Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? (1352 Views)

My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal / Odered A Car From jiji, am i About To be Scammed? / Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? by ochardbaby(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2015
Hi Nairaland,
Forgive me for probably writing in the wrong section if thats the case and my typing error. I bought a 2011 Toyota Camry courtesy of a family friend in Usa paid 10,680$ my contact said he paid about 780$ to the dealer for his dealership was used in the purchase open to only dealers. he also spent about 400$ for some diagnosing.

I advise we used a 20ft container which he agreed to and quote 3300$,having 3000$ from my initial balance sent for the car,while am planing to send
the needed balance he found a cheaper way for less 400$.

Shipment arrives in soon and the message is i can only clear my car from the shipper who shipped the cars from US because;
1) there are other cars in the container.
2) they have to clear the container and in the process clear all the cars
3) i am asked to pay the sum of 1.2 Million Naira for the clearance

Please advise am i dealing with a good agent and is there a way to clear this car with another agent at a lesser price.

thanks for your time reading my thread.
Re: Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? by iPopAlomo(m): 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
Wow... lol...

Let me understand you... your Camry is in a 20 ft container...?!
Re: Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? by iPopAlomo(m): 12:08pm On Mar 27, 2015
Well true... for you to clear your car... you need to clear the container...

And as you aren't the owner of the container... because you don't own the original bill of lading...

you pay whoever owns the container...

you shouldn't have shipped one car in a container...

Simple and short... you got ripped off...
Re: Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? by ExpressBooking1: 12:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
Yes your agent or family relation is ripping you off. this is how;
1. What dealership charges $780 for a used car purchase? Auction Export buys from such auctions for me most times and charges between $195-$295 as their fees exclusive auction buyer fee which is mostly paid at public auctions, alongside gate fee and internet fee
2. diagnosis of $400 may be possible
3. what shipping charges are $3300? please be informed that shipping in a consolidated 40" container is the best bet. for a vehicle you bought that amount should be run and drive and if so why do containerization? its better to do RoRo unless your vehicle is on the far west coast of Washington, California, Utah,Nevada etc. if on the far west coast then ground transportation is around $1,100 to east coast and ocean transportation is $950 RoRo or $1,175 container to Lagos. If your vehicle is on the east coast then I bet you ground transportation will not be more than $400-$700 depending on exact location.

4. 2011 Toyota Camry containerized may cost you between 1,000,000 to 1,200,000 depending on your agents capability

If you need help on ground transportation and ocean shipping, contact AOL Fast Shipping here on Nairaland with the moniker FastShipping and for more info on clearing please contact Adexfem or Femi2010 here on Nairaland too. they are trusted hands and I have worked with them so are many nairalanders. good luck

if you need any more information please email me on travelshq@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? by spassion: 7:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
Hello Nairalanders pls help.

My agent just told me today that they have done the inspection of my container but we have to wait because the inspection report will be sent to Customs office in Abuja.

Can someone tell me what it means when the report of your container inspection is sent to Abuja instead of releasing your container immediately?
Re: Help I Am I Dealing With Wrong Agent?? by ochardbaby(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,
Here am I again in need of your honest advice like you have always did, just that time is tickling so slow while
I am eating with this devilish agent.

Vessel : MSC-ITEA
VOYAGE : MW511A.

Ship was discharge on 02/04/2015
Container released on 22/04/2015
Empty container return : 23/04/2015

He asked for 1.2 million for clearance for my 2011 Toyota camry . I paid 600,000 Naira on the :09/04/2015
500,000 Naira on :13/04/2015 and the balance of 100,000 Naira on the 22/04/2015.

Here comes my agent again asking for demurrage ?

What is the next step I can take stop this fraudulent guy from his continuous mode of ripping operation

Thanks in advance .

(1) (Reply)

A Clean Honda Accord 2003 Model @ 770 / sold sold... kSuper Clean 2009 HONDA ACCORD 1.47m 2 units / Sharp Reg 2007 Honda Accord With Leda Option 4 950k Asking!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.