Who else would I blame aside GEJ...Yes, I said it.

1 Like

peteruuu:
RIP to the dead.

SAI BUHARI,SAI BABA!!
WE NEED CHANGE !!!!!!!!

LET'S SEE WHO WINS HERE.

I pity all d brainwashed nigerian youths.
Every thing na politics politics dis days. see d man wey die nw. aw d likes nd shares wey u go get won take wake am up.

4 Likes

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by brainpulse: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2015
Hope the machine was not seized from an innocent Nigerian and the law of karma took its course (Nigeria Police some times are nt worth piting). RIP to the dead sha

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by UnclevicYBNL(m): 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2015
[/color][color=#000000]If dem like make them go look bush
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Lagusta(m): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
oremusanctus:
Islam!

Madman

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
Really bad
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
peteruuu:
RIP to the dead.

SAI BUHARI,SAI BABA!!
WE NEED CHANGE !!!!!!!!

LET'S SEE WHO WINS HERE.

We are talking about some people's death you are seeking for likes and shares nawa

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by oathman(m): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
OMG
Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2015
WOOOOW... THIS IS GREAT NEWS.

HE WAS PROBABLY RIDING RECKLESSLY ON AN IMPOUNDED MOTORCYCLE.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Dies On Third-mainland- Bridge Okada Crash by kelobestline(m): 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2015
RIP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Road Safety Officers Or Road Nuisance Officers / N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / Car Wash Man Escapes Death As He Crashes Customer's Vehicle During 'Test Drive'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.