Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix (8343 Views)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / Graphic Pictures Of Christians Slaughtered In Islamic Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by MuttleyLaff: 7:43am On May 18, 2015
Pr0ton:
One thing leads to another, and we are still in the same context. The fact that you are yet to refute my rubuttals shows how unavoidable the flaw is. Stop the ramblings about moving from one phase to another. Refute, or give up that God was wicked and cruel afterall.
You set off on a wrong foot clutching straws, when you started with Leviticus 18:16 and 20:21.
Now you've come up with this strawman rebuttal that God is wicked and cruel
Bravo, encore!
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by johnw74: 11:30am On May 18, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
So if not all times, are you saying, God at times DOESNT kill sinners
What killed Adam in Eden?
I guess by your logic, God did, isnt it?

You are weird.

It's funny you're trying to find refuge in Pro 30:6
It's even more hilarious that you dont realise that out of ulterior motives, hidden agenda, ignorance, lack of understanding Hebraic culture, lack of understanding Aramaic/Hebraic idioms, lack of understanding Aramaic/Hebraic way of speaking or manner of writing etc, a lot was added to the Bible by translators and transliterators

The number one myth about Bible translation is that, it is a word-for-word translation. Words have been added to the Bible, all translated bibles to-date, either had words added or removed. This is for another post

Like I did before, I'll refer you to another one of my earlier post,
where I wrote "Please understand how people talk, especially in this case, the Aramaic/Hebraic manner of writing or talking"
https://www.nairaland.com/2217256/87-christians-probably-dont-know/1#33821241

and https://www.nairaland.com/2217256/87-christians-probably-dont-know/1#33823773
where I wrote:
That hebrew word, in Gen 38:10 translated to English, is the verb "to die"
so God allowed Onan to die, as earlier all along implying

Some people cannot admit a wrong,
you are one of them.

And you reject scripture showing God at times does kill.
And you change scripture from God killed Onan to God allowed Onan to die,
to your peril.

Gen 38:10 And what he did was evil in the eyes of Jehovah. Therefore He killed him also.

1 Like

Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by johnw74: 12:05pm On May 18, 2015
Pr0ton:

One thing leads to another, and we are still in the same context. The fact that you are yet to refute my rubuttals shows how unavoidable the flaw is. Stop the ramblings about moving from one phase to another. Refute, or give up that God was wicked and cruel afterall.

God is never wicked and cruel,
all of His Judgments are just.
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by anukulapo: 5:11pm On May 18, 2015
Xcozee:

I'm waiting 4u to probably teach me, mr. Know all...

So u think u know the bible all?
I'm sorry. I can't teach you. I don't see you as a good student. lolz
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by MuttleyLaff: 5:30pm On May 18, 2015
johnw74:
You are weird.
Forget weirdness, just answer the question, so we can move on

johnw74:
Some people cannot admit a wrong,
you are one of them.
This coming from you, shows you come before me, you're miles ahead in not able to admit a wrong

johnw74:
And you reject scripture showing God at times does kill.
Why does God, at times, kill?
How does God, at times, kill?
How did God kill Onan?

johnw74:
And you change scripture from God killed Onan to God allowed Onan to die, to your peril.
Show me which bible translations has not changed what is in the original text.
No bible translation is verbatim, just admit you love your dairy so much, you prefer not to be weaned off it.

johnw74:
Gen 38:10 And what he did was evil in the eyes of Jehovah. Therefore He killed him also.
OK, you asked for it. The gloves come off. Lets do a bit of exegesis on "kill" in Gen 38:10 (i.e. a bit of what does it mean?)
What is the Hebrew word used for "kill" in the original text?
What does that word used for "kill" in the original text mean in Hebrew?
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by MuttleyLaff: 5:53pm On May 18, 2015
johnw74:
God is never wicked and cruel,
all of His Judgments are just.
He wants to demonise God thats why he tried bringing on that strawman
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Xcozee(m): 8:12pm On May 18, 2015
Pr0ton:

