Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,384 members, 7,954,557 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Why Should Poor Couples Have Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Should Poor Couples Have Children (5337 Views)

Timetable For Sex For Married Couples, Good Or Not? / That Feeling When Woman Is 40 And she does'nt have Children of her own / Checkout How Couples Who Met At The Club Dance At Their Wedding - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
MARKone:

Do not wish bad upon yourself my dear.....mysticgal are you married?
No cool
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Laird(m): 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
THE BIBLE SAID HE WHO DOES NOT TAKE CARE OF HIS FAMILY IS WORSE THAN AN INFIDEL

JESUS SAID COUNT THE COST BEFORE BUILDING A HOUSE BEFORE THE HOUSE CANNOT BE FINISHED

FOR ME PERSONALLY I WOULD NEVER WANT TO BRING A CHILD TO THE WORLD TO SUFFER AND I WOULD NOT WANT MY CHILD TO LACK OR BEG OR BE SOMEONES HOUSEHELP....AND BE ABUSED AND MOLESTED.....

I WOULD RATHER WAIT AND REMAIN SINGLE THAN BRING CHILDREN THAT I CANNOT AFFORD THEIR UPKEEP INTO THIS WORLD

HOSPITAL BILLS ALONE ARE RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE TALKLESS OF SCHOOL FEES IN GOOD PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES, QUALITY LIFESTYLE, FUNDS TO PULL CONTACTS ON THEIR BEHALF AND PULL STRINGS TO MAKE THEM FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT..

....SET THEM UP IN BUSINESS LIKE DANGOTE WAS GIVEN A HUGE SUM OF MONEY BY DANTATA HIS MOTHERS FATHER TO START BUSINESS

.......BILL GATES, WARREN BUFFET, PRINCE ALWALEED BIN TALAL AL SAUD, ALIKO DANGOTE, MIKE ADENUGA, ARE FROM RICH HOMES

MONEY PROVIDES;

,=BETTER EDUCATION, HIGH QUlALITY EDUCATION, MOST BIG GLOBAL FIRMS WOULD PICK A HARVARD MBA OVER A UNIBEN FIRST CLASS

=SECOND CHANCES; RICH KIDS WHO FAIL IN SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITY CAN CHANGE SCHOOLS, TRAVEL TO ANOTHER SCHOOL IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, USE FINANCIAL AND CONNECTION MUSCLES TO SMOOTHE OVER ISSUES

=PARENTS CONNECTIONS AND MONEY CAN HELP IN GETTING HIGH PAYING JOBS, LUCRATIVE POLITICAL AND GOVERNMENT POSITIONS, CONTRACTS, APPOINTMENTS

=PARENTS AND FAMILY CAN GIVE THEM MONEY FOR BUSINESS OR ALLOW THEM MANAGE OR TAKEOVER A BUSINESS OR OPEN A BUSINESS FOR THEM

=HELP THEM OUT FINANCIALLY IF THINGS GET ROUGH

= BUY THEM THEIR FIRST CAR, RENT FIRST FLAT, GIVE THEM MONEY WHILE LOOKING FOR JOB,

=FROM EXPERIENCE WHEN FRIENDS AND PEOPLE DISSAPPOINT FAMILY MIGHT BE THE LAST BACKUP

=PEOPLE SHOULD LIMIT THEIR CHILDREN TO HAVE A HIGHER QUALITY OF LIFE

EVEN SECULAR RAPPER 5O CENT HAS PUT 700 THOUSAND DOLLARS IN HIS TWO YEAR OLD SONS TRUSTFUND AS PAYMENT WHICH HIS COMPANY PAID HIS TWO YEAR OLD SON TO ENDORSE HIS COMPANIES HEADPHONES.

