Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,929 members, 7,952,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:36 PM

2015 Elections: Things You Must Do/not Do At The Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Elections: Things You Must Do/not Do At The Polls (407 Views)

‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals / Pics: Head-to-head Performance Of APC And PDP at The Polls / Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Elections: Things You Must Do/not Do At The Polls by Sanchez01: 10:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
Irrespetive of tribe, religion, ethnicity and belief, the fact is that we are till one and will always remain one. Before you go to the polls tomorrow, I'd like to share some helpful tips of things you must do before leaving home tomorrow and what you must never do at the polls. Below are some of them;

1. Do NOT argue with anyone at the poll: During election years, some people have ways of inviting trouble to themselves by proving their choice is better than others. Please, whatever you do tomorrow, DO NOT argue about your choice of candidate(s), religion, ethnicity and plights or circumstances. Those who are only interested in violence could capitalize on this and attack you. Agree with everyone and stay mute almost all time. Your safety is paramount.

2. DO NOT divulge your choice to anyone at the poll: For 'discussion purposes' unknown person might ask you about your choice, please do not mention this tomorrow. You never can tell you agrees or disagrees with your choice. Hence, keep this to yourself, don't ask others whom they'll be voting and don't answer questions on whom you'll be voting for.

3. Accept every "Gift" at the polls: Yes, I know this sounds ridiculous but execute this with wisdom. Party agents might shower you with gifts or a "token for recharge card". Irrespective of your choice, accept whatever is thrown at you and vote your choice. Rejecting gifts is an indication that you do not support the party dishing the gifts and it could make you an easy target. It would be difficult for anyone to know whom you'll be voting if you collect everything thrown at you.
NB: I'm not asking that you compromise your stand. Just don't make people see through you.

4. DO NOT put on a shirt/gown/top or vest bearing the mark or colour of any political party: Please note that this is extremely crucial. Without going through the four walls of a tertiary institution, a rioter would incredibly recognize a discourse analysis marker. Quite confusing, right? Let me explain this. Yellow is an automatic marker meaning MTN while green is an automatic marker signifying Globacom. The ability to recognize this signs without carrying a name/logo is called Semiosis. Please do without a green, red or a light blue. These three colours could cause a tip off and make one a target. Both the PDP and the APC have green on their logo. The difference in the two is the red (for the PDP) and light blue (for the APC). To be on a safer side, colours such as purple, black, pink, orange, yellow or plain white.

5. Mind your phone etiquette at the poll: Watch how you talk over the phone if you find yourself amidst electorates tomorrow. Don't get yourself into trouble by mentioning a candidate's name over the phone.

6. STAY OFF SLOGANS TOMORROW: Finally, this is my last tip to everyone, do not use a party's slogan while at the poll pr a public place. The country is a bit sensitive now and a slight mention of "Change" or "Transformation" could leave or body or your face changed or transformed tomorrow. Leave the chant behind before going to the poll.

7. Maintain Orderliness: In order to avoid being rough-handled by security operatives, kindly exhibit orderliness and remain calm at all times. Do not get angry over squishy issues.

No politician is worth dying for. I hope the best man represents us at the long run. A better Nigeria is my dream smiley

#VoteNotViolence

Anyways, GMB does it for me grin grin
Re: 2015 Elections: Things You Must Do/not Do At The Polls by Sanchez01: 10:38pm On Mar 27, 2015
Ishilove
Lalasticlala
OAM4J

Please help move this to enlighten electorates. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Officially Confirmed. APC Wins Lagos State Polls / Engineer Rauf Aregbesola Congratulates President Buhari By Vanguard / Matters Arising 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.