Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

How PDP Did Me In By IMIKAN ATTAH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Did Me In By IMIKAN ATTAH (411 Views)

PDP Did Nothing For 16 Years, Says Buhari / PDP Did Not Lose 2015 Presidential Election – Ciroma / What Pdp Did To Apc Campaign At Ayobo,ipaja...photos Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How PDP Did Me In By IMIKAN ATTAH by kahal29: 4:26am On Mar 27, 2015
How PDP did me in

By IMIKAN ATTAH

It is really sad to observe that President Goodluck Jonathan has mistaken his position as the president of Nigeria to mean the President/Holder of every position possible in the country.

Jonathan snatched my ticket! Nigeria had seen how Dr Jonathan wanted to be President of Nigeria and Governor of Bayelsa State (he still does). He has also added Speaker, House of Representatives to his portfolio, and is now gunning not only for the governorship of Akwa Ibom State, but also to be the senator of the largest Senatorial District in Akwa Ibom – Uyo Senatorial District.

It has been distressing to watch Jonathan’s series of political miscalculations with all attendant consequences, but it has been heart wrenching to see him stretch forth his hands to snatch my senatorial ticket. Uyo senatorial ticket was zoned to Uruan and Ibesikpo Asutan. Uruan declined, also went wholesale into the APC after the PDP state primary election that never was.

I was to represent Uyo at the senate with the full backing and support of all my people.

Shockingly, Dr Jonathan suddenly sent for one of the PDP governorship candidates in the last quarter of last year. Point blank, he told the contestant in the presence of Governor Godswill Akpabio and the party national chairman that there was zoning in Akwa Ibom, so he should hands-off the governorship race and accept the ticket for Uyo senatorial. Greedily, the candidate said yes. But in so doing, Jonathan trampled on the existing zoning formula in the state, and even hid under the curious umbrella of zoning only in Akwa Ibom to justify his deeds. Indeed, his disruptive incursion into Akwa Ibom politics violates PDP constitution, party guidelines and extant party policy.

Even the state leader, Governor Godswill Akpabio has publicly expressed his displeasure at candidates coming for party tickets “through the back door.” By party guidelines, Dr Jonathan’s proxy is not even eligible. But Jonathan just carries on.

Like a sick joke, in a matter of days from then, a doctored list of delegates was prepared for the primaries, and my name, which was previously on the list, was unceremoniously dropped. Thereafter, two committees were set up by the PDP and both times I was assured that I had a good case, which would be looked into. But a few weeks ago, the flag was handed to Jonathan’s proxy.

I have reached out to the state chairman of PDP. Governor Godswill Akpabio has relocated to Abuja and has been inaccessible for a long time now. Having spoken to the state chairman of PDP to no avail, I then sent repeated text messages to the National Chairman, which went unacknowledged. I have even sent elder statesmen and party chieftains to President Jonathan, including Chief E.K Clark, and Senator Emmanuel Paulkner, among others, but he has remained adamant. I have shown exemplary maturity and sense of responsibility towards peaceful restitution, but Dr. Jonathan wants to be president of everything. All of his power-grabbing demonstrations have had dire consequences on the fortunes of the party and I can assure that the singular act of snatching my ticket will have its consequences. Uyo Senatorial is not only the largest in Akwa Ibom, but the single bloc to constitute the determinant factor in the state voting pattern.

Once you have gotten Uyo Senatorial District aggrieved, mark my words, you have practically kissed Akwa Ibom goodbye.

After the horrendous treatment of the aggrieved governorship contenders (the G-22) and the blunt refusal by Dr. Jonathan, the designated leader of the PDP, to even meet with them, snatching my ticket is the last slap on the sensibilities of the good people of Akwa Ibom State.

Jonathan’s power show is going to cost the party dear. I am sorry to say that by the time one individual goes to put a whole political party in his pocket, that pocket will tear so terribly, it will finally strip him naked.

•Chief Attah is the Obongawan Uforo of Uyo
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=111027

(1) (Reply)

PDP Supporters Be Like... / Accommodation Seriously Needed In Uyo!!! / Breaking News: Bomb Blast At Enugu Polling Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.