Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,758 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:03 AM

Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? (3738 Views)

Lady Mocks Women Who Think Attachment Is A Sin But Use Wool To Make Their Hair / Could This Be Regarded As Sin? / Why Does Religion Treat Incest As Sin If We Are All From Incest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by pweetixandy: 11:56pm On Mar 27, 2015
I was thinking about how crazy religious can be and how biased humans can really be.

I don't know quotes from the bible or koran that I could use to back up my standing.

Tattoos are man made,so are tribal marks

tattoos are indelible, so are tribal marks (they could be removed through laser surgery tho)

Even our local,non permanent tattoo; laali isn't frowned upon by christians and moslems.

So my question is,why do christians and moslems describe the modern day tattoo as "sin" but tribal marks are considered okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by Acekidc4(m): 11:57pm On Mar 27, 2015
They re Very Very Different Na!!
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by pweetixandy: 11:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
Acekidc4:
They re Very Very Different Na!!
how are they different?
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by zyzxx(m): 12:10am On Mar 28, 2015
U can't compare both.
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by prevail23(m): 12:12am On Mar 28, 2015
pweetixandy:
how are they different?
**pukes** see d pix na sad..d tattoo looks neat buh d marks are disgusting! not all d marks sha!
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by pweetixandy: 12:16am On Mar 28, 2015
prevail23:
**pukes** see d pix na sad..d tattoo looks neat buh d marks are disgusting! not all d marks sha!

Yeah..but the question is,why are tattoos sinful but tribal marks are ok. Religiously?
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by Mrbigman1(m): 12:37am On Mar 28, 2015
The tribal mark was used in time of old for identification and differentiating people during war.

Tattoos re for fashion and what the bible said about tattoos

"Do not grave and an image on ur body either on earth on in the heavens or of dead or living creatures cos ur body is the body of the holy spirit. "

Most tattooed individual dnt just know d significance of what dey re wearing.
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by pweetixandy: 12:43am On Mar 28, 2015
Mrbigman1:
The tribal mark was used in time of old for identification and differentiating people during war.

Tattoos re for fashion and what the bible said about tattoos

"Do not grave and an image on ur body either on earth on in the heavens or of dead or living creatures cos ur body is the body of the holy spirit. "

Most tattooed individual dnt just know d significance of what dey re wearing.
please tell me the bible verse.

But what if I get a tattoo that read "I love jesus",would that be a sin.

But tribal marks are also engraved on the body
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by Mrbigman1(m): 12:58am On Mar 28, 2015
pweetixandy:

I can't specifically tell u d bible verse, but I think it's in d book of detrounomy wen Moses was spelling out all rules God gave out to his people.

And one thing about tribal mark of old and the bible is that u re been judged with things u know. They did it out of cultural influence not to alter dia being
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by agohmamuda(m): 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2015
pweetixandy:

This is the Bible verse: Leviticus 19:28-29...
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by pweetixandy: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2015
agohmamuda:

This is the Bible verse: Leviticus 19:28-29...

Ok so tribal marks is sin too
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by agohmamuda(m): 2:17pm On Mar 28, 2015
pweetixandy:

I'll come talk about it later; my battery dey low. Tnks.
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by emmyskies(m): 4:48pm On Mar 28, 2015
Both tribal mark and tatoo are sin. Difference is that tatoo is done by the person, so the sin is accounted unto him whilst majority, if not all tribal marks are given at birth by parents, without consent or approval of the person. It is wrtiten, a child shalt not suffer for the sin of his father, therefore, it won't be accounted unto him. At rapture, tribal marks of saints would be erased. GOD bless His saints
Re: Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? by agohmamuda(m): 6:20am On Mar 29, 2015
[b][/b]
pweetixandy:

Tribal marks and Tatoo's are both sin b4 God." You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD."

The people of old were ignorant and had no access to the word of God, so they had Tribal marks for sake of identification, beauty, etc which is a negation to Gods word. Remember wat happened to Isreal when king David on his own got up and decided to number/head cound the people of Isreal just like that, God punished them all .... My point on Tribal mark/Tatoo is that, we shldnt disobey God for sake of identity, beauty etc

(1) (Reply)

The Day Pastor Adeboye Proved Himself To Be A False Prophet / Which Church Is This One Again Lol?? Please Help Me / Why Should I Praise God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.