Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,912 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor (1329 Views)

Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 28, 2015
when u greet ur parents and elders, do u put both knees on the floor? i greeted a relative this afternoon with one knee on the floor and my other knee 3/4 down and he asked why i don't greet him with both knees on the floor. . mind you, this's how i've always greeted him and he's just talking now. i've watched naija movies, sometimes kids will just bend a little with no knees on the floor. do you greet elders with both knees on the floor? what about ur parents, like if u live with them do u greet them everyday with both knees on the floor?
Re: Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor by Wuuworld(m): 12:30am On Mar 28, 2015
U for collect mat or mouka foam sleep for his front nah...............if I open mouth greet u and u refuse to answer....Bye bye to u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor by darnley16(m): 1:11am On Mar 28, 2015
God bless this poster above me!!!

1 Like

Re: Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor by aadetoyin(f): 1:23am On Mar 28, 2015
It's Yorubas that complain about such. For me it depends on who I am greeting. I go on both knees for my mum and my in-laws. For other people I just bend.
Re: Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor by macof(m): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
Depends on who the person is to you and how much you wish to respect him/her

Surely if he deserves it a true Yoruba would greet appropriately
Re: Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor by vodacom: 5:12pm On Mar 28, 2015
If I hear say I try am. Good ma or sir is enough for me period.
Re: Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2015
We greet our elders with two hands, this is enough for us in Igboland and everybody goes his or her normal businesses
Re: Kneeling To Greet Elders with both knees on floor by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
Wuuworld:
U for collect mat or mouka foam sleep for his front nah...............if I open mouth greet u and u refuse to answer....Bye bye to u.
lol

(1) (Reply)

Almajiri System Of Education / Omo Oduduwa Oh!!! Omo Yoruba Rere Oh!!! / What's Up With All The Hate Y'all?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.