NO UNCLE OR AUNTY WILL EVER LOVE A PERSON
LIKE HIS CHILD EVEN IF THE CHILD IS A KIDNAPPER......SEE THE STORY OF THE PRODIGAL SON...THE RICHMAN HAD SERVANTS BUT GAVE HIS SONS HIS WEALTH

EVEN ABRAHAM SETTLED HIS SONS

ME I WANT JUST ONE OR TWO KIDS.....WIFEY MUST WANT TOO AND SIGN AN AGREEMENT TO THAT EFFECT BEFORE MARRIAGE...AFTER TWO KIDS HOPEFULLY A BOY AND GIRL THEN SERIOUS FAMILY PLANNING

EVEN IT IS A SERIOUS HEALTH RISK FOR A WOMAN TO HAVE MANY CHILDREN...ASK A DOCTOR

HAVE TWO CHILDREN AND SPEND QUALITY MONEY ON JUST TWO CHILDREN

SImple Quality life

MARRIAGE AND CHILDREN ARE SERIOUS FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY WHICH REQUIRE MONEY AND PLANNING

I DONT PLAN TO LIVE IN A SINGLE ROOM APARTMENT WITH MY WIFE AND CHILDREN..MY OPINION.....I WOULD PREFER A THREE BEDROOM AND ABOVE

MY OPINION

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Odunharry(m): 11:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
mysticgal:

I for one do not want a child.why? because I am not financially and emotionally stable.
hmm
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 28, 2015
It appears people have children for the hell of it, like they're accessories. Frankly, it's a huge problem.

4 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 28, 2015
MARKone:

Do not wish bad upon yourself my dear.....mysticgal are you married?

It's not wishing "bad" - it's what she wants.
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 7:57am On Mar 28, 2015
Odunharry:

hmm
It's not that I don't want children, but for now I dont want any
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by vicoson(m): 8:25am On Mar 28, 2015
juman:
They have right to live their lifes.
Children are individuals. They have their own rights and preferences too. Don't you think so?

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 28, 2015
Ok o.
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by edwife(f): 10:10am On Mar 28, 2015
I agree with that,just as most of the rich people we have today are from poor homes so as most of the touts,armed robbers and kidnappers we have today.We can't be sure.

What i hate most is when they bring children for the sole purpose that their healthy brother or sister will help train their kids. undecidedand they make it an obligation.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Odunharry(m): 10:15am On Mar 28, 2015
mysticgal:

It's not that I don't want children, but for now I dont want any
sure now.. except you want to get marry while in school..
first thing first dear
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Vision4God: 12:25pm On Mar 28, 2015
mysticgal:

my point is not giving birth to children but giving birth according to how you can train.not putting children under starvation and suffering

Pls basic thing I say is pray pray because na God o.

Der was a man hu lost al his properties at a critical stage wen family demand was very high. (ds man was a big man b4 tragedy befell him)
De nvr envisaged it. He had it all rosy from bginin.now he rides okada jus to feed his family & d wife sells palm oil.
D kids ar forced to sell, go 2 farm 2 help out.

God is great in al he does. Prayer and dedication 2 God is a key.
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2015
Vision4God:

Pls basic thing I say is pray pray because na God o.

Der was a man hu lost al his properties at a critical stage wen family demand was very high. (ds man was a big man b4 tragedy befell him)
De nvr envisaged it. He had it all rosy from bginin.now he rides okada jus to feed his family & d wife sells palm oil.
D kids ar forced to sell, go 2 farm 2 help out.

God is great in al he does. Prayer and dedication 2 God is a key.
this case is so different, some families just suffer and also bring mighty number of children to this world to suffer with them and it makes no sense.smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Fhemmmy: 3:06pm On May 06, 2015
mysticgal:
[b]Before i started writing this article,i thought seriously about it before putting it in writing.
When a man and woman get married,everything is perfect and the birth of a child makes it much perfect.A child is a blessing,he or she brings much happiness to the immediate and extended family.But it dosen't just stop there;catering and providing for the financial,material and emotional need of the child comes to mind.
Let me go straight to the point.Looking at the economic situation of the country,i say it is bad for a couple who are poor to have children.Why do i say this?I have been looking or studying the everyday life of the gateman of my lodge in school.This man is the picture of a typical Nigerian,who gets married probably by the help of friends and family and then starts to have kids."he has like three[3] kids"and stay in a room,not even a self contain,a room.These i must say is putting God's creation in sufffering. No food,poor education and even depreciatiated shelter.
I say no child deserves less and if a couple really wants to have children,they should give birth according to how they could train them.and i discovered it is poor people that have too many kids.Familylanders and members of nairaland what is your say on this.smiley[/b]

Waoh . . .
Nice piece, however, while it is difficult for people to be without kids, and i do understand that, but to have more than one or more than what you can afford to cater for is what i have a problem with, it is totally not fair to the kids to have to go through some situation of life to have the basic things of life and that is what some people do send their kids to go and live with relatives that will abuse them and use them as house-help . . . It really saddens my heart to see such.
While we cant advice couple to stay off the pleasure of fun in marriage, they could protect such kids from happening. . . .Just my 2 cent
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by shozillo(m): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2015
Vision4God:
@mysticgal
Lemme ask u a question. For a man to marry honorably, and begat children d ryt way, and/or
Sleep around, give birth 2 children here & der, which is better.

