Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) (860 Views)

Osun Residents Storm Residence Of Isiaka Adeleke Who Died This Morning. PICS / Umuahia Residents Rush To Scoop Kerosene From Felled Tanker (Photos) / Onitsha Residents Rush To Scoop Fuel From Fallen Tanker. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ahead of Saturday’s general elections, residents of Osogbo in Osun on Friday besieged the major markets in the town to stockpile food stuff at home.

A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), who monitored activities at Oja-Oba, Akindeko and Igbonna markets reports that many of the residents were seen buying food stuff in large quantities.

The foodstuff purchased by the residents includes rice, yams, beans and garri.
Mrs Bolanle Aderibigbe, who spoke to NAN, said that she was at the Akindeko market to get foodstuff ahead of the elections.
Aderibigbe said that since markets would not open on Saturday and no one knew what the outcome of the election would be and she decided to be proactive.

Another resident, Mrs Aishat Abimbola, who was at Igbonna market said she came to buy food stuff because of fear of possible post-election violence.
Abimbola said that her intention was to buy foodstuff in large quantities to avoid being caught unprepared.

In her remarks, Mrs Ayo Bamidele, a rice seller at Igbonna market, said that there was unusual patronage of buyers in the market.
Bamidele said that it was only during the festive period that the market ordinarily witnessed such high patronage by buyers.

Also, Malam Sule Kadiri, another raw food merchant, said that the market had been recording human traffic since Wednesday. Sule said that the high patronage was probably due to the election on Saturday.
Meanwhile, majority of banks in the town did not open for business transactions following a public holiday declared by the state government.

The few banks that opened for business, in text messages to their customers, said they would however, close by 2.00p.m.
At First Bank branches and Guarantee Trust Bank, many customers were turned back at the gate by security personnel, who advised them to use the Automated Teller Machine (ATM).

Short queues of people collecting money at the ATM were also noticed in most banks in the metropolis. (NAN)
http://leadership.ng/news/420633/poll-osun-residents-besiege-markets-to-stockpile-foodstuff

1 Share

Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by tosyne2much(m): 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2015
Dr Emusmith
Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by Hiredassassin: 2:45pm On Mar 27, 2015
Warrrrrrrrrr

I love warrrr
Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2015
You won't blame them.....
People are just trying to save for "perceived" rainy days

But I just hope the rains don't come pouring.
Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
missclasssy:
You won't blame them.....
People are just trying to save for "perceived" rainy days

But I just hope the rains don't come pouring

I hope so too
Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
emusmith:

I hope so too

We can only hope and pray.
Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2015
missclasssy:

We can only hope and pray.

Abi undecided
Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2015
tosyne2much:
Dr Emusmith

My Oga cheesy
Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2015
God help us.
Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 27, 2015
Lols.
It was the same story in Aba.

I had to form sick and rush to the market.
The traffic was crazy.

They were campaigning with every type of vehicle, even trailer and heavy duty (MACK).

Accidents/so many cars kissing each other where them dey drive formula 2.

I just "wind-down", put off my music first. Make I fit hear sounds well.

A lot of banks may not have ATM duties this weekend, people have to be proactive and withdraw today or early tomorrow morning.

We don't pray for post-election violence but we just gats have a plan. smiley
Re: Osun Residents Rush To Markets To Stockpile Foodstuff (Photo) by valmunich(m): 4:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
Oboy.. Na true oh...

Picks up phone and dials my wife's number*

(1) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Down Cos Of Support For Jonathan / Nigerian Police Control Number For Each State, Please Save It / Confirmed Results As Announced By INEC Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.