Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,441 members, 7,954,744 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:22 AM

Marital Issues: In Need Of Advice - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marital Issues: In Need Of Advice (4728 Views)

Serious Marital Issues In The USA / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Marital Issues: In Need Of Advice by bukatyne(f): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2015
Closetoheart:
Thank you all. As for d car, i put our names: adekunle and ciroma nwachukwu.

As for my MIL...Case continues

You be WAEC official ? Lol!

@MIL calling your child her last born: I don't know where you are from but my mum used to say that one's first born is like her sister

By that logic, your MIL is 'right'

She might mean no harm and understand that your MIL will probably be less boundary conscious than your mom.

@car: good one
Not a fan of single ownership in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Marital Issues: In Need Of Advice by dlinglos(f): 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
I had a similar experience (my MIL insisting on a name for my child in fact at a point I felt I had no influence or control over my own child as she was almost completely in charge and my husband too at the time felt everything was normal) so i know how it feels. Yes she is there to help you but that does not mean she should enforce what you don't want. Marriage is between you and your husband. She should respect that space. This is your home not hers! What I'll say is try not let is border you. Let her call your child what ever name she wants, you go ahead to call your child the name you have given her which should also be her official name. You also have to be diplomatic and prayerful about this and every other issue relating to your mother in law.
About the car, i would say use your name since its your money but you are in the best position to decide base on the relationship and ways of doing things between you and your husband.
Re: Marital Issues: In Need Of Advice by bigfly: 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
Closetoheart:

I hope you did not take the advice of most ladies I read here, they are potential future disaster.

First your mother in-law mean no harm neither is she a winch or diabolical like some one suggested. She is just a proud grandmother who received her greatest medal. She is just like my mother, she would not mind taking her to her place if you give her the chance and when your daughter grows up she will always want her to spend her holidays with her.
Just play diplomacy game with her, dance to her tune in her presence and do your will behind her.

Secondly on the issue of car, I will rather wish you register it in his name, it does not take away the ownership from you but it shows you recognize his role as the head. This will bring more joy to his heart, reduce any doubt of Supriority battle at home and it will give him assurance that you will not be a dominant wife even if you are richer than him.
Just like someone said, men enjoy pampered ego, it makes them relax even if they are not that boyant in marriage. The moment they are awere that they are behind, bitterness kicks in and the bond will never remain the same.

Please do not listen to most of the advise given to you by most ladies on this thread, it is filled with egomaniac, compitetive and unpritical actions which is the major reason for many troubled marriages now a days.

May God give you the wisdom to succeed in your marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infidelity - I’m Still In Pain / Wonders Shall Never End...11 Children From One Mother. (pic) / Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.