Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them (850 Views)

General March Buhari (GMB) WHAT ELSE / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks / 2015 Campaign Messages, APC Vs PDP: Decide Who Has Something To Offer Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
Jonathan's message was posted on his Facebook page:

In the last four years we have together achieved for Nigeria what some thought impossible. While there still remains a lot to be done, we can all take pride in the fact that Almajiris now go to school, that there are universities in every state, that our national rail network has been revived, that we have become a net exporter of products we once imported and that Human Development Indices such as Average Life Expectancy, Infant and Maternal Mortality rates and Poverty and Hunger Levels have all improved these past four years.

We have smashed the corruption in the fertilizer sector; uprooted ghost workers from our nations pay roll and empowered the military to do what is right for the security our people. Most notably, we have collectively grown our economy which is now the largest in Africa and the 26th in the world. We collectively achieved all these and I thank every citizen and encourage all to be prepared to continue our forward march of progress. Come Saturday 28th March, I urge us all to vote Progress, vote for the PDP and I, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the flag bearer of the PDP with its inclusive umbrella will never ever let you down. We shall continue to serve you our people very honestly, very equitably to the glory of God.

GEJ.

Buhari's Final Message :

Dear Compatriots,

I want to take this last opportunity, before we go to the polls on Saturday March 28 and April 11 respectively, to thank everyone who has supported our campaigns. I am humbled and grateful to have had the opportunity to meet so many of my fellow Nigerians who have helped to carry the message of change across our great country.

At no other time in our history is Nigeria in such an urgent need of strong and competent leadership. Sadly, at no other time is this leadership so sorely absent in our country. We live in a time of great opportunities and great peril. It is only a leader that understands these in equal measure that can find the rightful place for Nigeria among the great Nations of the world.

I have travelled extensively around Nigeria in the last three months. In the course of my travels, I encountered directly, what I have always believed: that a Hausa man’s desire for security is not different from the Ijaw woman’s desire to feel secured in any part of our country. An Igbo woman’s desire for her children to get quality education and find employment is not different from the Yoruba man’s dream for his children to become a useful member of our society. A wife’s desperate need for affordable and quality healthcare for her husband diagnosed with prostate cancer in Enugu is not different from a husband’s desire to save the life of his wife diagnosed with ovarian cancer in Lagos. Invariably, our fears are the same; our dreams are the same; and our problems are the same. Regardless of the language we speak, or the way we understand and worship God, what affects anyone of us, affects everyone of us.

Our economy is celebrated as the largest in Africa, yet our country is home to the continent’s highest number of people living in extreme poverty. Our youth population is larger than the combined population of many of our neighbours, yet our failure to plan and create opportunities for them is turning them to a social time bomb rather than economic catalysts. A band of ragtag terrorist group has threatened our territorial integrity, killed thousands of Nigerians, displaced our people and abducted our children. The almost 60, 000 Nigerians who have become refugees in neighbouring countries represent a budding threat to sub-regional stability.

Recent fall in international price of crude leaves us badly exposed and vulnerable. Dwindling oil revenue also means that we are going to face serious financial challenges in the months ahead. However, even as daunting as this appears, it also provides us with great opportunity to diversify our economy and finally give meaning to the widely held belief that our prosperity as a nation would not continue to depend on the resources buried under our feet, but on the productive capacity of our people.

No matter how much resources we have, if not properly utilized, it would only create a few billionaires and leave majority of our people in poverty. Under the current administration, corruption has enjoyed unprecedented prosperity and this has been at the heart of most of our government failings, including insecurity, broken infrastructure and growing inequality in our country.

My government will have a zero tolerance for corruption. I will set a personal example and run a government that truly serves the people rather than serve themselves and a privileged few. Like I have repeatedly maintained that if Nigeria does not kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria. We must not allow Nigeria to die. Therefore, we must do all that is necessary to root out this evil that has reduced our great country to a laughing stock of the world. We must begin to rebuild the social fabrics of our society and teach a different experience to our youth in the values of hard work, discipline, integrity and service.

The change that I seek therefore; is a change from the current regime of mindless of corruption and profligacy; a change from fear and insecurity to peace and stability; a change from religious and ethnic divisiveness to unity, equity and justice. This is the change that my party stands for. This is the change that I am committed to bringing about as President. Give me the chance to lead you in rebuilding a Nigeria that all of us can be proud of once again.