Mind u d bible say he hu finds a wife obtains favor frm d lord.

Der was a man hu nvr had anything, buh had faith in God, got married & a well paying job located him about 3 months after his wedding!

God's hand of favor is wat we al nid

funny thou,u r quoting the Book of proverb..when Solomon dat wrote it married 700wives.dats wat we call Double standards
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by tocin44(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2015
Mystic, where have u been na? Been trying to reach you! Pls email me or something. Thanks
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by eyinjuege: 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
SpeedyConnect:
Well I think we should be more realistic. Gone are the days we chorus ' God gives children. Things now including giving birth should be with moderation.
It doesn't make sense begetting innumerable kids in a squalic state. Its somewhat akin to bringing sickle cell carriers to this world.

Sickle cell carriers are those with AS genotype.

On the topic, its kinda hard hearted to want to deny anyone the joy of parenthood especially because they are poor. It makes the thought of living harder for anyone. Poor people have it bad enough, and believe you me, many of us are deemed poor by the likes of Dangote n co. Should we also be discouraged from procreating?
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by SpeedyConnect(m): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2015
eyinjuege:

Sickle cell carriers are those with AS genotype.

On the topic, its kinda hard hearted to want to deny anyone the joy of parenthood especially because they are poor. It makes the thought of living harder for anyone. Poor people have it bad enough, and believe you me, many of us are deemed poor by the likes of Dangote n co. Should we also be discouraged from procreating?
Deemed poor by the likes of Dangote? Dangote is a paragon of circumspection and not the average. Virtue lies in the middle. In Grange secondary school people pay 4.5 million for their wards. People eqaully pay 40000 for their wards at another school. You can see the difference in pay yet all get basic education. That's what am talking about.
Nobody advocates denial of parenthood because of poverty. But we should be more realistic and come to terms with the economic situation. You don't just go and beget kids you can't averagely take care of for God does not always provide.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by K9blunt(f): 10:17am On Oct 21, 2015
MARKone:
Poor man is not entitled to have a Girl friend
Poor man Should not marry
Poor Man should be denied sex...

Now Poor couples should not have children, this is height of insensitivity, rubbishing that which our dear God proclaimed 'Go forth and fill the earth' he never said go forth make money and then fill the earth. Even God chose Mary and Joseph to be the earthly parents of Jesus christ.
Jonathan your president came from a poor background. Your submission is biased, and should have focused more on birth control for poor couples, not telling them not to have children.

Mr Man! the earth is freaking overpopulated with people now nature is trying to control that by overflooding, hurricane, diseases and human disaster........... ok that's of-point

the op is saying people who are not financially buoyant should not have and or should only have kids according to their abilities to care for them.

don't you think at all?

the children selling petty things, most of them are their families bread winners, what for?
what about the ones walking on the street with dirty panties and kwashiorkor bellies dancing "my pant no tear pass your own" nko?

your likes are the reason there are less jobs for better living in this country.

shior!

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hey family landers, ha I thought this topic has graced front page. Royalroy please could you do the needfull as we are tired of seeing who dress pass.
Cc. Royalroy
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by tocin44(m): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
mysticgal:
Hey family landers, ha I thought this topic has graced front page. Royalroy please could you do the needfull as we are tired of seeing who dress pass.
Cc. Royalroy

Hey mystic, u just went off grid, can't reach u anywhere. What's up with u. Noticed u still come here. I've mailed u, no where else I can reach u. Pls check your mailbox. Get back to me
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by mysticgal(f): 1:02am On Oct 23, 2015
tocin44:

Hey mystic, u just went off grid, can't reach u anywhere. What's up with u. Noticed u still come here. I've mailed u, no where else I can reach u. Pls check your mailbox. Get back to me
Hey I missed, Don worry make I go sheck
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Cholls(m): 1:46am On Dec 28, 2015
mysticgal:
[b]Before i started writing this article,i thought seriously about it before putting it in writing.
When a man and woman get married,everything is perfect and the birth of a child makes it much perfect.A child is a blessing,he or she brings much happiness to the immediate and extended family.But it dosen't just stop there;catering and providing for the financial,material and emotional need of the child comes to mind.
Let me go straight to the point.Looking at the economic situation of the country,i say it is bad for a couple who are poor to have children.Why do i say this?I have been looking or studying the everyday life of the gateman of my lodge in school.This man is the picture of a typical Nigerian,who gets married probably by the help of friends and family and then starts to have kids."he has like three[3] kids"and stay in a room,not even a self contain,a room.These i must say is putting God's creation in sufffering. No food,poor education and even depreciatiated shelter.
I say no child deserves less and if a couple really wants to have children,they should give birth according to how they could train them.and i discovered it is poor people that have too many kids.Familylanders and members of nairaland what is your say on this.smiley[/b]
my sister Hi
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by ivyT(f): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2015
akinsadeez:
You shouldn't approbate and reprobate at the same time. You started by saying they shouldn't have children at all, then ended by saying they should have only the number of children they can train. Which one?
Child birth should not be limited to just rich people alone. Some if not most of the world leaders we have today are from poor homes. You can even argue that kids who grow up in rich homes are prone to becoming spoilt.

Let me tell you a story I personally witnessed. I know of some peeps that you can classify as poor. They had two children and decided to have one more despite their precarious economic and financial situation. As God would have it, when the wife got pregnant they discovered she was gonna give birth to twins. Even till she gave birth the husband was still wondering how he was gonna cope. But immediately the twins were born, almost miraculously things changed radically for the family. The father's promotion that had been pegged for donkey years was suddenly released. Favors and blessings of all kinds from all angles suddenly happening to them. Today the family can be classified as rich. Whether you agree with her or not, till today the wife continues to see the birth of those twins as the key to their breakthrough.

Sometimes the children might even be the one to take the family out of poverty. Goodluck Jonathan grew up in a very poor home. Today he is the president.

The man got promoted ryt?how many pple get richer in this situation ?2 out of 100
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by danbrowndmf(m): 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
Why shouldn't they have children? But they shouldn't have morethan 2. Just like ma parent. We are just two. Me & my sister.
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by LastProphet: 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
SpeedyConnect:
Well I think we should be more realistic. Gone are the days we chorus ' God gives children. Things now including giving birth should be with moderation.
It doesn't make sense begetting innumerable kids in a squalic state. Its somewhat akin to bringing sickle cell carriers to this world.

my brother this is a long discussion o, its not even God that gives children because if he was he can't give children to murderers like bokoharam who rape and impregnate their victims. another big problem is that muslims are intentionally giving birth uncontrolably in order to have higher population as that is what they are commanded to do. population is already too much but there is no way to control ignorant black people
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Gerrard59(m): 12:30am On Jun 26, 2016
You're lenient. Hopefully, if/when I enter into government at some point in my career (the average Nigerian needs his/her mentality to be changed), I'll BAN poor couples from reproducing (forced sterilization/vasectomy/hysterectomy) after their first child. Additionally, individuals with low IQ should not give birth to more a child.

Singapore did such and they're better for it today.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by flyca: 3:52am On Jun 26, 2016
Mysticgirl.

Hi dear, congratulations! It takes great boldness and courage to paticipate in the Miss NL contest, and you have them both! Honestly, I don't know what the most important criterion for this selection was (maybe fanship - I understand you didn't have a lot of fans before the contest), but I tell you, if it was by facial beauty, the crown would have been yours! Girl, you are beautiful and elegant!

Don't feel so sad, I'm one of your admirers wink. And your eyebrows are so flick! If I were home, you would be getting a special price from me. Go on with your head high, you have what it takes to move your world. Wish you greater success in all your future endeavors!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by Sarang(f): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2017
Rainess:

Is it torture to grow up poor? No. What children need most is love and even rich people cannot give that sometimes. As long as the child is not going to starve or suffer.. why not... any child is a blessing

It is torture to grow up poor!!
Re: Why Should Poor Couples Have Children by 1Sharon(f): 6:11am On Aug 16, 2017
Surprised at the responses here undecided Simple people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With Very Annoying Parent(s)? / Please What Do These Calabar Names Mean? / My SU Neighbour Is Olosho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.