Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,365 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari (566 Views)

Looters Have Started Returning Stolen Money- Buhari / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / Recover Stolen Oil Money, Buhari Tells NNPC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari by Shedluck: 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives
Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), has
said he is not in the race for power or money.
He says he is in the race in response to the yearnings
of Nigerians for an improvement on their lives and the
betterment of Nigeria.

Buhari said this in Abuja on Thursday in what was said
to be his last media briefing before the crucial election.
He said Saturday’s election presents Nigerians a great
opportunity to end impunity and incompetence in
governance.

The APC candidate noted that 16 years under the
Peoples Democratic Party remained a story of despair,
despondency, disillusionment and pervasive fear,
caused by unprecedented insecurity.
He said the basic functions of the government such as
the security, welfare and happiness of the citizens
appeared only on the pages of newspaper.

According to him, it is morally wrong for any
government that has woefully failed in these basic
responsibilities to demand or expect another mandate
from the disillusioned citizens of Nigeria.
Buhari said, “I am not contesting this election because

I want power and money. I am doing so because
Nigerians believe I have what it takes to achieve the
much-needed change. When the people express
confidence in your ability and integrity to lead them,
you have a responsibility to answer the clarion call to
national service.

“The presidential election this Saturday, March 28,
2015, presents a great opportunity for Nigerians to
come out en-masse and vote to remove an
incompetent government from office. The beauty of
democracy is that it gives power to the people to
change the government peacefully.

“The PDP administration has exhausted all its goodwill
and lost all the argument on performance and
competence and is, as a result, seeking to retain power
at all costs, regardless of performance, which is a
shameless reflection of desperation and greed for
power.

“A government that abandons its citizens to their fates
has no reason to remain in office a day longer than
necessary.”

Source:- http://www.punchng.com/news/im-not-in-this-race-for-power-money-buhari/

Source:- http://guruswapaz.com/forum2_theme_111123351.xhtml?tema=405

1 Like

Re: I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari by chiefolododo(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2015
Unlike others
Re: I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari by Trailblazer1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
the last time you were pictured with a javelin while motivating your supporters to kill over 800 people after you lost the 2011 election, hope you're also going to improve the lives of the over 800 people you incited your supporters to kill

Hope the 11 corps Members butchered by your supporters in 2011 are part of the Nigeria you Want to better

Imagine a power thirsty man who has been chasing power by any means possible denying the obvious. Well, tell that to hungry and gullible APC supporters they will believe you cool.
Re: I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari by temitemi1(m): 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
Not for the money but for the cows grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
[size=20pt]Really?!! an avowed SHARIA evangelist will become religiously neutral - NIGERIAN Politicians can LIE!!! grin grin grin grin[/size]

TRUTH NO 1: - "I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria"

TRUTH NO 2: - "God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country""

TRUTH NO 3: - "It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear""

TRUTH NO 4: - "What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law,""

TRUTH NO 5: - "next presidential elections vote only for someone who would defend your faith""

How will General Muhammadu Buhari convince anyone but these APC bloodsuckers that he does not intend to wipe non-muslims the way Boko-Haram, ISIS and Al-queda are doing. Truly if GMB fails to win.. we will all be soaked in DOG and Baboons blood.
Re: I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari by crownprince102: 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2015
God bless the People's General
God bless the good citizens of this country
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.

#WeHaveDecided

1 Like

Re: I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari by egift(m): 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2015
Re: I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari by psucc(m): 9:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
Yes the man has a good intent.

But am afraid of his environment.
Re: I’m Not In This Race For Power, Money – Buhari by dunkem21(m): 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
We don't want any post election violence, simple.

Goodluck to you.

(1) (Reply)

We Want A CHANGE Of The Status Quo! / 10 Things That Usually Happen Every Election Day. / PDP Armed Thug Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.