As we come out to vote on Saturday, I appeal to all Nigerians to shun violence in whatever form. It is the right of every adult Nigerian to vote and expect that their votes would count in a free, fair and credible election. However, we also have a responsibility to respect the choice of others and grant them the same treatment that we expect.

I also want to call on all our men and women in uniform, the Judiciary, and all others who have constitutional responsibility to safeguard our democracy, to remember that their responsibility is primarily to Nigerians and the survival of Nigeria. They must therefore not allow anyone to use them to subvert the will of the Nigerian people. I believe that their dreams and aspirations are not different from those of other Nigerians.

I have no doubt that with God being on our side; together we can make our country great once again.

Gen. Muhammadu BUHARI, GCFR

[url] http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/03/a-must-read-for-every-nigerian.html[/url]

1 Like

Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by ephemm(m): 11:47pm On Mar 26, 2015
Let's put all bigotry aside and sincerely choose, which is a more Presidential speech?

General Mohamadu Buhari is a rare diamond

4 Likes

Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by shaqhead: 12:06am On Mar 27, 2015
Ofcos GMB's speech is more presidential-speaks to ur heart and gives hope that we wl win our way out of the quagmire of our national life!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by Raiders: 12:25am On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ really messed up the opourtunity given to him to rule Nigeria. If I was GEJ, I would have focus on the Electricity sector and try increase the national grid from 3000mw to at least 50,000mw so that Nigerians who enjoy at least 18 hrs of power supply every day. 6 yrs in office is a long time to improve the power sector but instead he squandered the opourtunity of improving the power sector by firing Prof. Barth and replacing him with an incompetent minister of power. GEJ would have enjoy the goodwill of Nigerians if he had just improve the power sector and improve the security situation in the north. But its too late for that because most Nigerians are disappointed with his government

3 Likes

Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by EMEzzy(m): 12:39am On Mar 27, 2015
ephemm:
Let's put all bigotry aside and sincerely choose, which is a more Presidential speech?

General Mohamadu Buhari is a rare diamond
Those speeches were composed by neither of them so imo not a criteria to judge.
Id never take thier speech seriously till they day they speak from the heart without a manuscript,am not a fvcking robot.
Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by ionsman: 12:44am On Mar 27, 2015
Buhari is a Diamond. .
God shall accede to our prayers because we can't allow this opportunity pass us by.
We have suffered enough as a nation. This is the first step of returning this country to it's glory days.
Vote Integrity
Vote Transparency
Vote Change
Vote Apc

SAI BUHARI!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by ephemm(m): 12:49am On Mar 27, 2015
EMEzzy:
Those speeches were composed by neither of them so imo not a criteria to judge.
Id never take thier speech seriously till they day they speak from the heart without a manuscript,am not a fvcking robot.

At least it shows the kind of people that surround them and the way they reason.

It shows the kind of advice they get, and the intellect of people that may or will influence their decision

3 Likes

Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by EMEzzy(m): 1:00am On Mar 27, 2015
ephemm:

At least it shows the kind of people that surround them and the way they reason.

It shows the kind of advice they get, and the intellect of people that may or will influence their decision
True but dont attach much to it,its usually sugar coated lies.

1 Like

Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by pendy79: 1:20am On Mar 27, 2015
The intellectual capacity of GMB is a brazen show of his brilliance and unique love for the country.

I can tell you he writes virtually all his speeches himself not based on hearsay or innuendos because I recall on a visit with a former MILAD of Kaduna state, he asked we give him some minutes to round up a speech he was delivering at a Seminar at ABU Zaria, curiously I ask the MILAD why he is the one writing and putting his speech and was told he doesn't outsource his speeches.

You will see some of the content of this speech having familiarity with the one he delivered at Chatham House. His speeches are the hallmark of the leadership training he received during his military training.

A good war general must have good words to inspire and boost the morale of his troops to victory so writing good speeches are part of requirement for PASSING OUT AT THE US WAR COLLEGE of which GMB was an ex-student. We have seen examples of this in medieval war films, you cant be a good commander or general without being motivational and inspiring.

I'm CHARGED UP for this CHANGE.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by afoo02(m): 1:28am On Mar 27, 2015
Judging by their messages. Buhari is more composed than our outgoing president.

1 Like

Re: GEJ VS GMB :what Their Final 2015 Elections Campaign Messages Say About Them by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
ephemm:

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: President Jonathan To Concede Defeat, Congratulate Buhari – Thewill / With APC Win, South East Shuts Self From Senate President, Speaker Slots-PM / Nesta Oil Boss, Ernest Obiejesi Disrupts Ihiala Federal Constituency Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.