Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life (2328 Views)

22 Quotes That Will Make You Think / 15 Bizarre Facts That Will Change The Way You See The World! / These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by femimike1(m): 10:53am On Mar 26, 2015
Good morning everyone, found this interesting and thought I should share with u

1. “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.”

Remember to follow the “Golden Rule!”

2. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”

Ignorance is the greatest cause of suffering. Enlightenment is our liberation.

3. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Another saying I love: 1000 repetitions answers all questions.

4. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”

You really have to open your mind to see the beauty in the world. See the world through clear eyes.

5. “The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage.”

Another quote is “The object of the superior man is truth.”
6. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”

This is a great one. It’s important to be all in, all there, wherever you are.

7. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.”

We all will fail at some point or another. But true failure is only when we fail to get up.

8. “He who learns but does not think, is lost. He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.”

There’s more to being well educated than reading books. Remember to think critically.

9. “He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.”

And remember, your mind is one of your most important tools.

10. “If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?”

This is one I could benefit from applying more to my own life. My life is good, all things considered. Yet I still feel some anxiety about my life and choices. Maybe that’s normal, but Confucius has a good point. If there’s nothing wrong in your heart, let go of your worry.

Source: http://higherperspectives.com/confucius-quotes/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by TRADELYN: 10:54am On Mar 26, 2015
shocked
Excellent.
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by FEROH: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2015
wow... Very inspiring
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by femimike1(m): 10:57am On Mar 26, 2015
^^ yea smiley
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2015
Guess what op,that philosopher was as atheist as me currently and quote number 2 was used against the christians/theist folks
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by yomi007k(m): 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2015
Beautiful
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by femimike1(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
In what way , bro?

aaronson:
Guess what op,that philosopher was as atheist as me currently and quote number 2 was used against the christians/theist folks
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by Kelklein(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
This Confucius guy sef...confusing people since 600BC

nice one tho...
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
femimike1:
In what way , bro?

Read in between the lines and you figure out what the sentence means
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by eightsin(m): 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
Not bad
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by buggaboo: 12:11am On Mar 27, 2015
aaronson:

Atheists believe that there is no God.
Don't you think that goes against quote number 2.
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 27, 2015
buggaboo:

Atheists believe that there is no God.
Don't you think that goes against quote number 2.
for the record,I'm atheist and quote number 2 was meant for the theists period!
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by missdebs(f): 2:11am On Mar 27, 2015
number 10 is for GEJ and mama peace
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by femimike1(m): 8:21am On Mar 27, 2015
Example?
missdebs:
number 10 is for GEJ and mama peace
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by buggaboo: 11:52pm On Mar 28, 2015
aaronson:
for the record,I'm atheist and quote number 2 was meant for the theists period!

Ok I'll try again...
Number 2 says that true knowledge is knowing that you don't know.
Being an atheist means that you know that there is no God.

Now your belief goes against number 2 doesnt it?
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 29, 2015
buggaboo:

Ok I'll try again...
Number 2 says that true knowledge is knowing that you don't know.
Being an atheist means that you know that there is no God.

Now your belief goes against number 2 doesnt it?

*smiles,even a cradle would understand the extent of your intelligence for inability to decipher words from opposite in the right context.#psychological religion fixation#
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by demmy0325(m): 8:17am On Mar 29, 2015
Re: 10 Confucius Quotes That Will Change Your Life by widowhusband: 4:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
I think 2 is directed at theists ,who atheist see as pple do not even use their brain to 'check' their doctrines. like they r zombie and have not even bothered to know the extent of their personal knowlege not to talk of approaching esoteric .... Well i remain theist sha

(1) (Reply)

Ideas Of Ats/ican Tutorial Centre In Ibadan. / Challenge Your Brain With This Pic / Scholarships, Free Assistance For Study In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.