Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:04 AM

Shekarau For 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekarau For 2019 (719 Views)

Fayose Has Become A Legend In Nigerian Politics – Shekarau / Sheikh Jafar's Assassination Files By Ibrahim Shekarau Found In Goje's House / INEC Announces Dates For 2019 General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekarau For 2019 by coolscott(m): 12:58am On Mar 28, 2015
I say the PDP's Shekaru, former Kano state governor and current minister of education will be good for 2015.
He was the leader of the ANPP (before the oppositions formed themselves into the APC)
Re: Shekarau For 2019 by Mrbigman1(m): 1:34am On Mar 28, 2015
I see ribadu and an easterner as running mate which will put APC on the tightest corner.

Cos if buhari retires after dia failure, APC would want to use west vs sout south or east but dey will fail again and dia business will collapse.

Dia choosing Buhari was dia greatest mistake.
If dey had chosen shakaru, present kano state governor, by 2019, he would have been more popular
Re: Shekarau For 2019 by fineguy11(m): 1:59am On Mar 28, 2015
Shakarau more popular than buhariare u high on weed??...the only politician who can stand toe to toe with buhari in the north is ......yet to be born!!!!there is a big difference between voters and followers...the only politician with real followers in nigeria is buhari.....if APC had presented another candidate other dan buhari,,,the election wld av been won already by GEJ.....if GEJ had gone ahead with the polls of feb 14,,he wld have suffered a heavy defeat...the postponement made the election an even contest............
Re: Shekarau For 2019 by coolscott(m): 8:57pm On Mar 28, 2015
fineguy11:
Shakarau more popular than buhariare u high on weed??...the only politician who can stand toe to toe with buhari in the north is ......yet to be born!!!!there is a big difference between voters and followers...the only politician with real followers in nigeria is buhari.....if APC had presented another candidate other dan buhari,,,the election wld av been won already by GEJ.....if GEJ had gone ahead with the polls of feb 14,,he wld have suffered a heavy defeat...the postponement made the election an even contest............

[size=13pt]Well, Shekarau is in the PDP now.

I saw him in the presidential debates last time around and I said to myself "Wow! I never knew a man like this existed"

I had planned to vote him (and not GEJ) in 2015 but I changed my mind due to the following reasons.

1) The northern insurgency.
I decided that if northerners decided to aimlessly kill people in the name of Bokoharam, I should not reward them with my vote. They would think it is because of their misbehaviour that we are voting them. Meanwhile I already planned to vote Shekarau in the 2015 elections way back in 2011.

2) Shekarau Already Left the APC
Shekarau was the presidential flag bearer for the ANPP in 2011.
When the APC was formed, he joined the APC only to leave them shortly afterwards. It was the early days of the APC when they were highly disorganised and it was very understandable when people who could not stand that level of disorganisation were leaving.

Now he is education minister with the PDP, and we know who the PDP ticket bearer is.

Honestly speaking, even if Shekarau was still with the ANPP at this stage, I would still not vote him in 2015 because it must be known that supporting bokoharam and trying to make the country ungovernable does not endear any group to the rest of Nigeria.[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Punch Is INEC Result Media. / Breaking News Official Release Of Result / Mr Patrick Obiahgon At It Again Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.