Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,204 members, 7,842,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls (780 Views)

Agbaje Or Ambode - Online Polls / GEJ And GMB Nairaland Poll / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls by grownaira: 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ: Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
State Of Origin: Bayelsa
Political Party: PDP

GEJ: Campaign Quotes :

» A country is like an industry. It must be managed properly by people who have brain and great ideas upstairs. Let me just give you some highlights: they say we are not focused; we are not planning. But our economy has become the biggest in Africa; it was not the biggest in Africa before. Without planning, can your economy become the biggest in Africa?

» When I came on board as President, I noticed that though in the country and on paper, there is this programme or policy of government that every state must get a Federal government owned university. Out
of the 36 states we have, 12 had no federal universities and people were deceiving Nigerians that they were doing something. I said we must establish these 12 universities in the remaining 12 states, start as small
universities and grow and we have done that successfully and they are growing gradually.

» Gen. Buhari, with due respect, is not the right option for Nigeria at this time. It is a gamble that is not worth taking. I may not be perfect as nobody is perfect. But I believe that come Saturday, the majority of Nigerian voters will choose me as the best candidate to lead the nation forward.

GEJ: Bad Sides

The following are points about the bad side of GEJ, extracted from The Economist that describes him as an utter failure:

» He has shown little willingness to tackle endemic corruption. For instance, when the governor of the central bank reported that $20 billion had been stolen, his reward was to be sacked.

» On his watch, the Northern part of the country has been virtually destroyed. Over 18,000 people have died in the region due to the Boko Haram insurgency. He has shown little interest in tackling the issue, and has been totally incompetent in this regard. Also, he was quick to show solidarity during in the aftermath of the Paris Charlie Hebdo attacks but showed no concern for the Baga massacre.

» Although Nigeria became one of the
world’s fastest growing economies during his regime, this was accomplished DESPITE his government rather than BECAUSE of it.

» Under Jonathan, poverty has increased exponentially, and “Nigerians typically die eight years younger than their poorer neighbours in nearby Ghana.”

If you have a PVC, and you will vote for GEJ, Click like

If you know of at least two persons whom you are sure have PVC, and you are sure they will vote for GEJ, click share.

Please if you know you don't have a PVC don't click anything, else the kind thunder weh go fire you no be small one.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls by grownaira: 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2015
GMB: General Muhammadu Buhari
State Of Origin: Katsina
Political Party: APC

GMB: Quotes from his last his last message to Nigerians before elections day:

» My government will have a zero tolerance for corruption. I will set a personal example and run a government that truly serves the people rather than serve themselves and a privileged few. Like I have repeatedly maintained that if Nigeria
does not kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria.

» The change that I seek therefore; is a change from the current regime of
mindless of corruption and profligacy; a change from fear and insecurity to peace and stability; a change from religious and ethnic divisiveness to unity, equity and justice. This is the change that my party stands for. This is the change that I am committed to bringing about as President. Give me the chance to lead you in rebuilding a Nigeria that all of us can be proud of once again.

» As we come out to vote on Saturday, I appeal to all Nigerians to shun violence in whatever form. It is the right of every adult Nigerian to vote and expect that their votes would count in a free, fair and credible election. However, we also have a responsibility to respect the choice of
others and grant them the same treatment that we expect.

GMB: Bad Sides

The following are points about the bad side of GMB, extracted from The Economist that describes him as a despotic dictator:

» He is an ex general who assumed power via a coup. His rule was “nasty, brutish and mercifully short.”

» His system of economics tagged Buharism was extremely destructive: “Instead of letting the currency depreciate in the face of a trade deficit, he tried to fix prices and ban “unnecessary” imports.

» He expelled 700,000 migrants in the delusion that this would create jobs for Nigerians. He also banned political meetings and free speech.

» He detained thousands, used secret tribunals and executed people for crimes that were not capital offences.

If you have a PVC, and you will vote for GMB, Click like

If you know of at least two persons whom you are sure have PVC, and you are sure they will vote for GMB, click share

Please if you know you don't have a PVC don't click anything, else the kind thunder wen go fire you no be small one.

Thank you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls by bewla(m): 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
bad or good sai baba
Re: GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls by Kelklein(m): 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
guy like seriously.. I don tire for online polls..

make we just leave the rest till tomorrow

#teamchange

#IhaveaPVC

#Iwillvoteoutcluelessness
Re: GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls by grownaira: 4:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
GEJ or GMB, who is ur hero
Re: GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls by CharliParker: 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
ABEG AM TIRED OF PDP
LETS GIVE BUHARI A CHANCE

1 Like

Re: GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls by grownaira: 7:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
A violent free election is what we want
Re: GEJ VS GMB: Nairaland Online Polls by grownaira: 6:14am On Mar 28, 2015
The they has come. #VoteDontFight

(1) (Reply)

Jega's PVC Contract / Don’t Declare Any PDP Candidate Winner In Anambra. / BREAKING: Buhari Beats Jonathan In Ondo - Premiumtimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.