Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:30 AM

2015 General Election: Will Nigeria Get It Right? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 General Election: Will Nigeria Get It Right? (357 Views)

ISIS Supporters In Nigeria Get Visas From Turkish Embassy –syrian Envoy / Council Of State Concludes Meeting, Says Election Will Hold This February / 2015 General Elections Won’t Be Postponed – Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 General Election: Will Nigeria Get It Right? by BestGovernance(f): 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
2015 General Election: Will Nigeria get right?

My fellow Nigerians, whenever I reflect on political landscape of the most populous black nation, I wondered if Nigeria did not fall on another planet.

The current political tide is turbulence and clearly uncertain of whom it will favour, if 2015 had been 2013, I would have concluded that year ends with 3 has an issue with my country...`1983, 1993, 2003,...` Even though the lot is evidently between two major titans, consequences of our actions on Saturday 28th March, 2015 might not be different from past records. Did I
hear you saying why?

Historically, it is no more news that Nigeria clocked 50 and 100 years for independence and existence in the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan. However, GEJ himself has never considered his emergence as something germane for Nigeria future, I will leave that for another day.

In most cases, Nigeria do get cabal-imposed leaders who have never dreamed or wanted to sail the ship but dance to the tunes of self acclaimed owners of Nigeria. To me good governance should not be a rare rose or tall order in our society but our leaders have made it so through propaganda, corruption,
nepotism, rude of law instead of rule of law, distrust, dishonesty , in fact, the list is endless.

When democracy came back in 1999, our enthusiasm was on high side for good
governance but now what is happening.

Today, some are shouting change while others are echoing transformation but
my take is that for how long are we going to continue on this path of no destination.

Quite surprising that same people who have been in corridor of power since 1999 are now chanting change. They have bedevilled our country and now changed nomenclature. If truly the two camps are different, why are we having the same cabals who meant no good for common man on the street. They
all brought us to this level.

Why is it difficult to make our refineries perform to full capacity while other oil producing countries refine and even export refined oil, ‘a slothful man does not roast what he get from game’, national power grid is still 7500MW with less than 4000MW supply while South Africa of 60millions population is using 40,000MW, major
roads in the purview of local, state and federal government are dead traps,
developmental projects are being executed at astronomical cost and lots more.

Are we changing the occupant or the system. We are running the most exorbitant system of government, where many positions are without portfolios. We consume every prey in our coffer without thinking of investing a dime like a hunter but succeeding in exporting jobs for other
countries by consuming their output.

My take about the two folds is that they are the same and not ready to offer good governance but only aspiring to drain, empty and ruin our dear country.

However, this piece is neither to discourage your voting ambition nor to stop you
from voting, so please do well to exercise your civic duty.

To this end, I want to enjoin everyone not to vote by emotional permutation or by false claims and appraisal gushing out of the two camps.
My prayer is that the good God will give us a Nigerian as President not a Northerner or a Southerner President or a Muslim or a Christian President.
But a Nigerian who will not complicate our ethnical and religious diversity but turn it to huge advantages. A leader who has no trait of the bigwigs and *rider statemen* called elder statemen.

God bless Nigeria..........