Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Aquiring Marriage Certificate In Nigeria. Badly Need Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Aquiring Marriage Certificate In Nigeria. Badly Need Help! (448 Views)

Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) / Marriage Certificate. / I Miss Place My Marriage Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aquiring Marriage Certificate In Nigeria. Badly Need Help! by NBH15: 4:53pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hi Everyone. I would be grateful if someone could provide me with some help or information on aquiring an original or certified copy of my marriage certificate. I am a non Nigerian national that married a Nigerian national in Nigeria around a decade ago. I am in the middle of seperation/divorce proceedings in my home country. I need the marriage certificate as a copy is not sufficent enough. My estranged husband did a runner with the original. I have no way of contacting him only through my MIL and I doubt I will have any luck retriving the certificate that way. I am basically in Limbo here as my solicitor requires the certificate otherwise it will be difficult for me to progress in the proceedings.
I asked my MIl if she could go to the registry and obtain another original, however I was told by her that they would not issue one to her. They will only issue one if both me and my estranged husband were there, not even one of us! Is this true? Please, I would be grateful if somebody could advise me or provide some info on how I could obtain an original copy.

Thanks.
Re: Aquiring Marriage Certificate In Nigeria. Badly Need Help! by MRLINGTON(m): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2015
Ur wife should be able to assist u

(1) (Reply)

4 Important Ways To Save Your Marriage / Celine Cabas To Do This When / Photo Of President Jonathan Watching His Mum Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.