Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari (927 Views)

The Support Nnamdi Kanu Is Getting From Yoruba Leaders Is Unprecedented -FFK / Edo Leaders Vow To Resist Attempt To Remove Oyegun / Ijaw, Itsekiri Leaders Vow To Shut Down Shell Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by lilianugo454: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
Facts are emerging on why prominent Yoruba leaders have vowed not to vote for the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd.), in the March 28 presidential elections.

Prominent Yoruba leaders and groups, including the two factions of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPF), the Afenifere Renewal Group and individual Yoruba leaders have sent in a flurry of support and endorsement of the candidature of incumbent President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)

Sources close to the pan-Yoruba cultural group, Afenifere, have blamed the leader of the APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for the woes that befell the South-West region in the present administration, especially as it concerns the loss of the Speakership of the House of Representatives.

One of the sources claimed it was Asiwaju Bola Tinubu that sponsored current Speaker, Aminu Bello Tambuwal, against the only Yoruba candidate to the post, Mrs. Mulikat Akande.

“The truth is that it was Tinubu’s backing of Tambuwal that eventually tipped the scale against the Yoruba nation. Because of that, the Yorubas are nowhere in the pecking order of this government. We are not the president, we are not the vice, we are not in the Senate and we are not in the House of Representatives. How do we support someone so selfish that he has to sell the privileges of the Yoruba nation to outsiders?” the source, who does not want to be named, said.

He went on to list other alleged sins of Tinubu and was certain that no Yoruba person worth his heritage would support anything projected by the man that is also popularly called the Jagaban.

According to the source, “The truth is that Tinubu has practically usurped the economy of Yoruba’s richest state. As we speak, the economy of Lagos is Tinubu and Tinubu is the economy of Lagos. We believe in equity and fairness and we are convinced Tinubu does not represent this.”

The source added that the position of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as vice presidential candidate of the APC would have been attractive enough to draw the Yoruba around the party, but argued that “the role played by Osinbajo in the usurpation of the Lagos economy and by extension all other APC-controlled states in the South-West makes this a difficult nut to swallow.”

“We are aware that Prof. Osinbajo has played a critical role in making Tinubu one of the richest Nigerians today,” the source said, adding: “As a lawyer, Osinbajo is a director in all companies directly or remotely linked to Tinubu. Even where you do not find Tinubu’s name on the board list, Osinbajo’s name would be there. This suggests that the APC vice presidential candidate is man that does the dirty money jobs for Asiwaju. If through him the economies of Lagos and some other Yoruba states have been taken over by one man, it therefore follows that as Vice President, the entire country may be heading in the same direction.

“Tinubu is a selfish man. Remember that after riding on the support of Afenifere and NADECO (National Democratic Coalition) to become governor of Lagos in 1999, the very first assignment he did after assuming office was to attempt to destroy our cultural group in order to make himself the undisputed leader of the Yoruba nation.”

On how they are working to ensure he is stopped this time around, the source said Afenifere and OPC are working together and sensitising the people to ensure that President Goodluck Jonathan comes of victorious in the region and in other parts of the country.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2015
mtcheeeeeeeew, nah dier palava. shey all of 'em reach 10, make dem go siddon jhoor.

#sai_buhari
GMB2015
#CHANGE

4 Likes

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by MayorofLagos(m): 11:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
Dont trouble your mind....
On Saturday we shall find out.
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by gen2briz(m): 11:07pm On Mar 26, 2015
How many are they?

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by fiverrwin(f): 11:14pm On Mar 26, 2015
Is just saturday. Let see who God our merciful father will give us.
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 26, 2015
Tinubu. Common Thief.
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by egift(m): 11:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
It is not long away. Why did they skip the part Jonathan dollars is still hot?

Sai Buhari/Osinbajo.

3 Likes

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by ba7man(m): 11:22pm On Mar 26, 2015
cheesy When I saw OPC members in their numbers walking down Ikorodu rd destroying APC campaign boards, carrying guns and harrassing people, I was moved and immediately decided to vote for PDP.

I just fell for the campaign of violence the PDP promote.

I was also touched when I found out GEJ had shared out Billions of Naira from the National treasury to these Obas. He's so generous. Now all he has to do is borrow more money from world bank and we'll be fine.

The 1 million man march organized for Buhari had too many cute fresh people and was too organized for my liking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by theV0ice: 11:25pm On Mar 26, 2015
ba7man:
:DWhen I saw OPC members in their numbers walking down Ikorodu rd destroying APC campaign boards, carrying guns and harrassing people, I was moved and immediately decided to vote for PDP.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

It must have been a very 'convincing' action

Property Destroying Party

1 Like

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by ba7man(m): 11:29pm On Mar 26, 2015
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

It must have been a very 'convincing' action

Property Destroying Party
Bro, Everyone around me was in awe and they all simultaneously fell in love with GEJ.

They loved the OPC guns too. They thanked GEJ for empowering the OPC to be able to walk freely, terrorizing people. At least they can afford very good guns now.
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by Change2015(m): 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2015
ba7man:
cheesy When I saw OPC members in their numbers walking down Ikorodu rd destroying APC campaign boards, carrying guns and harrassing people, I was moved and immediately decided to vote for PDP.

I just fell for the campaign of violence the PDP promote.

I was also touched when I found out GEJ had shared out Billions of Naira from the National treasury to these Obas. He's so generous. Now all he has to do is borrow more money from world bank and we'll be fine.

The 1 million man march organized for Buhari had too many cute fresh people and was too organized for my liking.

Lolz, u sef.

#change
#GMB
#APC

2 Likes

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by 1Dray(m): 11:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
Confirmed! GEJwin!
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by theV0ice: 11:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
ba7man:
Bro, Everyone around me were in awe and they all simultaneously fell in love with GEJ.

They loved the OPC guns too.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg no kee me with laugh......

I'm sure you were in tears out of admiration for the gej 'heroes and patriots'? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by ba7man(m): 11:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg no kee me with laugh......

I'm sure you were in tears out of admiration for the gej 'heroes and patriots'? cheesy cheesy cheesy
It was a sight to behold.

PDP / OPC campaign train in all their guns/charms carrying glory.

What a lovely strategy to win South West votes.

1 Like

Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by theV0ice: 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2015
ba7man:
It was a sight to behold.

PDP / OPC campaign train in all their guns/charms carrying glory.

What a lovely strategy to win South West votes.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg if I continue with you, I will wake my sleeping baby. Your own pass my own cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by ba7man(m): 11:58pm On Mar 26, 2015
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg if I continue with you, I will wake my sleeping baby. Your own pass my own cheesy cheesy cheesy
Pls pity your sleeping baby ooo.... cheesy

Yeah, also try not to leave your baby in front of TV while GEJ is on........you should know why. wink
Re: Prominent Yoruba Leaders Vow Not To Vote For Buhari by ba7man(m): 12:19am On Mar 27, 2015
In fact the title of this thread should be; PROMINENT YORUBA LEADERS THAT COLLECTED GEJ'S DOLLARS VOWS NOT TO VOTE FOR BUHARI.

(1) (Reply)

See This Funny Calculations Of Election Results But "Real" / Bola Tinubu: Bode George Can Go On Exile / Man Running Away With Ballot Box During Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.