Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow (1618 Views)

Court Dismisses Udom Emmanuel’s Appeal, Voids Poll In 18 LGAs / Tribunal Nullifies PDP Lawmaker’s Election, Orders Fresh Poll In Makurdi-north / Ballot Papers Stolen by APC In Ogudu Kosofe LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2015
Live on TVC with Yori Folarin on #Nigeriadecides studio, their news correspondent in Delta phoned in to inform that there was a drama at the INEC office this evening when during the distribution of Sensitive Election Materials the eagle eyed APC agents on the ground quickly observed that some Ballot Papers where already tampered with and raised objection that the total ballot papers is not corresponding to what is being packed.

The INEC Commissioner said it is no problem but maybe they forgot to pick them up at the CBN office but on further inquiry there was no official explanations that could identify when and where the ballot paper cartons were stolen.

The 2 local government affected are Ethiope South and Ethiope West and hence election in the two local government for the house of reps candidates have been postponed until the issues surrounding the disappearance of the ballot papers are resolved.

How did Ballot Papers got stolen in CBN people of Nigeria?

Will update if there are subsequent updates, it's live on TVC Nigeria right now.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
Who knows whether the thieves got the wrong ballot Paper cartons maybe it was the presidential ballot papers they planned to steal but got the wrong box.

3 Likes

Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by alienvirus: 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
O pari. He don dey happen
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 8:17pm On Mar 27, 2015
Only Delta State seems to have ballot papers missing case at the moment across the country for now. Maiduguri is calm with no issues reported.
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2015
Plateau is calm with nothing to be worried about
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ogun is calm too
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by theV0ice: 8:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
@pendy79, well done on the updates bro grin

I hope they let the votes count and whoever wins to rule
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2015
Micheal Oshoma, Correspondent from Yobe,Damaturu says Yobe is 90% ready. Displaced people are packed together and INEC taking care of them in the special centre to enable them vote tomorrow.
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
Say no to an old man ruling us
Say no to fake change
Embrace a vibrant cum agile leader
Vote transformation
Vote jonathan
As ya vote for jonathan may ya life be fully transformed, Amin
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by Aghanel(m): 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ghen Ghen!!!
E don dy apen
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:02pm On Mar 27, 2015
@Pendy79,I just finished watching Yori Folarin and his guests on #NigeriaDecide. Yes, 50,000ballot papers were missing and it was meant for Ethiope south and Ethiope west federal constituency. Nawao!
PDP have started stealing ballot papers already. No election for Federal house of reps is going to hold there. Too bad!

My tweet was read on the programme. Yipeee! cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
@Pendy79,I just finished watching Yori Folarin and his guests on #NigeriaDecide. Yes, 50,000ballot papers were missing and it was meant for Ethiope south and Ethiope west federal constituency. Nawao!
PDP have started stealing ballot papers already. No election for Federal house of reps is going to hold there. Too bad!

My tweet was read on the programme. Yipeee! cheesy cheesy

my sister it beats imagination that 50,000 BALLOT PAPERS could just disappear into thin air without official explanation. Kudos to the vigilant Party Agents who were so articulate and observant.

Nigeria will be delivered from PDP tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
Anambra state is 100% ready
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
pendy79:

my sister it beats imagination that 50,000 BALLOT PAPERS could just disappear into thin air without official explanation. Kudos to the vigilant Party Agents who were so articulate and observant.

Nigeria will be delivered from PDP tomorrow
no one knows where it was stolen. Its either it got stolen at Central Bank or on the way to INEC warehouse. The REC officer at first wanted to wave it aside as a false alarm but it was later confirmed. The reason election for Federal house of Reps will not hold in the two local governments affected.
The REC officer took a good decision. Say no to rigging!
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by EdCure: 9:13pm On Mar 27, 2015
PDP stole them.
Enough said!
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by POPdecorator: 9:15pm On Mar 27, 2015
Oga jona is that the reason y u go home? Chai na wo hooo but
sai buhari
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 9:26pm On Mar 27, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
no one knows where it was stolen. Its either it got stolen at Central Bank or on the way to INEC warehouse. The REC officer at first wanted to wave it aside as a false alarm but it was later confirmed. The reason election for Federal house of Reps will not hold in the two local governments affected.
The REC officer took a good decision. Say no to rigging!

The REC is saying it happened in the CBN, Agents are supposed to be part of the team that pick up items from CBN so I doubt it can happen along the way to the Warehouse, it could also be that they were stolen in the INEC warehouse yesterday before distribution today.
I'm not sure the Two Local Government Areas are different federal constituencies, I guess they are two local government areas in one federal constituency.

I believe the THIEVES got a WRONG CARTON OF BALLOT BOXES
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2015
pendy79:

The REC is saying it happened in the CBN, Agents are supposed to be part of the team that pick up items from CBN so I doubt it can happen along the way to the Warehouse, it could also be that they were stolen in the INEC warehouse yesterday before distribution today.
I'm not sure the Two Local Government Areas are different federal constituencies, I guess they are two local government areas in one federal constituency.

I believe the THIEVES got a WRONG CARTON OF BALLOT BOXES
yes they are two local government areas in one federal constituency.
I am sure they got the wrong box. Maybe they thought it was for the presidential elections. Hahahaha!!
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by Ashleyma77(m): 9:36pm On Mar 27, 2015
notwithstanding the set back,Nigerians will march4 buhari.

click like for our incoming president
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by IVORY2009(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ashleyma77:
notwithstanding the set back,Nigerians will march4 buhari.

click like for our incoming president

Stop all this childish campaign, Nigerians will decide tomorrow @ the polling units, Click like and share old format.
Re: 50,000 Ballot Papers Stolen In Delta, No Reps Poll In 2LGAs Tomorrow by pendy79: 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2015
http://www.news24.com.ng/Elections/News/50-000-ballot-papers-missing-in-Delta-20150327

up till now no new information about what happened to the Ballot Papers.

Election postponed in 7 federal constituencies in Jigawa State over Ballot Papers issues too

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Learnt From Goodluck Administration(add Yours) / After Ohakim, Lamido, EFCC Moves To Arrest Ex- Abia Gov. T. Orji / See A Photo Of Nigerian Army 155m Bofors Artillery Employed In Boko Haram Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.