Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

My Final Plea For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Final Plea For Buhari (685 Views)

"Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan / My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Final Plea For Buhari by Dsdada: 9:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
@dada_rotimi
“God allows us the integrity to make our own choice and the responsibility to accept whatever may come as a result”
- J. Andrew Kirk
“The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought about progress”
- Charles Kettering
This is a sequel to my previous paper on Facebook, Nairaland and on my blog- www.rotimiayodejidada..com “WHY SHOULD A CHRISTIAN SUPPORT A ‘KNOWN MOSLEM FANATIC’’
I want begin by appreciating all those who made comments and shared my post on Facebook-especially those whose opinion were at variance with mine. One of the greatest beauties of life is the ‘OPPOSITE’. Imagine a world of blacks and whites, without other colours, or worse still, a world of ‘black’ alone or ‘white’ alone. ‘Opposite’ and ‘difference’ shouldn’t divide us, rather it should help us better understand that God created us uniquely. It is this uniqueness that brings out daintiness that is deeply embedded in the framework of our lives. Thank you all.
I was however a bit mystified by the facts that all those who were against the candidacy of GMB failed to address the salient issues I raised in my last discourse viz fairness and equity, weak leadership/incompetence and debt management. So I want to assume then that they all agree that my raison d'être were germane. Standing on this supposition, I want to conclude that the only thing they might have against GMB is his alleged religious bigotry. Some respondents to the piece on my Facebook page were altogether apathetic or completely docile on the subject of voting - by saying “may God chose for us”. We must not forget that God is sovereign and will never shirk his responsibility. It is therefore irresponsible to attempt to do what God should do and it is equally reckless to fail to do what God expects of us to do. I am not only going to vote for GMB, I’ll pray for him, campaign for him and contribute to his campaign fund (I am doing all these already). One way to demand for accountability from our leaders is to contribute to their emergence. One because it would be unjust to ask for justice that you did not contribute to (contribution in this case means voting for or against the emergence of a candidate and equally contributing through other means). Even if your preferred candidate fails to win in an election, you have at least satisfied your conscience that you played your part and contributed meaningfully to the electoral process. The second reason we must not become apolitical, is that you can’t determine what happens on a platform that you contributed nothing to.
Some others chose to play the Ostrich and invariably making themselves the religious bigot they claimed GMB is. They aver that Christians ought not to support a Muslim candidate. In my first script, I asked such persons if GEJ was a Christian. I am forced to ask same question again, is GEJ a Christian?............... How do we think that a Muslim should never lead a nation having about the same population of Muslims and Christians? If we love our fellow countrymen, shouldn’t we allow people of other faiths have the same opportunities we have if they are qualified? More to this is that many politicians who are in themselves ‘Wolves in Sheep clothing’ have used the platform of religion to steal people’s mandate. It is therefore imperative for electorates to check out the credentials of anyone asking for their votes. Does the man who claims to be a devotee of a particular religion possess qualities of a good leader? Is he forthright, sincere, incorruptible, consistent, and is he a strong leader or a weakling?
MARCH 28 is here
In asking for an extension of the time for election, the National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki claimed that 6 weeks was needed to allow the security agencies deal with boko-haram and we have seen such progress that were impossible in 6 years achieved in less than 6 weeks-call that a miracle!. These events have already gone into the annals of this beloved country of ours as a Presidential miracle or call it Abrakadabra of some sort.
I am now going to propound theories bordering on the crisis in the North-east - usually, theories begat inventions. For the records, these are just hypothesis and no one should ask me for any evidence. When March 28 is gone, we’ll take stock of the efficacy of my propositions!
Theory #1
GEJ knows nothing about book-haram, he was only unfortunate to have been at the helm of affairs when the onslaught of book-haram began. He could have been able to better handle the situation, but saboteurs, bad advisers, members of book-haram in his cabinet and the opposition made it impossible for him. But now we are recording huge successes because all the aforementioned hurdles have been surmounted in just 5 weeks!
Theory #2
GEJ knew nothing about boko-haram. However, seeing they existed, he looked for means of deliberately allowing them to fester-if by any means it could help him cancel-out the number of votes that would accrue to the opposition in the North-East(traditionally, the North-East is home to the opposition). In this theory, measures like ill-equipping the military, allowing POW escape (mysteriously), refusing to prosecute/diligently prosecute suspected boko-haram members, e.t.c. were employed.
Theory #3
GEJ knew nothing about boko-harm, but saw in them a potential useful for his selfish gain. He then recruited them and some others of like mind (someone once said that we have many types of boko-haram- Economic, Political and Religious). This theory assumes that in this present situation, an admixture of the three aforementioned types of boko-haram, with possibly a fourth and a fifth is being employed.
Theory #4
GEJ knows nothing about boko-haram. However, gross incompetence, massive corruption, ethnic chauvinism allowed boko-haram become more relevant than her sister group Maitasine. He probably would have been able to stem the tide, but that was not possible due to the docility and indifference which is characteristically a common denomination of his (mal)administration.

CONCLUSION
As I conclude this sequel, I’ll like to appeal to all my readers to give GMB/PYO a chance to prove their mettle. Like I said in my first article, one of my motivations for supporting GMB has to do with the fact that I have given GEJ a fair chance when I was on his side in 2011, I did so because I thought to give him an opportunity to prove his worth-‘after all, he had no shoes’. However, GEJ has shown me that he could not be trusted with my mandate and naturally I should give another person same (equal) opportunity. I am now determined to allow GMB show me what he is capable of doing as a democrat and I want you to please join me on March 28th, 2015 to do the needful by voting for GMB.
Thank you.
God bless Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Your Vote Count / Fashola Accuses President Jonathan Of Showcasing Lagos Project As His / 2011 PDP States Won By GEJ Compared To 2015 Result Released So Far...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.