God that I know can't be what u just mentioned! May God 4give us all!
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Xcozee(m): 8:31pm On May 18, 2015
anukulapo:
I'm sorry. I can't teach you. I don't see you as a good student. lolz
Exactly, kos I m a 'better' student...not 'good. in fact what am I saying? am no longer a student. Sorry bro
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by johnw74: 12:42am On May 19, 2015
Xcozee:

I'm waiting 4u to probably teach me,

anukulapo:

I'm sorry. I can't teach you

MuttleyLaff will teach you cheesy
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by johnw74: 2:44am On May 19, 2015
MuttleyLaff:

OK, you asked for it. The gloves come off. Lets do a bit of exegesis on "kill" in Gen 38:10 (i.e. a bit of what does it mean?)
What is the Hebrew word used for "kill" in the original text?
What does that word used for "kill" in the original text mean in Hebrew?

grin
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by anukulapo: 6:36am On May 19, 2015
Xcozee:
Exactly, kos I m a 'better' student...not 'good. in fact what am I saying? am no longer a student. Sorry bro
Ahahahahahah. Student know-it-all. Enjoy your day.
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Nobody: 7:09am On May 19, 2015
mikesaj:
Lolzz!!!
I just read read it mehn, hahaha.

This is the NIV version (Genesis 38:9)
"9 But Onan knew that the child would not be his; so whenever he slept with his brother’s wife, he spilled his '_semen' on the ground to keep from providing offspring for his brother.

10 What he did was wicked in the Lord’s sight; so the Lord put him to death also."

it was a Jewish tradition for a man to marry his brothers wife and raise children for him if he dies without offspring. If he marries the woman, he is not going to marry any other woman. That means he is not going to have children of his own even though he will have children with his brothers widow but the children will bear his brothers name.
The guy in question was really wicked to attempt to deny his brother offspring. That is what angered God to kill him, not because he spilled seen on the ground though it is wrong.
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by MuttleyLaff: 5:42pm On May 19, 2015
johnw74:
MuttleyLaff will teach you cheesy

johnw74:
grin
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by MuttleyLaff: 6:02pm On May 19, 2015
victorels:
it was a Jewish tradition for a man to marry his brothers wife and raise children for him if he dies without offspring. If he marries the woman, he is not going to marry any other woman. That means he is not going to have children of his own even though he will have children with his brothers widow but the children will bear his brothers name.
The guy in question was really wicked to attempt to deny his brother offspring.
That is what angered God to kill him, not because he spilled seen on the ground though it is wrong.
The paramount objective of the whole idea was that he marry Tamar and produce offspring(s)
Though I know which is more plausible, I can make two guesses why he did not want to produce the offspring
1 - His brother was wicked, so he did not want to produce and have his child bear his wicked brother's name
2 - He wanted the double portion inheritance for himself

Anyway, the whole Judah-Tamar thing is an interesting build up
People say once bitten twice shy, so I empathize with Judah withholding the third son from marrying Tamar,
but out of desperation, this prompted Tamar, to set up a scheme which got Judah entangled in
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Empiree: 5:46am On May 25, 2015
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by MuttleyLaff: 7:49am On May 25, 2015
Empiree:
Knockout h t t ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAXpy-FAoK4
Knockout ko, bingo ni
Ogbeni, what is your point?
What has this video got to do with the original post?
Oya explain yourself
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Xcozee(m): 8:27pm On May 26, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Knockout ko, bingo ni Ogbeni, what is your point? What has this video got to do with the original post? Oya explain yourself
I tire
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Xcozee(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2015
please I have mailed the MOD for the religion section and also to the SuperMods, yet none has replied...pls reply me. Thanks in anticipation Cc: seun, lalasticlala
Re: 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix by Chuukwudi(m): 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
Xcozee:
please I have mailed the MOD for the religion section and also to the SuperMods, yet none has replied...pls reply me. Thanks in anticipation Cc: seun, lalasticlala

So you also want to tell the world that's it's also biblically alright for a man to sleep with his brother's wife.

Would you like your bro to sleep with your wife when you are gone?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Testimonies Of Gods Power And Existence. Aitheists Come And Read. / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / How To Open Your 3rd Eye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.